News Belmore boost: St Helens reluctantly ready to release Test star to Dogs

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
It's a brave decision by him if true. Up ends his life, friends and family to arrive early. Not to mention he knows he won't be fit nor up to speed with NRL conditioning and how much quicker, and physical, the game is here.

Be great if he seamlessly adapts but it's gonna be a challenge probably for everyone. Player, Club, coach, team mates, fans.

Let's be kind on TK. With recruitment, playing style, success...his guy could be the start of great things for the Club :grinning:
Probably the exact reason we need him here now. Get him up to speed. Get his family over here, so next year he is in a good headspace when we might actually do something in the premiership

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It's a brave decision by him if true. Up ends his life, friends and family to arrive early. Not to mention he knows he won't be fit nor up to speed with NRL conditioning and how much quicker, and physical, the game is here.

Be great if he seamlessly adapts but it's gonna be a challenge probably for everyone. Player, Club, coach, team mates, fans.

Let's be kind on TK. With recruitment, playing style, success...his guy could be the start of great things for the Club :grinning:

Nutboy you got negatives out of that? Typical of you.

If all goes well it may encourage more UK players to us and he will add a lot to the club with good publicity and have us looking like a competitive club once again.

It's a call to arms for TK to give the guy a chance because he is up ending his life for the club by coming early. He hasnt played for months and NRL tougher and faster, which he is well aware of, yet is willing to eagerly take on the challenge for our club.

Typical of you not to comprehend.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Probably the exact reason we need him here now. Get him up to speed. Get his family over here, so next year he is in a good headspace when we might actually do something in the premiership
Exactly right.

He knows he is taking a risk with this. Leaving the comp where he is considered the best but signed with us.

The guys a legend already. Good on him. Let's show him the respect.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Nutboy you got negatives out of that? Typical of you.

If all goes well it may encourage more UK players to us and he will add a lot to the club with good publicity and have us looking like a competitive club once again.

It's a call to arms for TK to give the guy a chance because he is up ending his life for the club by coming early. He hasnt played for months and NRL tougher and faster, which he is well aware of, yet is willing to eagerly take on the challenge for our club.

Typical of you not to comprehend.
Read what you said you silly old fool and it’s Natboy

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Brave might be stretching it a bit.

matthew

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good time to come. Weather is cooler giving him an easier time to acclimatize to Australias climate. Bringing his family to a country that is not riddled with Covid 19 and getting a chance to get adjusted to NRL in a shortened version of the comp before he starts his original 3 year contract.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Brave might be stretching it a bit.
It might be stretching it :grinning:...but...he is taking a risk to prove himself and its at our club. Its not like he agreed to sign with the Rorters or current flavour of the month Parra where he would get favours from DT etc so I'm happy to support him for coming early.

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reporter on Twitter saying he’s hearing Thompson is due to arrive in Sydney tomorrow?
If it all goes to plan he could play round 8! That's taking into account 2 weeks quarantine and a week or so training with the team.

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good news, napa and thompson starting props, tolman to 6. Ha ha
So that's really just a number change on the jersey then, given how many times Tolman gets in at first/second receiver, especially on the 4th..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Read what you said you silly old fool and it’s Natboy
If you are going to keep on with your silly ageist insults then you will continue to be known as nutboy. If you prefer ratboy then that's ok too. Seen some call you nutzy as well.

Grow up and if you insist on elevating my posts with your attention, then you'll get the appropriate response from me if they are just plain ol' insulting.

Ignore my posts, or keep to sensible discussion on Bulldogs issues, then you won't have to stamp your feet and make your childish demands...up to you.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If you are going to keep on with your silly ageist insults then you will continue to be known as nutboy. If you prefer ratboy then that's ok too. Seen some call you nutzy as well.

Grow up and if you insist on elevating my posts with your attention, then you'll get the appropriate response from me if they are just plain ol' insulting.

Ignore my posts, or keep to sensible discussion on Bulldogs issues, then you won't have to stamp your feet and make your childish demands...up to you.
You started with the name calling you hypocrite. It’s very clear you have NFI about rugby league and negativity wise you must be Sancho’s grandmother but if you make a comment on a discussion board expect replies. That’s how it works

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I'd way rather be in Australia next week then incite UK.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It might be stretching it :grinning:...but...he is taking a risk to prove himself and its at our club. Its not like he agreed to sign with the Rorters or current flavour of the month Parra where he would get favours from DT etc so I'm happy to support him for coming early.
No just at all in my opinion. Quality is wuality no matter how you look at it. The best prop in the UK will NOT be a dud in the NRL!!!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No just at all in my opinion. Quality is wuality no matter how you look at it. The best prop in the UK will NOT be a dud in the NRL!!!!
The best fullback in the UK was a dud in the NRL lol.

Thompson should be fine, I was a little hesitant at first but since the rule changes I think the game will suit him even more and make the transition across a lot easier.