News Brandon Wakeham signs two year deal

cyborg66

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Josh Reynolds was just a media beat up!!i will be more concerned if they resign foran

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
As I said last week, this was going to be finalised a while ago if it wasn’t for corona. Where are the people who said we were going to lose him?

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is absolutely fantastic news for both him and our great club.
I’d luv to see young Wakeham become a real superstar and long term halfback,
We’ve all been through so much crap in recent years as a supporter base
It would be a blessing.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Wasn’t he going to the Tigers in a swap with Reynolds? :yum:

Nice work by the club, hopefully develops nicely in that time and gets a 4 year extension next time....
Nasheed here,
This means we have rejected the Reynolds deal!!

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good news, i guess if we could get reynolds for $400 k cogger would more than likely not get resigned.

So i guess in the wash up do we spend $400k on reynolds.
Or do we resign cogger on argument sake say $300k.
I guess id probably take josh on for that reason.
Cogger has age going for him,but really hasn't done much,for the club to re sign him,at $400k I think josh would be a good buy,but no more

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Good news, i guess if we could get reynolds for $400 k cogger would more than likely not get resigned.

I hope we keep Cogger, he showed alot of potential imo and is far from the worst half at our club currently... wish we extended him instead of Lewis earlier in the year.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hope we keep Cogger, he showed alot of potential imo and is far from the worst half at our club currently... wish we extended him instead of Lewis earlier in the year.
I would have preferred that as well but can't see Cogger sticking around now.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
We have 5 halves in da club.

That's a pretty heavy amount for just a 30 man roster. We have 2 hookers only in comparison.

this signing is a massive F U to Maguires ambition to poach Wakeham and this no swap.

We want a premium half next year, and only Foran and Cogger are unsigned, with most believing Foran will be retained on a reduced contract.
And if you think they will use that final spot to sign Josh Reynolds..... cmon.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I would have preferred that as well but can't see Cogger sticking around now.
I would love to see him have a crack at 9 as we wouldnt be any worse off with what we currently have... if he stays around as reserve half ill be happy.
However i think he would be suited to Storm (move Hughes) Sharks (post Townsend) Dragons (Hunt old and better at 9) Warriors (Green getting on) and Titans (need an organiser).
In saying that though Pay could well have plans to play Averillo in 1 or 3 and maybe the 6 jersey remains open.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Cogger would be playing reserve grade so I would doubt we'd even want to sign him on 300k, more like 200k. Reynolds does offer more than Cogger with the makeup of our team anyways. Again, it comes down to the price if it happens or not tho.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cogger would be playing reserve grade so I would doubt we'd even want to sign him on 300k, more like 200k. Reynolds does offer more than Cogger with the makeup of our team anyways. Again, it comes down to the price if it happens or not tho.
Reynolds offers more versatility yes. But if Wakeham gets injured it would be nice to have a 7 in Cogger who knows how to run a side waiting in the wings. Odo from what ive seen would be better suited to 6 and just playing on instinct, the two would make a good reserve halves pairing.

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is great to sign young talent. Also like that it isn't for 4 years. 2 is good.
How did we miss Andrew Mc Cullough. The knights get another good servant. Seriously there needs to be less tunnel vision by recruitment.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also regarding Reynolds, it makes more sense for him to be our hooker/utility and back up half then coming back to play in the halves. Yeah, I hear what people are saying regarding Reynolds not being a hooker, but he's still much better then what we have and has other values that are important for a team. For the right price, which is why we haven't signed him yet, he'd be a good addition. I would of went after other targets myself and even still I'd rather Friend, but after that there's next to nothing.
Don't know haven't really seen Katoa yet.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
This is great to sign young talent. Also like that it isn't for 4 years. 2 is good.
How did we miss Andrew Mc Cullough. The knights get another good servant. Seriously there needs to be less tunnel vision by recruitment.
eveeyone knew that McCullough has been on the outer since that Souths guy took over the coaching.

from my recollection, the homies here occasionally name dropped him, but others said that he is good, but too Lichaa like and not worth the effort.

I'm not saying Andrew is on Lichaas level, that's a massive insult to him that could result in people coming after me, I'm just saying he's also a defensive Number 9 whos more 'solid' when our appetite is more livewire.

Cam McInnes would be our perfect hooker. Like McCullough but with a bit of zip.

a good recruitment team would be making covert and aggressive enquiries to replace the anti vaxxer next year.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
eveeyone knew that McCullough has been on the outer since that Souths guy took over the coaching.

from my recollection, the homies here occasionally name dropped him, but others said that he is good, but too Lichaa like and not worth the effort.

I'm not saying Andrew is on Lichaas level, that's a massive insult to him that could result in people coming after me, I'm just saying he's also a defensive Number 9 whos more 'solid' when our appetite is more livewire.

Cam McInnes would be our perfect hooker. Like McCullough but with a bit of zip.

a good recruitment team would be making covert and aggressive enquiries to replace the anti vaxxer next year.
Brandon Smith would be better if we're talking about players on contract. McInnes probably already on a sizeable amount at the Dragons (and I just prefer Brandon Smith, he'd be the perfect Bulldogs player).

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For sure. It sucks that he will play hardly any footy this year.
Hes still young and if hes got the smarts he'll bide his time coz the opportunity will be there for him at canterbury.