Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Gees. How about China accidentally released it from a lab. Panicked, lied about the severity to save face from the rest of the world. Na I like your one better, blame America why not.
I’ll take the lies part definitely..but not sure about the lab theory..more like those filthy wet markets..

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Any investigation into the origin will be pointless as any result that doesn't implicate China deliberately releasing it won't satisfy the Dumpster or his fanboys and any result that does implicate China releasing it deliberately will be ignored by the companies that do business with China.

Nothing will change.
As rodzilla said, trumps just deflecting his own gross incompetence and mishandling of covid19, by attacking China in these recent days.

But an investigation does need to occur. Not so much into the origin into it but rather the wrong steps taken by China in initially handling it and lying about it and learning what could have be done better for the benefit of coming up with a better plan for any such future scenarios.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As rodzilla said, trumps just deflecting his own gross incompetence and mishandling of covid19, by attacking China in these recent days.
Deflection has been Trump's MO since taking office so no big surprise.

But an investigation does need to occur. Not so much into the origin into it but rather the wrong steps taken by China in initially handling it and lying about it and learning what could have be done better for the benefit of coming up with a better plan for any such future scenarios.
Do you honestly believe China will abide by any findings from the investigation, particularly if it finds fault with that country? Of course it won't, it will deflect blame and nothing will change.

I think it's highly hypocritical of the west, and in particular the US, to demand an investigation into something that they did to us when the west has been responsible for numerous incidents causing massive loss of life and wealth to others? We have no moral right, really we don't.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

The information about a major pandemic on this scale has been out for over 10 years .every single country had time to prepare ,I'm pretty sure most people know China is not the most honest or trustworthy country to belive. Trumps has pretty much contradicted every word he has said .instead of accepting any responsibility looks like he will go as far as a war for deflecting. Really not a world leader that should have power with what is going on.
Not sure where that leaves us, we sold our arse to China but still suck Americas dick

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Deflection has been Trump's MO since taking office so no big surprise.

Do you honestly believe China will abide by any findings from the investigation, particularly if it finds fault with that country? Of course it won't, it will deflect blame and nothing will change.

I think it's highly hypocritical of the west, and in particular the US, to demand an investigation into something that they did to us when the west has been responsible for numerous incidents causing massive loss of life and wealth to others? We have no moral right, really we don't.
The information about a major pandemic on this scale has been out for over 10 years .every single country had time to prepare ,I'm pretty sure most people know China is not the most honest or trustworthy country to belive. Trumps has pretty much contradicted every word he has said .instead of accepting any responsibility looks like he will go as far as a war for deflecting. Really not a world leader that should have power with what is going on.
Not sure where that leaves us, we sold our arse to China but still suck Americas dick
Of course I don't believe China will be upfront and forthcoming with information or the truth.

Nowhere did I suggest that, i pointed out that an investigation will merely catch China's lies in the early stages.

However, we shouldn't think we have a pandemic response down pat. Excluding trumps response (because it was purely about ego), we have case studies of different approaches, e.g sweden with no lockdown vs other countries with lockdowns, new zealand with immediate lockdown vs other countries with gradual lockdown, and then of course the economic recoveries of each different type of response.

You can have a pandemic plan/response, but how it plays out in real life raises parts of the plan that were missed/not taken into account and that would/should be the whole point of the investigation.

Mind you as much as for China's lies about the early stages, it seems USA intelligence had warnings of this pandemic as early as November. So it would suggest that the international community already don't believe what comes out of the Chinese governments mouth

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course I don't believe China will be upfront and forthcoming with information or the truth.

Nowhere did I suggest that, i pointed out that an investigation will merely catch China's lies in the early stages.

However, we shouldn't think we have a pandemic response down pat. Excluding trumps response (because it was purely about ego), we have case studies of different approaches, e.g sweden with no lockdown vs other countries with lockdowns, new zealand with immediate lockdown vs other countries with gradual lockdown, and then of course the economic recoveries of each different type of response.

You can have a pandemic plan/response, but how it plays out in real life raises parts of the plan that were missed/not taken into account and that would/should be the whole point of the investigation.

Mind you as much as for China's lies about the early stages, it seems USA intelligence had warnings of this pandemic as early as November. So it would suggest that the international community already don't believe what comes out of the Chinese governments mouth
Valid points, but the investigations you're talking about can be done without any involvement from or with China. It would be prudent for every country to conduct them anyway.

What I'm saying is that any joint investigation will be a farce. Results will be pre-determined, blame assigned and agreements on what to say to us, the worlds population, agreed upon before any investigation begins. All that will be done to ensure business and profits are in no way interrupted...again.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Looks like Sweden aren't as close to herd immunity as they thought

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...dies-by-end-of-april-study-sweden-coronavirus

Just 7.3% of Stockholm had Covid-19 antibodies by end of April, study shows
Official findings add to concerns about Sweden’s laissez-faire strategy towards the pandemic
Not even close yet. Isn’t herd immunity around 80%. Considering it’s been going say 3 months in certain countries. So 1/8 on the way, which means another 21 months. Two more years. Other countries would take ten years to get there with measures in place. A vaccine seems only viable option to me. The thing that bothers me most about whole thing is, our way of life has been taken away. So whoever is responsible needs to be accountable if negligence is found. I find myself dodging people in the street and shopping centres. If someone coughs, everyone has a look and walks a step away. It’s a terrible existence

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not even close yet. Isn’t herd immunity around 80%. Considering it’s been going say 3 months in certain countries. So 1/8 on the way, which means another 21 months. Two more years. Other countries would take ten years to get there with measures in place. A vaccine seems only viable option to me. The thing that bothers me most about whole thing is, our way of life has been taken away. So whoever is responsible needs to be accountable if negligence is found. I find myself dodging people in the street and shopping centres. If someone coughs, everyone has a look and walks a step away. It’s a terrible existence
Really? I like it the rare occasion I do go to the super market finally ***** are not clogging isles and having a chat, getting a coffee is great ,getting food is fantastic people now know how to line-up and be patient ( for the most of it) manners on people have improved because most people want to stay out of people's ways instead of charging through.
But I'm hanging to jump on a plane though.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
From what we know of this virus, it either has a high kill rate or a high infection rate. If it's a high infection rate then it's a high percentage for herd immunity (around 87%). Based on Sweden's recent studies it looks like it could be a lower infection rate suggesting around 70% for herd immunity, but a much higher kill rate.

Kind of screwed either way. I wish it was a high infection rate though as that would mean that we are close to herd immunity. It's also what Sweden was relying on. Now with it looking like a low infection rate, it means we're going to have masses more deaths before this is over.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Really? I like it the rare occasion I do go to the super market finally c*** are not clogging isles and having a chat, getting a coffee is great ,getting food is fantastic people now know how to line-up and be patient ( for the most of it) manners on people have improved because most people want to stay out of people's ways instead of charging through.
But I'm hanging to jump on a plane though.
Yeah I thought that at the beginning. But now I see old people wandering the isles, my young kids walk past and there isn’t that talk there used to be. The older population is struggling I think. My age group, not really fussed. I still haven’t seen my pop for four months now with the grandkids, as he’s immune is low. It’s not right when that’s all they look forward too. Supermarkets I do enjoy the space no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.