Official Round 5 - Bulldogs vs Roosters - Discussion Thread (postponed till Monday night)

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, we atleast we did have one big win over the roosters.
Smashed them in the penalty count.
7 penaltys scored to 4.
EaT tHaT rooters!!!.
How many tackle resets did they get though? Especially early on. Felt like every set from the start

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tonight more then ever it hit home that be it salary-cap related or whatever, the difference between the two squads was night and day. I felt sorry for the 17 players who gave their all tonight but it was always going o be one-sided as the Roosters showed laying on 3 try's in the first 12 minutes. I applaud our team because they show up and they give their all they really do BUT as the commentary team was discussing no one in our entire squad would make the Roosters team.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hi guys, this thread is out of control.

Up the dogs, damn we are horrible. That’s the results we should expect from a C-class team.

We literally shouldn’t be playing first grade.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Tonight more then ever it hit home that be it salary-cap related or whatever, the difference between the two squads was night and day. I felt sorry for the 17 players who gave their all tonight but it was always going o be one-sided as the Roosters showed laying on 3 try's in the first 12 minutes. I applaud our team because they show up and they give their all they really do BUT as the commentary team was discussing no one in our entire squad would make the Roosters team.
Good post. Shame about all the other abuse going on. Night and day is right and we made it worse on ourselves with simple dumb stuff like DWZ and Crichton dropping balls that led directly to tries for Teddy. Despite being TK whipping boy Tolman missing hurt us defensively. We were outclassed but I don’t believe by 36. You give a team like them an inch and they cut you to shreds. Averillo showed some bright patches in attack but his defence was really exposed tonight. He needs time. We need and are desperately short of quality it’s as simple as that. I still believe band-aids will do nothing where stitches are required - so sacking Pay now will achieve very little. It might not be aiming high right now but we showed enough tonight in parts that we can beat the Sharks on Sunday. We simply have to recruit some quality for 2021.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm trying to sleep but everytime I close my eyes I get flashbacks of Lewis passing the ball to the ground :sob:

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Guys please keep the thread on topic all the rubbish has been removed now so keep the conversation about the game or cop the consequences.
Agreed. Let’s all keep it civil please.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When your 85kilo winger runs the ball harder than the entire forward pack combined u know u have problems

what happened to the promise of teams waking up the next day knowing they played the bulldogs

what happened to the madness

what happened to scratching and clawing every centimetre first 80mins

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good post. Shame about all the other abuse going on. Night and day is right and we made it worse on ourselves with simple dumb stuff like DWZ and Crichton dropping balls that led directly to tries for Teddy. Despite being TK whipping boy Tolman missing hurt us defensively. We were outclassed but I don’t believe by 36. You give a team like them an inch and they cut you to shreds. Averillo showed some bright patches in attack but his defence was really exposed tonight. He needs time. We need and are desperately short of quality it’s as simple as that. I still believe band-aids will do nothing where stitches are required - so sacking Pay now will achieve very little. It might not be aiming high right now but we showed enough tonight in parts that we can beat the Sharks on Sunday. We simply have to recruit some quality for 2021.
Matty Johns said we are 5-6 quality players down on most teams. That pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
When your 85kilo winger runs the ball harder than the entire forward pack combined u know u have problems

what happened to the promise of teams waking up the next day knowing they played the bulldogs

what happened to the madness

what happened to scratching and clawing every centimetre first 80mins
Pay happened

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That first 20 mins was disgusting. Our blokes had nothing we didn’t even hang onto the ball for the first ten mins. That was pathetic coming from the Bulldogs. No fight what so ever