John Bateman

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am pumped for this signing but I won't get too excited until its offically announced by the dogs themselves.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Just heard our management has offered Bateman a 3 year deal worth $580k+$1 per season. He has also been told that he is not a guaranteed starter and is behind Stimson and Britt to try and keep him on his feet.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would be a good replacement for CHN. CHN + Tolman’s salary should be enough to entice him. We need a hooker and centre ASAP.

I would look at extending Foran’s contract if he can stay fit for the rest of season.

Thegoldtoothrat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah but they will let Guerra go and perhaps Moga and a couple few slackers and maybe they could scrape in.
Moga is a good centre we should buy him he scored 9 tries in the broncos season and set up a few too. Injury free with some matches under his belt he will perform

Thegoldtoothrat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think it's just the media linking us to every player as always more than anything of substance yet.

I'd love for it to happen but many clubs will be chasing Bateman. Cap space or not, we all know certain clubs can always find a way..

And he is worth the money. His impact helped Canberra to the GF in his first season. He's already one of the best attacking forwards in the game and is a great defender too. He'd be a huge addition for any club.
We need to pay overs for a few players to get them here then others will snoball. Hes an international player who can score tries. He scored a try of a chip and chase and they say his work ethic at training is 100% everytime. Thats what wins you premireships. James graham was bought for the same reason. Throw some coin at him.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don't think dragons are a chance, can see us losing out to Newcastle if anyone... We need to hope Watson and Ponga stay at Newcastle if we want Bateman
Or we could let them take Bateman and we sign Watson and Ponga. Think we’d come out on top.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just heard our management has offered Bateman a 3 year deal worth $580k+$1 per season. He has also been told that he is not a guaranteed starter and is behind Stimson and Britt to try and keep him on his feet.
Heard your mate Reynolds is coming back next year and the club will pay most of the salary.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks Bateman would be ineffective with the current squad we have. I dont know why we are focusing on forwards when our spine and centres the main issue.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks Bateman would be ineffective with the current squad we have. I dont know why we are focusing on forwards when our spine and centres the main issue.
Agree if we can't get a decent spine or grow one what is the point of spending more money on forwards.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes your the only one that thinks that.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Left edge of foran/Averillo Bateman Smith addo carr. Yes please. Speed to burn.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty clear he is going to leave given in his words the Raiders are tight in 21 and have nothing for him in 22. Whilst a quality hooker is our most pressing issue, would be happy to get Bateman, would make us a much better team

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hooker, fullback and outside backs are massive needs for sure but at the same time, despite having a tonne of forwards we have no one that has the skill and game changing ability of Bateman.. Especially after releasing CHN..

He creates so many opportunites every time he has the ball that he'll make ordinary halves look better than they are.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd offer Foran a base of 300k, then 10k per game played, 5k win bonus, if you can actually do that.
Presuming we go back to 24 games per year, if he plays 20 and we win 15 he'll make 575k. He gets injured again it doesn't hurt our cap too much.
For the millionth time, that's not how the Cap works, the NRL assumes the maximum possible contract value. Whether the player actually gets paid that is irrelevant.

Go Dogs

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant wait til we get John Bateman at over inflated price to the dogs so the board and Pay apologists can say I told you so....even though the spine is not being addressed...

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I cant wait til we get John Bateman at over inflated price to the dogs so the board and Pay apologists can say I told you so....even though the spine is not being addressed...
Especially that frequently banned one with the "egg face" avatar

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Especially that frequently banned one with the "egg face" avatar
I’ll send tissues to you and the mafia wannabe to wipe the egg off your faces. It would be horrible having nothing to cry about every post

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’ll send tissues to you and the mafia wannabe to wipe the egg off your faces. It would be horrible having nothing to cry about every post
Cool, look forward to it nutboy

Try not to get banned again champ