News Is Pay having a fluffy?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here : like myself , pay is pissing himself with what he said ..... just to get a few people talking trash. Don’t forget I am a time traveller and I said big things was coming this year.
And of course you told all of us about a virus that would stop the competition for 2 months, didn’t you o time traveller. Amazingly accurate intel that you have...

Malla

Reaction score
I think skill, talent and depth will be bigger factors than fatigue but yeah

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Easy solution trade Lewis for someone and sign Cogger on the cheap... WAKEHAM IS THE 7, Foran plays at 6 until he's injured again... Don't keep him and we have 2021 off season to sort out who dons the 6... It's not that hard

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pay doesn't seem to mind rushing Foran straight back into the team and running him into the ground until he's injured again...

So the plan is to rest our young and fit players so they don't get overworked or injured and to overwork our injury prone, older half until he gets injured again? Makes sense to me!

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Starting to totally loose faith in Pay.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ll take Pay’s comments with a grain of salt.
It won’t be long before he has to name a team and we will see what our boys produce week in week out.
There be no excuses for anyone,results need to be in our favour
The board can really make a fair assessment from this point onwards regarding both coach & players
I just don’t want to have the wrong people rewarded with extended contracts at seasons end.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best halves at the club atm is Foran and Cogger NO DOUBT. I have seen these two at training and they are the most natural. If pay is picking the best team it should be these two in the halves. But he won’t, it will be Wakeham and Foran which isn’t so bad because Wakeham is most likely our future. I just don’t see why Cogger shouldn’t be utilised.

Averillo has been training on the wing I have heard so it should be interesting to see what happens with this.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I dunno, I am ok with him doing this because we are not a contender so we might as well let everyone have a chance to shine. It will help us figure out who we wanna keep.
Agreed, we are not a contender so it cant hurt to test which players are keepers, however, Pay’s chopping and changing player rosters has been prevalent since he started his tenure which has caused a lack of cohesion amongst the team. I’m a supporter of giving the man a chance to prove himself as our first grade coach but if this type of selection policy remains once he nabs a few marquee signings I fear his days as head coach will be numbered!

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ridiculous! Forget about resting! They’ve played two games since September! Nearly eight months off and paid how many hundred thousand a year!? C’mon Dean! Pick the best 17 every week. That’s the formula! Resting players should be the last thing on the coach’s mind!

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So Pay is that worried about fatigue being a factor he will rest players yet he is happy to run with a squad of 27 players....
You’re smarter than this mate. Please don’t be dragged down by the clueless whingers. You’re one of the only good ones we have left

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You’re smarter than this mate. Please don’t be dragged down by the clueless whingers. You’re one of the only good ones we have left
I just call it as I see it. If Pay thinks fatigue is such a big issue fill the squad with lower graders. Do you really think there would be any other coach in the NRL that would want to rotate something as important as his halves?

It’s part of a young halves development to go through a full year and fatigue. So whoever is the long term option just get them used to it this year rather then passing the buck till next season.

You modify training levels to battle fatigue rather then miss football which is what every other club does. This doesn’t reflect well on Pay at all.

Last edited:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Any excuse for Pay to get Lewis in the line up. That comment is a bit tongue in cheek but it’s a ridiculous thing if Pay is going to rotate the halves. Our attack is already disjointed and clunky and swapping halves around every few games will just make it worse.

Even with 18 games straight we only have one 5 day turn around and that’s right at the end of the season. If Pay goes through with it he shouldn’t be re-signed. We have wasted enough seasons lately and Pay wants to waste another.
I would hope that if we find a combination that clicks, and we start winning back to back games; he might leave it alone while players are fit and keen.. . .

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would hope that if we find a combination that clicks, and we start winning back to back games; he might leave it alone while players are fit and keen.. . .
If a young half has a good run of games I highly doubt he’s going to ‘rest’ them. He can’t be that stupid I hope.
To me it sounds like it’s a way out if someone is underperforming to give them a rest because of fatigue. Just another excuse for losers