What is your favourite (CURRENT) TV Show

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
@Wahesh I know you are a fan of the show Glow. I just seen that the director Lynn Shelton has unexpected passed away at 54 years of age.

Also on the death news, movie and tv actor Fred Willard has passed away at age 86.
Oh no, that's a double blow on both counts :(

Glow season 4 is due to start soon (well at least before Covid-19) - this might throw the whole thing up in the air.

As for Freddy, that's so sad. I know on Modern Family recently, his character was killed off (which makes his death even sadder) - however Modern Family's final episode aired in April, so at least there's some closure with that. He was truly a great actor :(

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hahaha Ruby Rose has quit Batwoman after 1 season. What a train wreck of a show. Now they are going to replace her for season 2. Just let the show die, it a dumpster fire. When will Hollywood realise that going woke for your shows and movies that no one really wants it, thus not getting the ratings!!

1.8 million viewers for the first episode. By the 1st season finale it had declined by 3/4 of viewers. As if that isn't grounds for cancelling.

Smartseal

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Takes me back to my drive around Oz and the town of Kununurra.

This is a great series, and the initial movies.
Pedersen is underrated (imo), he really excels in these gritty Aus dramas. He had a similar role in "The Circuit" (court prosecutor), was good value in the Jack Irish series & another which escapes my memory atm.
One thing for sure, the makers do a a really good job portraying life in the out back communities.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hahaha Ruby Rose has quit Batwoman after 1 season. What a train wreck of a show. Now they are going to replace her for season 2. Just let the show die, it a dumpster fire. When will Hollywood realise that going woke for your shows and movies that no one really wants it, thus not getting the ratings!!

1.8 million viewers for the first episode. By the 1st season finale it had declined by 3/4 of viewers. As if that isn't grounds for cancelling.
I think it was only really woke for the first episode. I mean, that character was always lesbian but that first episode was full of cringy "I'm a woman so I'm better than men" junk. After that it settled down on the wokeness. But it never got good. I keep watching it for some unknown reason and it's pretty crap. Terrible writing, terrible acting, just terrible over all. The only good thing about the show is Alice 'cause she's a complete sociopath. Unfortunately the show will keep going.

I mean, look at Supergirl. That's even worse than Batwoman and it just keeps going.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think it was only really woke for the first episode. I mean, that character was always lesbian but that first episode was full of cringy "I'm a woman so I'm better than men" junk. After that it settled down on the wokeness. But it never got good. I keep watching it for some unknown reason and it's pretty crap. Terrible writing, terrible acting, just terrible over all. The only good thing about the show is Alice 'cause she's a complete sociopath. Unfortunately the show will keep going.

I mean, look at Supergirl. That's even worse than Batwoman and it just keeps going.
No probs with Batwoman being a carpet muncher, pretty sure she was in the comics if I remember correctly. The show looked bad before it started. Yes I am surprised Supergirl is going still, but I think it's only just so I wouldn't be surprised to see it get canned soon. I have no doubt when the She-Hulk show starts it will also be trash.

Pretty much, why I am happy to see Batwoman fail is because of the agenda driving dribble it used to promote it self and it's cringe man hating. The bat suit line is one of the most man bashing cringe lines I've seen. The fact that everything else to do with the show is trash just goes to show why it rated so poorly.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a great series, and the initial movies.
Pedersen is underrated (imo), he really excels in these gritty Aus dramas. He had a similar role in "The Circuit" (court prosecutor), was good value in the Jack Irish series & another which escapes my memory atm.
One thing for sure, the makers do a a really good job portraying life in the out back communities.
Good reply, never seen any of his acting in TV but the movie and series, top notch cinematography and acting by all..

Hope they can go on for a few more seasons, great double with Wolf Creek tv series.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Apparently the reason Ruby Rose quit Batwoman was due to the long work hours to crunch in so many episodes.

It really shows a different mentality. Stephen Amell put it the same sort of hours playing the Arrow, but he took it further. Apparently when not recording he was just constantly training for the role. During comicon and a few other conventions he challenged people to archery contests and he thrashed all of them 'cause he got really ridiculously good at archery. Meanwhile Rose says that the work hours are too much for her.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Apparently the reason Ruby Rose quit Batwoman was due to the long work hours to crunch in so many episodes.

It really shows a different mentality. Stephen Amell put it the same sort of hours playing the Arrow, but he took it further. Apparently when not recording he was just constantly training for the role. During comicon and a few other conventions he challenged people to archery contests and he thrashed all of them 'cause he got really ridiculously good at archery. Meanwhile Rose says that the work hours are too much for her.
He even went on Ninja Warrior. Did you ever finish watching Arrow? I couldn't do it but I wasn't that far off. Just skipped to the last episode and was alike "ah okay" :tearsofjoy:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He even went on Ninja Warrior. Did you ever finish watching Arrow? I couldn't do it but I wasn't that far off. Just skipped to the last episode and was alike "ah okay" :tearsofjoy:
Yeah, struggled through it. It was a good show but it just went for too long. Hoping they axe The Flash soon too. That show is going nowhere.

Just watched the first episode of the new one the other day (Stargirl). It's not great. More tolerable than Supergirl and Batwoman though as it doesn't take itself too seriously. Kind of halfway between Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow in the seriousness.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Run out of stuff to watch on Netflix, giving Stan a go again. Watching Justified.

Yellowstone is a good watch also, though the Last Ship was good but no more seasons for that has been canned.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah, struggled through it. It was a good show but it just went for too long. Hoping they axe The Flash soon too. That show is going nowhere.

Just watched the first episode of the new one the other day (Stargirl). It's not great. More tolerable than Supergirl and Batwoman though as it doesn't take itself too seriously. Kind of halfway between Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow in the seriousness.
Yh these really struggle with the writing once these shows go past a couple of seasons, just shitty self inflicted drama between the cast.

LoT is literally a piss take but is somewhat entertaining. Might watch Stargirl as I saw Luke Wilson was in it and that has made me a little curious about the show :tearsofjoy:

Wahesh

Reaction score
Run out of stuff to watch on Netflix, giving Stan a go again. Watching Justified.

Yellowstone is a good watch also, though the Last Ship was good but no more seasons for that has been canned.
Are you into car restoration shows?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

There's some decent shows on Stan. If you haven't watched them already I would recommend:

- Preacher
- Catch 22
- Black Sails

Wahesh

Reaction score
Not happy about this (Car Masters), so they're currently building a Plymouth XNR replica, however this replica is 100% spot on the original as it's the same blueprints that were used to create the original. Only ONE XNR was ever produced (like the below, and it spent some time in Lebanon... hehehe). Anyway the team at Gotham Garage are working on it and it's estimated to be a $200,000 sale to whoever wants it.

There's a car museum in LA called Peterson and it's one of the hardest museums to get a custom car into. They contacted GG and they want the XNR. How much are they prepared to pay for it? $0. That's right, NOTHING. They expect them to donate the car to them for free. That means the crew will be working on this car for over a month building it up and get nothing in return. All they'll get is their names on display (and the business) in the hope of getting more business to their garage when people find out about them through this XNR. I think it's pretty fucked that the garage gets all these nice cars and doesn't pay a dime for them... absolutely ridiculous.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ray Donovan is apparently good too but it was set to have a final season which has now been cancelled.