Ennis wants the dogs to sign Reynolds again. Shut yo mouth fool!!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Knights signed Mccullough, good back up signing to cover injured brailey.

How is it that we still haven’t signed a decent hooker since Ennis left. Cook wasnt a renowned dummy half and was olaying fullback in reggies. Would of been good to keep him but we all know that story.
Why wouldnt we look at picking up a hooker to fill a short term void. JMK will never be an all time hooker either will bloody katoa. Shithouse recruitment
We're looking at Reynolds :P

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Does Ennis realise this is the 2020 version of Josh Reynolds not 2014. Reynolds has played less games than Foran over the past few years. Signing Reynolds is a complete waste of the cap. We have more pressing matters, we need be looking at the backline and hooker first.
Why should we help the tigers? I rather give experience to Wakeham and Averillo.
Ennis does make a valid point in regards to our recruitment. We all know we have recruited and retained poorly.
Yeah like that time out Pay and the board offered Turpin a half assed contract and told him he would be behind JMK. My god who says shit like that?

silva

Utility
Reaction score
In 2014 Alex Johnston was the top try scorer & James Maloney and Jonathan Thurston takes for equal top point scorer.
A lot has changed since then and we shouldn’t be living in the past
18 mth deal mate its a bargain

chuckynemo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ah seriously shut up all of you. Youre all acting like we have a gun squad at the moment. Shit I can barely watch half a game with our efforts. We need anything to change it up. Bringing back Reynolds is the wisest thing to do for the short term . He was also big with the community here. Bring Reynolds back to belmore

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
@GrogDog that was said in my Mr. T voice.

Fox news article says Ennis can't believe we ever let him go, and if we want to be any chance this year we simply must sign him! Is this guy legit? Fuck I'm sick of his opinions regarding our club. Signing Reynolds would be such a massive step backwards. We all know this!!! And I know there is a whole thread about it, but this is one more to do with Ennis, and his rediculous opinions.
Ennis must really hate the Bulldogs. What is it about ex-Bulldogs in the media? Is there some agreement that anyone working for the Murdoch media must rubbish our club?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ah seriously shut up all of you. Youre all acting like we have a gun squad at the moment. Shit I can barely watch half a game with our efforts. We need anything to change it up. Bringing back Reynolds is the wisest thing to do for the short term . He was also big with the community here. Bring Reynolds back to belmore
Not at $600k, if the Tigers only want to contribute $150k of his contract. We have to keep looking for new talent to develop, and bide our time. I had to wait from 1948 until 1980 to see a GF win. Patience will win out, though I don't have the years left for another wait of that magnitude.

I agree it is tough watching any of our games - also very hard to find replays of past seasons where we had a win. All the effort in recent years has been from the fans, forcing themselves to watch.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
As much as I don't want Reynolds - I see Ennis as coming from a place where he is sick to his stomach to see us in the position we are in. We all can have our opinions on what is best for this club - I admit his might be a little biased considering how close they are as mates - but I do not believe this is a step in the right direction.

IF there was a way we could bring him over just for this season - maybe it's worth the consideration. The biggest issue that the Reynolds signing poses is the fact it could hinder 2 players who could be a huge part of our future in Averillo and Wakeham.

You can hate the idea, but you can't hate on our former captain for wanting what he believes is best for our club.

Remember - this bloke bled for us. I'll hold Reynolds to the same level when he eventually hangs up the boots - just hopefully not at our club.
He also bled for St.George and Cronulla. It's because the Dogs are a great team struggling for a top eight spot that every "expert" seems to think they have the one stop solution.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If the figures referred to here ie paying Reynolds 600k are true - should be able to get two or three quality outside backs for that money - even pay overs to lure the standouts from the 18s n 20s comps (hopefully they will happen)
Seeems also that Doorey and Tui Katoa are training with the ft squad as replacements for the banished two.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He also bled for St.George and Cronulla. It's because the Dogs are a great team struggling for a top eight spot that every "expert" seems to think they have the one stop solution.
But he wasn't captain of either of those 2 clubs. I highly doubt fans from any of his other 3 clubs prior to us would hold him in high regard (Newie, St George and the Bronx). As you alluded to though, Sharkies would.

Whilst you're right about experts wanting to dig in - let's be honest - everyone is an expert in a crisis and crisis management. He sees holistically a struggling club who have the opportunity to purchase a player, who in his eyes, would better us. Most of here think it would hinder us for the long term, which I agree with.

The biggest issue I have with the Reynolds situation is if we bring him over, it will have to be for the remainder of this season + next year. If it was just this year, I would consider it - but I definitely would not want to block the pathway to FG for our future stars - particularly Wakeham.

I don't blame Ennis for having a say for a club he loves so much - but I also disagree with the potential signing of Reynolds for the most part.

Anywho - it definitely isn't happening anyway.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If the figures referred to here ie paying Reynolds 600k are true - should be able to get two or three quality outside backs for that money - even pay overs to lure the standouts from the 18s n 20s comps (hopefully they will happen)
Seeems also that Doorey and Tui Katoa are training with the ft squad as replacements for the banished two.
That’s easily the best option and probably the most realistic one. I would be much happier to pay big money (in terms of what you pay a rookie) to lure the best junior talent and give them a shot at the NRL.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
That’s easily the best option and probably the most realistic one. I would be much happier to pay big money (in terms of what you pay a rookie) to lure the best junior talent and give them a shot at the NRL.
Try to get Sione Katoa back from the Sharks would be worth trying

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try to get Sione Katoa back from the Sharks would be worth trying
With there being no footy played below NRL is will be a perfect time to target gun juniors. They have lost a year of football and we can fast track them into NRL.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: I’m back baby ..... em is is very bitter toward the bulldogs..... not sure if he is bright or not as his comments should be aimed at Hasler , dib, and castle..... current administration is cleaning their mess up. Only thing I agree with is bring grub home !!! Someone ask Braith where his heart lies .... dogs or roorters? Hi nasheed

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The 32 players that are training have been listed online, pretty much just slotted in the development players but I assume we still have spots available on the roster for potential midseason recruits?

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/teams/?competition=111&team=500010

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Reynolds is such a great asset why doesn’t he just stay at the Tigers?
Simply bec ause he has not delivered what the club expected ( or believed he was capable of) , he has been dogged by injury and most importantly he is eating up a substantial portion of their cap space. Oh and plus they have Harry Grant and the other hooker ( whose name escapes me at the moment) who are well ahead of him.