Opinion War chest 2.0

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I disagree. I said $800k+ is Fifita money and thats what the Broncs hope/expect to sign him with. We would need to pay more and somehow convince him that we on on track to become a powerhouse premiership winning club again.

I dont rate Bateman as highly as some of you on here as far as % of cap he is worth to us and what we need. He is 26 and I think Josh Jackson was every bit as good a player at 26 and had certainly accomplished more (S.O.O and for Australia) than Bateman has at same age. He is good but not Jason T good and definitely not as good a prospect as Fafita.

If we go for something worthwhile lets throw everything at it.
Bateman is miles better than Jackson lol.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no world where we get Fifita for 800k. He stays at the Broncos for that. We'd be looking in the millions for Fifita. 800k for Bateman is great value for us.
There is no way of getting a top class player for under 800 K approximately
Would they fork out 1 million.
I wonder if our management will consider spending that sought of money on at least 2 players for 2021
I’m sure Thompson is on decent coin.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
In saying that, imagine Jacko playing in a Raiders, Storm, Broncos or even a Panthers team. Say what you will it can’t be easy playing with a squad of nobodies.
I honestly don’t think Jackson would do much different in those sides. He has declined significantly over the last few seasons. He’s never going to play football at a rep level again.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bateman is miles better than Jackson lol.
Rubbish, Jaskson is 29 and carried our pack for way too long when he should have been on an edge instead of getting beat up week in week out. Check the stats and achievements, Jacko at 26 far more accomplished.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I honestly don’t think Jackson would do much different in those sides. He has declined significantly over the last few seasons. He’s never going to play football at a rep level again.
Sure, because he had weak pricks to carry for far too long.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sure, because he had weak pricks to carry for far too long.
He has had his fair share of inconsistent football over the last few years. If he was carrying the team he would have been a stand out most weeks and for mine he hasn’t been.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
In saying that, imagine Jacko playing in a Raiders, Storm, Broncos or even a Panthers team. Say what you will it can’t be easy playing with a squad of nobodies.
Meh, would be better but not all that much. Never really had the offensive output or consistent hole running of a top edge forward. Jackson imo is pretty overrated by Dogs fans.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jackson is definitely not the player he was several years ago,
I suppose that is understandable with age,he always gives 100% which I really admire
His recent contract for 3 years was a bit long in my opinion

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Rubbish, Jaskson is 29 and carried our pack for way too long when he should have been on an edge instead of getting beat up week in week out. Check the stats and achievements, Jacko at 26 far more accomplished.
Lol. Bateman is miles better, pretty clear cut. Bateman offers the reliability and workrate of Jackson but outclasses him offensively by a long way. Hole running, ability to beat defenders, offloading, etc.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol. Bateman is miles better, pretty clear cut. Bateman offers the reliability and workrate of Jackson but outclasses him offensively by a long way. Hole running, ability to beat defenders, offloading, etc.
In your opinion. But at the same age Jacko had accomplished far more, SOO, Australia, GF appearances etc. They are facts and you have personal opinion which is fine, but doesn't give you the right to laugh off the facts. Not everything is better now just because you say so like a Pepsi add for millennial's.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
In your opinion. But at the same age Jacko had accomplished far more, SOO, Australia, GF appearances etc. They are facts and you have personal opinion which is fine, but doesn't give you the right to laugh off the facts. Not everything is better now just because you say so like a Pepsi add for millennial's.
Because your use of "facts" are ridiculous. Bateman is English, why are you trying to use SOO to try and get one over him? If anything Bateman has played MORE Internationals than Jackson has rep games combined. Bateman has also played in and won multiple Grand Finals. Is this how we use facts???

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He has had his fair share of inconsistent football over the last few years. If he was carrying the team he would have been a stand out most weeks and for mine he hasn’t been.
I agree, but I think the load he carried for a couple of years under Desball really hurt him physically and he has drifted in recent years. But in 2016 @26 he won the Brad Fittler Medal and won plenty man of the match awards and had already been in 2 GFS and played for Country and Australia. He lived with week in week out occasional stars like Kas and Pritchard who could go missing in action and flakes like Sherex.

And, as much as Klem has his fans as a metre eater etc I dont think he has ever been a genuine intimidater or a punisher in defence or attack. Just kept his legs moving and didn't come off the back fence.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Because your use of "facts" are ridiculous. Bateman is English, why are you trying to use SOO to try and get one over him? If anything Bateman has played MORE Internationals than Jackson has rep games combined. Bateman has also played in and won multiple Grand Finals. Is this how we use facts???
No its not, oh sorry it must be because Sancho says so...Yes he has played more for England, and GFS in "Super" league.., as you would say LOL.

You comment in reply to Superman was "Dog Fans" over rate Jackson?? You not a Dogs fan? You have a hard on for Bateman, thats good for you. But that doesn't give you the right to laugh off one of your own that has already accomplished far more than "this too and from" you have a chubby for.

But, good for you.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No its not, oh sorry it must be because Sancho says so...Yes he has played more for England, as you would say LOL.
Exactly you have nothing.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Bateman would be amazing and 800k is good value I reckon. Lodge is on that kind of $. Napa is meant to be 600k. I’d say tolman and Chn would of been 1.2+ between them. Let’s not forget des rated tolman the best prop in the comp. I’d go hard for Bateman. Maybe Thompson temps him

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bateman would be amazing and 800k is good value I reckon. Lodge is on that kind of $. Napa is meant to be 600k. I’d say tolman and Chn would of been 1.2+ between them. Let’s not forget des rated tolman the best prop in the comp. I’d go hard for Bateman. Maybe Thompson temps him
Lodge isn’t on that, he re-signed for $700k and Hass re-signed for $500k.

Last edited: