Stuff you collect

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Had to stop collecting records, just getting too expensive.
Thought Id start collecting OZ magazines seeing as I have a couple. Turns out there more expensive than collecting records now.
Maybe I should just start a rock collection.
View attachment 14844
I wonder how much vintage Mad Magazines are these days.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wonder how much vintage Mad Magazines are these days.
Think there going up. I was looking on ebay the other day at old mags and it appears they have started to rise in value. I didnt specifically look at the condition/year verses $$$ but i imagine Mad mags will continue to rise. 70's playboys on the rise aswell. I wanted to collect vintage Ginger Meggs as Im a fan of collecting Australian stuff but unfortunately 1930s Meggs is getting too expensive aswell.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Finally going through my 1000+ collection of Hot Wheels and sorting them in boxes. It’s amazing how many cars I want but didn’t realise I actually already had. I’ll be sorting them out by make or type (ie muscle cars, utes, Euro etc...) then putting in boxes and storing.
Obviously you want to sell them down the track but wouldn't you rather display them for you to admire other than store away in boxes?
Same as having a beautiful old car, I would find it hard just storing it in a garage, would definitely want to drive it and enjoy it.
$$$$$ vs enjoyment is a tough choice though.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm into Star Trek and sci fi magazines like Starlog etc. A few years back got the set of Star Trek cars from Mattel ( sourced from the reject shop of all places) Kirk, Spock, Scotty, Sulu McCoy and Uhura @ $3 each seen on E Bay for about $100 the set but not really into that for the money just the fact they are Trek related. Also saw ones like Scooby Do etc but not into those.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Obviously you want to sell them down the track but wouldn't you rather display them for you to admire other than store away in boxes?
Same as having a beautiful old car, I would find it hard just storing it in a garage, would definitely want to drive it and enjoy it.
$$$$$ vs enjoyment is a tough choice though.
See the problem with being a serious collector is that you value your item and want to keep it as mint as possible. Also the card art tends to add a lot of value to the casting if it's rare, so ripping it open means that the long-term value is gone. I have a few lose ones which I'm trying to figure out how to display, but eventually the long-term plan is for me to pass these onto my kids/nieces/nephew and leave it as my legacy.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Think there going up. I was looking on ebay the other day at old mags and it appears they have started to rise in value. I didnt specifically look at the condition/year verses $$$ but i imagine Mad mags will continue to rise. 70's playboys on the rise aswell. I wanted to collect vintage Ginger Meggs as Im a fan of collecting Australian stuff but unfortunately 1930s Meggs is getting too expensive aswell.
The guy that was a big part of Mad Magazine just recently passed away. https://nypost.com/2020/04/09/mort-drucker-legendary-mad-magazine-artist-dies-at-91/

Wahesh

Reaction score
8-)

Just got this from a private sale. It's the Hot Wheels Premium Fast & Furious Diorama Set.

• All 4 vehivles have what are known as 'Real Riders' - which are tyres made from actual rubber, not plastic
  • The Supra and Rearing Charger are displayed exactly as they are in the movie as the final race starts
  • The red truck has "The Racers Edge" written on it, a tribute to the shop from the first movie
  • Jesse's Jetta makes another return to the Real Riders as it was in wave 2 of the premium sets released last year
  • The ghetto of LA is shown in the background

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
See the problem with being a serious collector is that you value your item and want to keep it as mint as possible. Also the card art tends to add a lot of value to the casting if it's rare, so ripping it open means that the long-term value is gone. I have a few lose ones which I'm trying to figure out how to display, but eventually the long-term plan is for me to pass these onto my kids/nieces/nephew and leave it as my legacy.
I keep telling my wife that my collections of railway books and model trains are worth good money. She replies "No they're not, because you'll never sell them."

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since these idiots stress me out every year and and Im a bald fooker I gotta have a pile of baseball hats.