News Okunbor Appeal Date Set

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Axed Canterbury winger Jayden Okunbor finally gets his chance to appeal the NRL’s decision to deregister him, reports The Daily Telegraph.

Okunbor will have a closed hearing on Tuesday in front of NRL appeals committee chief and former High Court judge Ian Callinan to discuss his fate, although a result isn’t expected for weeks.

Okunbor’s former teammate Corey Harawira-Naera is still yet to have a date set for his appeal.

Both Okunbor and Harawira-Naera had their contracts terminated by the Bulldogs and were suspended indefinitely by the NRL for allegedly bringing back school girls to the teams hotel during pre-season that has resulted in these court cases.

Even without a return date set yet for Harawira-Naera’s return to action, he is a wanted man after it was reported that a host of clubs have lined up and enquired interest in his services

Zero Tackle

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Fuck this ****... He did the wrong thing and deserves it. Bring back CHN !

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So how do we benefit if they get sacked and other clubs can sign them? We should have first refusal the way NFL clubs do when the league suspends a player

bleedblue&white

go the berries
Reaction score
Here we go

suspended just long enough to fuck over the bulldogs and then allowed sign with another club!!!!

how long will the cephalopods (look it up) on our board get bent over and cop this shit

I thought with greenturd gone we might get a fair crack

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'd rather Elliott any day of the week. Sign Bateman and CHN will not be missed after this year imo.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Fuck this c***... He did the wrong thing and deserves it. Bring back CHN !
CHN broke the same NRL rule as Okunbor, so why would he be treated differently? If Okunbor wins the case though, then CHN also should be let off. Id take either back. We could use them both imo.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
CHN broke the same NRL rule as Okunbor, so why would he be treated differently? If Okunbor wins the case though, then CHN also should be let off. Id take either back. We could use them both imo.
It's pretty clear from the info we've been provided that both scenarios are quite different. In Okunburs case there was clear evidence of messages leading to a sense of grooming... CHN just broke a the 'hotel' rule and wasnt set up on a school visit.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spot on,2 players we definitely miss,just look at the replacements,and our current form.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't want either of them playing for the Dogs. They knew not to do it, they did it anyway, and in so doing they spat all over their team mates and the club. 2020 wasn't looking like an easy season, it became a lot harder because of these two.

Other clubs are welcome to them. I feel for any future team mates who are trying to do the right thing, with either of these two on your team you'd have to have a nagging sense of doubt, you can work your guts out and they could do something stupid and selfish and render all your hard selfless work for the team pointless.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope and I've been saying it since before the CHN and Okunbor situation too.
just because you say it doesn't mean it's true

btw I see you and your cheerleader buds red X and raise you a....

images (93).jpeg

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who cares about Okunbor. Wouldnt want him back at the Dogs. Pay couldnt get the best out of him. Actually, maybe he did. Dont care if he signs for another club. I want to see quality signings moving forward not average reserve graders. Its got me stuffed why he even gets a mention.