Ryan Grey

Thegoldtoothrat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just did some research and the bulldogs have 2018 australian schoolboys hooker in our ranks. He was awarded man of the match in a game against england. So were all screaming for a hooker and we already have one of the best on the way. We just need someone to do a job for a year or two.We also had tommy talau in our system another australian schoolboy who plays centre what we need and we let the tigers poach him? Also mathew doorey is an australian schoolboy. So we do have some junoirs unlike i thought in a recent post

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We definitely have better talent coming through the grades than we have in a long time which is encouraging..

The problem is only a small percentage of junior rep players end up being FG regulars and I have doubts whether we have good enough coaching at our club across the board to get the best out of these talented youngsters.

Thegoldtoothrat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We definitely have better talent coming through the grades than we have in a long time.

The problem is only a small percentage of these guys end up being FG regulars and I have doubts whether we have good enough coaching at our club across the board to get the best out of these talented youngsters.
Thats were your experienced hooker takes the younger guy under hes wing. Get ennis on our coaching staff he won a gf with cronulla, helped the raiders to a gf appearance and hes looking for work. Ennis does know hes footy

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thats were your experienced hooker takes the younger guy under hes wing. Get ennis on our coaching staff he won a gf with cronulla, helped the raiders to a gf appearance and hes looking for work. Ennis does know hes footy
Do more research mate. Ryan gray cant even get a full game in cup yet he’s too raw. Talau that’s out of control it’s a bit political the reason why he left

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
For sure the club needs to start hiring better assistants and Ennis is a good assistant but he seems happy at Canberra and with how often he criticises the club publicly, I can't see them trying to hire him.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We definitely have better talent coming through the grades than we have in a long time which is encouraging..

The problem is only a small percentage of junior rep players end up being FG regulars and I have doubts whether we have good enough coaching at our club across the board to get the best out of these talented youngsters.
The club has been doing a fantastic job with our juniors and have set programs in place
I really believe it’s an integral part of any successful organisation
But to be honest my interest is in results and who the recruitment team bring for season 2021

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He struggled in Flegg with the physicality and missed the vast majority of last season with injury. He’s got a tonne of potential and I was hoping he would be the hooker we have been searching for but there’s no way we can bank on it. He’s got a lot of catching up to do.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just did some research and the bulldogs have 2018 australian schoolboys hooker in our ranks. He was awarded man of the match in a game against england. So were all screaming for a hooker and we already have one of the best on the way. We just need someone to do a job for a year or two.We also had tommy talau in our system another australian schoolboy who plays centre what we need and we let the tigers poach him? Also mathew doorey is an australian schoolboy. So we do have some junoirs unlike i thought in a recent post
Saw your other post and was about to comment on that. Yeah we have some of them. Peni teaupa and roumanos also aust schoolboys. Not sure if cooper talau still with us, with his dad and bro with other teams, but thats another aust schoolboy and played some games as hooker in u20.

Thegoldtoothrat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He struggled in Flegg with the physicality and missed the vast majority of last season with injury. He’s got a tonne of potential and I was hoping he would be the hooker we have been searching for but there’s no way we can bank on it. He’s got a lot of catching up to do.
Oh ok i just did some reading havent seen him play or even his size. Brailey at cronulla got thrown in the deep end and survived. Most good players rise to the occassion and having other quality nrl players around you helps. Maybe buy an experienced hooker and start giving him 10 mins at the end of a half. But i understand he has to get used to playing reserve grade to harden up.

Thegoldtoothrat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
For sure the club needs to start hiring better assistants and Ennis is a good assistant but he seems happy at Canberra and with how often he criticises the club publicly, I can't see them trying to hire him.
I dont think hes still at the raiders? Is he? He did say he loves the club and spent 6 good years there. He might not of been happy being let go the way des did.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh ok i just did some reading havent seen him play or even his size. Brailey at cronulla got thrown in the deep end and survived. Most good players rise to the occassion and having other quality nrl players around you helps. Maybe buy an experienced hooker and start giving him 10 mins at the end of a half. But i understand he has to get used to playing reserve grade to harden up.
He looked like he was going to get game time in reggies this year and I was very interested to see how he went. He played the last 20 mins in their only game so unfortunately we won’t know now. The kid has now missed two years of footy and it will be difficult to catch up.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

The other problem is,coaching,I haven't seen a lot of improvement,in many of our,current youngsters,wakeham probable exception,as a team we haven't improved,and individualy,Dean pay is not a first grade coach.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Saw your other post and was about to comment on that. Yeah we have some of them. Peni teaupa and roumanos also aust schoolboys. Not sure if cooper talau still with us, with his dad and bro with other teams, but thats another aust schoolboy and played some games as hooker in u20.
Cooper Talau is a middle forward - played from the bench in the only Flegg game this year - Lachie Talau the hooker is now with the Tigers.
Roumanos was ordinary in NSW cup last year.
Ryan Gray struggled in Flegg last year then got injured - definitely good with the ball but slight frame.
Doorey was a backrower but based on his mobility i think he will end a middle forward - apparently is training with the fg squad atm.

The NRL really needs to look at getting a second tier comp started asap - players will be lost to the game. 16, 18s and 20s need to be playing as well asap in some format.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do more research mate. Ryan gray cant even get a full game in cup yet he’s too raw. Talau that’s out of control it’s a bit political the reason why he left
Saw Tommy Talau recently - he has built up a great deal - still dont see him as a centre though - more a running five eight or backrower.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the massive wraps he had when he signed he's been really disappointing.
Missing the rest of the season won’t help either. Hopefully they find a way to salvage the season for the lower and junior grades

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cooper Talau is a middle forward - played from the bench in the only Flegg game this year - Lachie Talau the hooker is now with the Tigers.
Roumanos was ordinary in NSW cup last year.
Ryan Gray struggled in Flegg last year then got injured - definitely good with the ball but slight frame.
Doorey was a backrower but based on his mobility i think he will end a middle forward - apparently is training with the fg squad atm.

The NRL really needs to look at getting a second tier comp started asap - players will be lost to the game. 16, 18s and 20s need to be playing as well asap in some format.
Thanks diddly. Can always count on you with junior info.
Got the talau boys mixed up.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We definitely do have some good young players coming through the ranks, and we really need them moving forward. Sadly the current shutdown of junior league's situation will be a real hindrance to their development.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Its good if he kicks on. Hope he does and doesn't end up at another club like Cook. I also hope he doesn't end up like Lichaa who was also a rep at junior level.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In part I agree that Ennis does know his footy, and in all honesty I loved his passion playing for us, but his ridiculous Reynolds comments have shown him in a different light. He can’t be that smart if that was an honest non agenda driven opinion.