Official Round 5 - Bulldogs vs Roosters - Discussion Thread (postponed till Monday night)

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are all very well thought out and constructive views and probably all correct.

But,

FUCK THE RORTERS AND THEIR LATTE DRINKING, LOAFER WEARING JUMPER AROUND THE SHOULDER SUPPORTERS.

They can suck my left one.

Dogs by 10
Lol. They can suck my right one then

Go dogs

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't see why Tolman isn't playing. Not sure about this one Hill. Tolman tested negative so what's the worry? If one of our better players has a scare does that mean we lose them for 14 days too (self isolation)?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not a single person in here has come up with any logical reasoning on how we could win this or keep it close. Its all just "feelings" and attention seeking in case we win so you can get some internet props.
You are missing the point and also missing out. Its like when you put a bet on that has a potential large payout or a lottery ticket, its the nice feeling you have thinking about what it will be like to win. No-one really expects us to win and on paper we shouldn't, but stranger things have happened.

Foz is back which seem to lift the guys, DWZ is great on the wing, Elliot is playing strong, the forwards will be thinking about Thompson coming, Averillo is in the starting side etc. etc.

Plus, most importantly,

the Roosters can FUCK OFF.

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Stop their forward pack . We need too aim up in the middle and control the momentum . Too win any game it happens through the middle and your defensive structures . If we nullify ruck speed and control friend their backs will not hurt us . First two tackles are vital in each set too control the speed . Their wingers usually come in for 2nd tackle runs, we need too get up quick on them .

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We should be playing through their middle aswell . We won’t score much going wide , they are good defensive centres . Atleast that way we can fatigue their forwards tko Hargreaves etc

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not a single person in here has come up with any logical reasoning on how we could win this or keep it close. Its all just "feelings" and attention seeking in case we win so you can get some internet props.
You must've missed my wet dream post.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My right nut is itchier than usual. More than enough reason in my mind.

Dogs by 4

silva

Utility
Reaction score
That's a defeatist attitude

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will be the biggest upset for a long time if we win tonight. Glad JWH is out at least, but his replacement Collins is still better than anything we've got at the moment. Will be interesting to see how our thin roster stands up against a team of rep players. It's a big test for us and just a gutsy 80 minute performance with some decent execution in attack would be great. Also hoping Foran doesn't get injured and Keary and Tedesco have butter on their hands and chewy on their boots.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
We need some props

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
How are we going to score points/attack? Hopoate sweeping out the back and creating numbers. Elliott and DWZ creating some second phase play. Foran short ball to a second rower or also creating numbers on the other side of the field (Lewis should do this too).

How are we going to stay in the contest? Play safe (one out stuff with forwards) until we're past half way (can throw the ball around/spread the ball here), nothing crazy until we're in the final third. If we're not in a position to attack we need to continue to bomb into a corner and try and contest, at least tackle the catcher straight away. We can't turn the ball over in our half, make errors or give away silly penalties (the Roosters will capitalise). Our defence needs to be at its best, line breaks and the Roosters forwards running through us will be game over.

I feel like this was our game plan last week. A lot of people questioned Lewis' kicking but it was actually very important in stopping the Dragons get out of their own end. Foran, DWZ and Elliott gave the rest of the team confidence through their actions and presence (in Foran's sense).

Obviously even if we do all of this and play to our best ability (all we can ask as fans) we'll probably still go down 1-12. The expected result is Roosters 13+ so we'll have to see how it pans out. There is no logical way to make us favourites. If we were to do a combined 13 Foran would probably be the only player to make it. They have us beat across the park.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Being serious for a second though ...

So many times I've watched our club play over the years and thought, on paper, we really don't stand a chance. So many times we've pulled it out of the fire. It's why we love the game as anything can happen on the day. Anything.

Of course it'll be a massive upset if we win. But I for one always believe we've got a chance.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly. I'm not saying we'll win but 18.5 is too much. We can defend well. Roosters will just do enough to win.
Agree, I’d take a 18-16 win to be honest. Roosters will try and blow the Dogs off the park in the first 30. If they can stick with them, just like Penrith and Manly did, this could get very interesting.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we seem to use 1 kicking option, cant see Lewis getting time from the roosters pressure tonight, also id be shocked if DWZ isn't bombed to all night

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
we seem to use 1 kicking option, cant see Lewis getting time from the roosters pressure tonight, also id be shocked if DWZ isn't bombed to all night
vs Tupou. It could be rough.