Andrew McCullough joins Newcastle Knights effective immediately

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Looks like the Knights coach likes a defensive 9 with Brailey and now AM.

Supercoaches who were going to get Conor Watson need to change strategy.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Crazy hey. Newcastle have a decent spine now.
McCullough still has plenty of footy in him. Good pick up for them.

Another off the list... haha

We gonna snag a decent hooker soon I’m sure

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Crazy hey. Newcastle have a decent spine now.
McCullough still has plenty of footy in him. Good pick up for them.

Another off the list... haha

We gonna snag a decent hooker soon I’m sure
the hooker that pushed macca out, met with canterbury, we offered a fraction over minimum and turpin stayed in brisbane

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Looks like the Knights coach likes a defensive 9 with Brailey and now AM.

Supercoaches who were going to get Conor Watson need to change strategy.
Drafted him to replace cook :/

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Slower than Lichaa.... Broncos happy to get rid of him.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Real experience in the spine and especially at hooker would've been good for us. McCullough with JMK off the bench wouldve been good.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah Turpin. Don’t think he was ever leaving, would’ve been good to get.
If he's willing to meet with other clubs why do you say that? I'm more in line with we didn't offer him enough money.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If he's willing to meet with other clubs why do you say that? I'm more in line with we didn't offer him enough money.
Everyone is open to meet other clubs, but clubs like Broncs, Rooster, Souths won’t lose anyone they want to keep. They’ll just up the offer whether it’s above board or not.
Staggs, Fifita Etc.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Will be decent for the Knights who need more leadership in the spine, will help Pearce alot. As for the talk of us missing Turpin, im glad we didnt get him blokes overrated.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Everyone is open to meet other clubs, but clubs like Broncs, Rooster, Souths won’t lose anyone they want to keep. They’ll just up the offer whether it’s above board or not.
Staggs, Fifita Etc.
turpin was offered shit money just above the minimum, told hes behind jmk, and they wouldnt say who would be coaching beyond last season

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wasn't everyone on here baulking at the prospect of signing someone like McCullough, then he signs with the knights and suddenly we "miss out"

Seriously?
McCullough isn’t what we needed anyway the best thing about signing with the Knights means he’s no chance of joining the Dogs.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Turpin was unlikely to leave Brisbane as he is horse trainer is all set up. So it would take a massive offer to leave all that.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I fail to see how we can sit in a tower and look down at a player like McCullough. Would he normally be a targeted signing IMO, probs not. However under our circumstances and let's face it, circumstances since we showed Ennis the door and decided the current Aussie hooker had nothing to offer we have been useless in this position.

So for me at a time where we're discussing signing Reynolds again then I will take someone who can pass a ball from dummy half any day of the week. Has played Origin and I would sign him for 2-3 years no worries. Atleast that would be a position filled by a solid player moving forward.

If we knew he was looking to go somewhere else and didn't even check out the possibility then for me that's an opportunity missed. Meanwhile we will sit back and discuss JMK and Reynolds playing there and whinge about how we don't sign anyone!

Reality check, we have had a sub-standard team for like 6 years now.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is a backwards step for the knights considering they had Danny Levi who was young, cheaper and better than Macca and allowed him to leave. Strange choice.