News Another former player confirms Roosters rort

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
https://www.todaystale.com/leaguewh...XtroDEFVz1tgHxXXOVBWRad_kyvZMXtNvsYMUxT0KfbSU

Another Test star confesses - club paid me in brown paper bags
Former Great Britain star Bobbie Goulding claims that on arriving in Sydney he was taken to City Ford and given a car. In the glovebox, a brown paper bag full of cash. And it kept on coming.

The Mole

May 23 Sydney
1 2915
RUGBY LEAGUE
The Mole
May 23 2020
A THIRD Test star has admitted he received illicit money from the Sydney Roosters in brown paper bags.

Two weeks ago, I wrote a story that Kiwi legends Dane and Kurt Sorensen both confirmed that they moved to the Roosters from Cronulla for undeclared cash in the mid 1980s.

That prompted former Great Britain superstar Bobbie Goulding to call me from England this week to add fuel to one of league’s most talked-about rumours - that the Roosters allegedly paid players down the years in brown paper bags.

“Your story brought back memories of my experience with the Roosters when I came to the club for a short stint in 1991,” Goulding told me.

“I was just a kid and they made me a good offer to come over and play in Oz.

“I arrived at the airport and a couple of the lads picked me up and drove me to (club sponsor) City Ford.

“I’ll never forget it because I’d never had a car before. But it got better. One of the boys said to me ‘look in the glove box’.

“I did so - and there was en envelope with $1000 cash - which was a lot of money in those days.

“I thought it was a bit odd - but I wasn’t going to say no - I was a kid and didn’t know any better.”

For the next two weeks, Goulding claims he met a Roosters staffer and given further bundles of cash in bags.

But things quickly went sour for the Great Britain star.

“I wasn’t in first grade and after that third week, the money stopped coming,” he said.

“I told the club ‘If you don’t pay me next week, I am going home.

“I stayed three more weeks without getting paid, then got an offer from Leeds, and went home.”

Goulding claims the Roosters tried to smear his name after he left.

“They said I trashed my apartment, stole the TV and VCR and didn’t return the car,” he said.

“Look, I’m no angel and did some bad things in the past, usually on the drink.

“But what was I going to do with the TV and video player - take them on the plane?

“And as for the car, I got a mate to take it back.”

Goulding, something of a bad boy in his playing career, claims he is now a changed man.

“I wasn’t an alcoholic because I didn’t drink every day, but when I did drink, I binged and became a dickhead,” he said.

“I’ve been sober for eight years now and would love to get back into the game, hopefully in a coaching role.”

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They said I trashed my apartment, stole the TV and VCR and didn’t return the car,” he said.

“Look, I’m no angel and did some bad things in the past, usually on the drink.

“But what was I going to do with the TV and video player - take them on the plane?

Seems like typical tactics coming from a scummy club like east's

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Theres got to be an investigation. This is ridiculous! Hahahaha.

But in all seriousness, Politis has been the head of City Ford since '74. Would like to see him cop the same treatment as Gary McIntyre

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Seems like typical tactics coming from a scummy club like east's
Illegal kickbacks + compiling evidence of the recipients questionable (illegal) behaviours which was encouraged (set up) by the former is a favoured tactic of elitists who break the rules (laws) to get ahead.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would say colour me shocked, but this is common knowledge and no surprise. Corruption makes the world go round, whether it's Rugby League, big businesses or Government and politics. It's shithouse, but unfortunately it's how it goes.

But man would I love to see the Roosters burn under their corrupt antics after all these years.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Politis has too much pull. Remember the days we had powerful people?

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
didnt brian fletcher say he was terrible at golf yet won several $$ lucrative $$ holes while playing some chooks big wigs many years ago

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This is also a 30 year old story - I doubt the Roosters were the only ones doing this at the time TBH.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
LOL yeah his mate returned the car. Case closed in that one.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Jason Ryles had 15k dumped on his front door step lol.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What a fuckwit he is.

He has admitted to a crime & he avoided paying tax. (so hope the ATO goes after him.)

Also, he is an alcoholic, you don't have to drink every day to be one.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Blake Ferguson
May or may not of and or allegedly received 10k cash in a paper bag after “winning” a game of golf with politis after he signed with chooks which may or may not or allegedly handed to him by the driver who took him back from golf course

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a fuckwit he is.

He has admitted to a crime & he avoided paying tax. (so hope the ATO goes after him.)

Also, he is an alcoholic, you don't have to drink every day to be one.
Ato ain’t guna going looking at 1000 dollars cash paid to someone 30 years ago lol

Not a chance

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ato ain’t guna going looking at 1000 dollars cash paid to someone 30 years ago lol

Not a chance
It went from an envelope with $1000, to bundles of cash in bags..

So much more that a grand.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
What's stopping clubs from paying players cash directly by depositing it into their bank accounts? Isn't it a breach if privacy (not to mention illegal) if the NRL wants to look into their bank accounts? That's what I'm wondering...

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
What's stopping clubs from paying players cash directly by depositing it into their bank accounts? Isn't it a breach if privacy (not to mention illegal) if the NRL wants to look into their bank accounts? That's what I'm wondering...
Because it leaves a trail my friend. You are trying to make the money look non existent when running scams, e.g. paying off people on the down low. You want there to be no knowledge of the money at all.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Because it leaves a trail my friend. You are trying to make the money look non existent when running scams, e.g. paying off people on the down low. You want there to be no knowledge of the money at all.
I'm thinking I need to get a Swiss Bank account now.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
@Wahesh

You have to do this, when fiddling the books.

monkey-around.jpg