Opinion War chest 2.0

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If that is correct about Hass then there is no way Bateman is worth $800k
Haas is worth more than 600k... Broncos gave him a massive contract (money and length) before he basically played one NRL game... he'll be getting an upgrade soon too...

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brisbane lured the then 16-year old boom forward away from the Gold Coast Titans in 2016 and in 2018, after just three NRL games, signed him on a rich six-year deal worth $3 million.

6 years $3 mil .. $500k a season for the hottest front row Forward in the game. That’s how it’s done.

Last edited:

Thegoldtoothrat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Haas is worth more than 600k... Broncos gave him a massive contract (money and length) before he basically played one NRL game... he'll be getting an upgrade soon too...
Wayne Bennetts theory never pay big money on front rowers. Spend the cash on your spine. Like melbourne keep smith slater cronk and the proctors, blairs will keep coming

Thegoldtoothrat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Jackson is definitely not the player he was several years ago,
I suppose that is understandable with age,he always gives 100% which I really admire
His recent contract for 3 years was a bit long in my opinion
Put Jacko to lock simple tackles all day hits it up like a paul gallen style of player. You could even give him a spell as he gets on.

Thegoldtoothrat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
My problem with next year is that I really don't know what positions we will need to fill. Other than hooker, I think the forwards are pretty settled., maybe one more to fill in for CHN (or CHN himself). I'd really like to recruit a strike centre, but do we want to spend money on that position if we really need a 1/2 and a 5/8? Maybe the big bucks would be better spent there if the current developing players don't develop further enough in the 20 games this season. Similar question with fullback, if a gun becomes available do we spend the money there? Far too many unknowns for me to make a call right now, maybe in 10 games or so.

Go Dogs
Buy a fullback its nearly the most influential position on the field these days. But who? Jack bird? If he gets fit again.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wayne Bennetts theory never pay big money on front rowers. Spend the cash on your spine. Like melbourne keep smith slater cronk and the proctors, blairs will keep coming
Except now Wayne has spent about a trillion dollars on his backline lol

Thegoldtoothrat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Theres no way the storm will lose b smith. When cameron goes hes there hooker. Maybe go for grant if he performs for tigers. What about juniors?? I think drinkwater would be a good fullback too. Until storm used papenhausen he was there man he was slaters replacement he also got injured. He was the best fullback in the qcup hands down and has speed to burn which we need. Hes stuck with holmes in front of him at cowboys. Hes young, so is wakeham. Build for the future. Euan aitken or zac lomax for a centre spot. Spend the cash on bateman we need him if hes looking. Billy burns from penrith is a gun too.

Thegoldtoothrat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Except now Wayne has spent about a trillion dollars on his backline lol
And look who his front rower is playing good footy liam night wasnt really getting a start at other clubs. Bennett got the best out of him only on $150000. I know we could do with latrel, johnson, gagai, walker etc.