Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
All 50 states in the US are re-opening even with some of them showing increases in the number of positive virus cases in the past week.

Is it to soon to stop referring to the US as first world country?
there are probably people in Burundi shaking their heads right now and saying “Those poor bastards”.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I don’t have the patience to argue with an idiot, I may risk becoming one myself
I’d say the risk is low. You can’t catch idiocy twice.
there should be an investigation into the origin because if it was done deliberately then my main suspect is the US and trump
I think it was New Zealand, personally.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what we know of this virus, it either has a high kill rate or a high infection rate. If it's a high infection rate then it's a high percentage for herd immunity (around 87%). Based on Sweden's recent studies it looks like it could be a lower infection rate suggesting around 70% for herd immunity, but a much higher kill rate.

Kind of screwed either way. I wish it was a high infection rate though as that would mean that we are close to herd immunity. It's also what Sweden was relying on. Now with it looking like a low infection rate, it means we're going to have masses more deaths before this is over.
I was doing a bit of reading on this the other day. Nothing even close to Herd Immunity is going to happen without a vaccine. Here's a pretty good succinct article about it.

https://www.sciencealert.com/why-herd-immunity-will-not-save-us-from-the-covid-19-pandemic

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I’d say the risk is low. You can’t catch idiocy twice.

I think it was New Zealand, personally.
Question: What do you get when you take someone who thinks they are smart, then add an asshole?
Answer: A piece of shit who thinks they are smart!

and that’s where you chime in mate, right on cue lol

You should change your name from Utility Half to Utility Laugh because that’s all you’re good for, a big joke lol

Vaffancullo...

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Question: What do you get when you take someone who thinks they are smart, then add an asshole?
Answer: A piece of shit who thinks they are smart!

and that’s where you chime in mate, right on cue lol

You should change your name from Utility Half to Utility Laugh because that’s all you’re good for, a big joke lol

Vaffancullo...
Well that’s one more thing than you are good for, because that wasn’t a very good joke.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Brazil now over 20,000 dead and second highest case numbers poor fucker are in a world if shit and this is the beginning for them. Spain's death jumped over 600 in 24hrs .this virus is going to be around a while

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Brazil now over 20,000 dead and second highest case numbers poor fucker are in a world if shit and this is the beginning for them. Spain's death jumped over 600 in 24hrs .this virus is going to be around a while
Geeze Southy..I was worried about Brazil..especially their poor..unfortunately my worry was correct..bloody hell..

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What I find really interesting is that I would be expected countries like India, China and Brazil to have massive numbers due to overcrowding and those overcrowded places having very little sanitisation standards.

China you just can't trust the numbers but India have seemed to contain it well for their part.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Geeze Southy..I was worried about Brazil..especially their poor..unfortunately my worry was correct..bloody hell..
I been watching them closely since about 200 deaths they won't even peak for another month at least it's going to be bad real bad for them

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What I find really interesting is that I would be expected countries like India, China and Brazil to have massive numbers due to overcrowding and those overcrowded places having very little sanitisation standards.

China you just can't trust the numbers but India have seemed to contain it well for their part.
Yeah it's weird Vietnam apparently free of the virus , India going a lot better than expected but is that because it's a bit delayed.
The only real pattern I see if you don't keep your distance and not stay away from people the virus will smash you.
I'm more than happy to ride the next 90 to 100 days out without hitting crowded areas

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Hard to really say with India too. A few weeks ago they asked Indian officials about the low numbers and they said, "we just can't afford to test everyone". They went on to say that they had no idea about the death toll because many who die are not tested so not recorded.

Worldonumbers are reporting nearly 125,000 cases but India Times is reporting over 1 million.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hard to really say with India too. A few weeks ago they asked Indian officials about the low numbers and they said, "we just can't afford to test everyone". They went on to say that they had no idea about the death toll because many who die are not tested so not recorded.

Worldonumbers are reporting nearly 125,000 cases but India Times is reporting over 1 million.
‘and this is why until vaccine is found , NZ is only country we should have open borders

on another note approx 9k tested no cases in NSW except 3 in quarantine hotels . Stop the planes.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Given the case numbers in Brazil, appears ~50% (332,382/735,224) of those tested are positive, this is EXTREMELY high and very concerning as they have only tested 3,462/1,000,000 ... as @south of heaven touched on, Brazil is far from at the peak, the torrent of fatalities is lagging the case numbers and will surge soon.
No idea how Russia's fatality rate is so disparate compared to other countries.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Met a real Karen today while I was getting some groceries. She was standing in the isle talking to who I assume was a friend having a whinge about the fact that quote "They open the pubs for the pissheads to go drinking but they won't open any beauty parlours, like getting pissed is a necessity. I need to get my hair, eyebrows and nails done"

I couldn't help it but pipe up and correct her, from my safe distance that "the pubs are only open in the restaurant area, you have to be seated, no standing around or mingling as social distancing is still required. You can have a beverage or 2 while eatting then you have to move on, so no, no one is getting "pissed" and the pubs are not functioning 100%. Food is a necessity and as well as kick starting the economy back up again compared to getting your hair and nails done"

Normally I wouldn't have said shit but her tone and attitude when she said what she said just irked me. Plus, just being melodramatic about not being able to go to the beauty parlour, when there are worse things to whinge or worry about at this time.

Anyway, she just gave me the typical Karen look as I proceeded to continue on my merry way to finish my shopping and get home. No need to spend anymore time then necessary in the supermarket.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Met a real Karen today while I was getting some groceries. She was standing in the isle talking to who I assume was a friend having a whinge about the fact that quote "They open the pubs for the pissheads to go drinking but they won't open any beauty parlours, like getting pissed is a necessity. I need to get my hair, eyebrows and nails done"

I couldn't help it but pipe up and correct her, from my safe distance that "the pubs are only open in the restaurant area, you have to be seated, no standing around or mingling as social distancing is still required. You can have a beverage or 2 while eatting then you have to move on, so no, no one is getting "pissed" and the pubs are not functioning 100%. Food is a necessity and as well as kick starting the economy back up again compared to getting your hair and nails done"

Normally I wouldn't have said shit but her tone and attitude when she said what she said just irked me. Plus, just being melodramatic about not being able to go to the beauty parlour, when there are worse things to whinge or worry about at this time.

Anyway, she just gave me the typical Karen look as I proceeded to continue on my merry way to finish my shopping and get home. No need to spend anymore time then necessary in the supermarket.
Fkn Karens....

Did she have a karen hairstyle?

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Besides that group in Melbourne, at least we are not like America and making ourselves look like fools by protesting the lockdowns. She would so fit in with the fools.

Status
Not open for further replies.