News RFM to extend contract

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That’s what I’d like to see also. RT it’s time to step up and start and run a muck.
RFM and his offloads should help spark something for our attack, if like to see Averillo hang off him but they’ll be opposite sides of the field. Possibly Meaney can take that spot.
They should both be on the same side if RFM is starting in the backrow today. Unfortunately Lewis will also be there with them

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I rate RFM.. with CHN gone a no brainer to re-sign him..

Double C

Waterboy
Reaction score
Good player, a pack leader. Now a key senior man in an already powerful group of key senior figures.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I rate RFM.. with CHN gone a no brainer to re-sign him..
I also rate RFM highly
Let’s just hope he stays injury free and repays our club with some barn storming runs.
The time has come for him to really stand up and make a name for himself.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It’s weird how Jackson got 3 years and this guy only 2.
I would have been a lot more comfortable if our captain had 1 + 1
I wouldn't of even re-signed Jackson lol.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
What's the bet that's all we do. Add Thompson and re-sign all the players we already have and expect something different. We're building a strong culture, DNA, young, more games under the belt, rebuilds take time, be patient blah blah.

Translation: Yes, we have heaps of money but fuk me no c*** actually wants to sign with us?

* How do you know this MR Bulldogs recruitment guy?
* Well not one single player has called me!
* You do realise that you have to find and approach them don't you?
* Huh???????????????
We can't do that unless we front load contracts as we have to spend 95% of our salary cap. After re-signing everyone we're still going to have 2-3m salary cap to spend.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Does keeping him mean it’s the best we have/best we can get? To be honest he is a very lazy defender especially late in games. I wouldn’t be relying on him to get 50-60 mins a game.

Between him and CHN its day and night. RFM can also push the pass a little too much.

My concern is keeping him before signing anyone else. Fair enough he would be on peanuts compared to a rep quality replacement, but still we are playing our hand early. Just hope we do have additions up our sleeve. I really doubt the 2-3 players Pay quoted will be enough. We really do need a complete overhaul. When I look at our 17 this week against dragons, we aren’t even in the same comp as them and they have as many wins as us..... just thinking keeping Lewis, mariner, potentially tolman might hamstrung us again moving forward.

Anyways I’ll keep faith in the process I hope and everything will come together in the end.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I have mixed feelings on this re-signing, especially two years (I hope he's on ~200k and if more not much more). I think RFM should currently start as our second rower but I think he should be a placeholder for Topine. RFM has been underwhelming since last year.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Good re-signing.

2 years is the ideal length for a bloke who is very talented, albeit a bit injury prone and inconsistent in patches.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully this is a realisation that Britt sucks or at least isn’t ready to be a regular starter in first grade.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Oh that’s a bit rough,he does his best almost every game.
I don't think so. At the time he still had a year to run on his contract and his money could've gone a long way to solving some other issues. Happy for him to stay but I really wouldn't have re-signed him at that point. I also would've shifted him to lock ages ago and unfortunately that is still yet to happen.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think so. At the time he still had a year to run on his contract and his money could've gone a long way to solving some other issues. Happy for him to stay but I really wouldn't have re-signed him at that point. I also would've shifted him to lock ages ago and unfortunately that is still yet to happen.
I was only joking about the almost every game bit.
But in all seriousness you can see that the determination is there,
Unfortunately the body and stamina have just dropped off in recent years.
Still a favourite player who never gives up.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Surely Tolman won't get an re-signed, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit considering who we've re-signed already, and the excuse for re-signing Tolman will be 'we need stability, experience'!!!
Tolman's finished, there is no way he's re-signed.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Surely Tolman won't get an re-signed, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit considering who we've re-signed already, and the excuse for re-signing Tolman will be 'we need stability, experience'!!!

Next minute the board announces tolman recommiting for five years and will take up an assistant coaching role with a path to becoming head coach upon retirement because he solidifies bulldogs culture and DNA :tonguewink:

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Awesome he’s paying so well up the middle much better as a bench prop