Josh Addo-Carr to the Dogs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think that you think you know better then everyone, so I'm gonna take that with a grain of salt. There are so many variables, so many considerations, expectations, financial obligations and obstacles, yet you, as a fan, think you know how the club should be run. But your really just another opinionated fan.
I don't know how it should be run, but I know it should be run better. If I wanted to support a shit club I'd support the Titans.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Jac would be the best signing we’ve made in years, so much nfi people on here
Like what the actual fuck do you want
A good player in a position we ACTUALLY need, that's what I want.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think we also need speed and proven try scorer
We need a lot, but another overpaid winger should not be anywhere on the list. Not interested in how fast he is or how many tries he scored, only interested in recruiting the right players in the right roles in areas we're lacking

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone actually think JAC will be as successful here as the storm.

Ffs take a look at the storm system, their forwards who dominate the ruck. Their halves who create space for the outside men.

Then... look at the dogs. JAC wont be given a chance to shine because our key postions are junk.

JAC will become a memory of a great player if he signs with us

silva

Utility
Reaction score

Ffs take a look at the storm system, their forwards who dominate the ruck. Their halves who create space for the outside men.

Then... look at the dogs. JAC wont be given a chance to shine because our key postions are junk.

He gets a lot of opportunities at the storm but he was doing the same shit at the tigers

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We need a lot, but another overpaid winger should not be anywhere on the list. Not interested in how fast he is or how many tries he scored, only interested in recruiting the right players in the right roles in areas we're lacking
Have to agree with this. Would be a good signing, but the right one? We seem to need a centre desperately. A hooker. A ball playing backrower. At a minimum these three have to come first. Possibly even a half or 5/8 also.

If Remis was on fire in that centre role I could understand it. Maybe he will explode and take the comp by storm. Who knows? Atm though it seems as though a top centre is more a priority than a winger. It's a hard one though

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think to sign big names you need to have big names. Would others want to play alongside him? I don’t know.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No good if we ain’t got any decent half’s to feed the ball to the backs can buy the Australian test fullback wings and Center big as long as we have tolman butting in on the 4th to meet his game Kpi and JMK pass one of the ruck there useless...we had Morris twins and they never got decent ball under utilised

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

All those half breaks we make that don't turn into tries due to no support, that will be his true value in a team like ours

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He’s an origin winger. Simple as that. Don’t break the bank, but yes a marked improvement on what we have. Wingers are more crucial in today’s game. Especially with the six again rule, get josh in there hitting it up the middle for quick meters. A yes from me, but won’t hold my breath

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think that's a fair point. Hard to say he's lit it up at centre but you're right. Only two games in with so many disruptions. Does deserve a longer run there I guess.

Imagine if he had a stronger winger on the outside ie. Addo Carr, then he'd perform better too? Also with Foran back and a good half & 5/8 combination.
I don't think JAC would be a bad buy, I just think that we would be much better spending that money elsewhere. Bateman would be a much, much better buy IMO.
As for Reimis at centre, time will tell I guess.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think JAC would be a bad buy, I just think that we would be much better spending that money elsewhere. Bateman would be a much, much better buy IMO.
No he wouldn’t be a bad buy at all..!!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gotta agree with this. Maybe the club sees other options within the roster if Reimis doesn't work out? People talking about Harper for example?

But the same could be said for the wing though?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The way I see it the first priority is we sign players that we can steal from other clubs and/or are available if they are demonstrably better that what we have in the 30 right now. Players contracts are very seldom longer than 3 years, often 2 years with options, it's the extraordinary players that can command 4 or more years. It can take 1 to 3 years to develop a promising player into regular week in week out NRL level. I don't see the logic in holding off recruiting a world class winger just because we need, say, a hooker particularly when there are no decent hookers available. We have a decent budget left for this year and we have a great budget for next year. Looking at who is available for this year and next year and recruiting them if they are absolutely better than the players we have currently. Passing on a quality player who is available to leave space for someone who isn't even identified let alone available just doesn't seem logical to me. If we have to let one or more players go to fit in the, say, quality hooker when he does become available then so be it. Or retire them early and entice them with after playing roles like other clubs do.

Go Dogs

Last edited:

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The way I see it the first priority is we sign players that we can steal from other clubs and/or are available if they are demonstrably better that what we have in the 30 right now. Players contracts are very seldom longer than 3 years, often 2 years with options, it's the extraordinary players that can command 4 or more years. It can take 1 to 3 years to develop a promising player into regular week in week out NRL level. I don't see the logic in holding off recruiting a world class winger just because we need, say, a hooker particularly when there are no decent hookers available. We have a decent budget left for this year and we have a great budget for next year. Looking at who is available for this year and next year and recruiting them if they are absolutely better than the players we have currently. Passing on a quality player who is available to leave space for someone who isn't even identified let alone available just doesn't seem logical to me. If we have to let one or more players go to fit in the, say, quality hooker when he does become available then so be it. Or retire them early and entice them with after playing roles like other clubs do.

Cheers
Gary
Agree 100%. Yes we would all love a classy hooker, half and centre but if they aren't available, you don't hold off on strengthening other positions when quality players become available. Would Ado Carr and Bateman walk into our top 13?....absolutely....would they improve our team?...absolutely. If we were to get them this is where the club needs to be realistic with the salary cap. To acquire those 2 players it might mean we have to let go of say 2 forwards off contract eg. Ogden and Elliot (as an example) and promote maybe Topine or another promising youngster to the Top 30. Same with the wingers....maybe we have to let go of Meaney and Chrichton. To get 2 quality internationals like Ado Carr and Bateman into our team, yes we would have to release players but so be it. To be a genuine contender you need top class internationals in your team. That's when having strong junior development comes into play in having a production line of talented youngsters ready to promote to the top 30 on the cheap intially to accomodate a couple of internationals. And yes I do believe a hooker, half and centre are essential and I'v said before my 2 targets would be Jackson Hastings and Conner Watson. I think Watson showed enough in the couple of games he played at hooker last year with the Knights , that he would be worth a punt. Acceleration and speed out of dummy half in the Damian Cook mould. Hastings looks like he has matured as a player in Super League and would fit nicely with us