News Retired Greg Inglis to make shock rugby league comeback with Super League side Warrington Wolves

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
teflon souths where nothing sticks nor do rules apply

another souths mockery of the rules and integrity

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No wonder greenturd 'stepped down'.

The NRLol Zero Integrity unit needs to be held accountable for their disgraceful decision. Souths got to poach established first graders with freed up cap space from phoney retirements.

Fuck greenturd and the scum at NRLol. All of us knew barge-arse and grog Inglis retiring off the cap was a farce from the beginning. Only fake news journos like buzz Paul **** and Weedler thought it was all legitimate.

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's only a rort if if your'e not in on it which is everyone except souf sam and gi

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the struggling Titans end up with their best player gifted to one of the strongest clubs in the comp - so much for the cap delivering an even playing field.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
So the struggling Titans end up with their best player gifted to one of the strongest clubs in the comp - so much for the cap delivering an even playing field.
The playing field hasn't been even for years, if you aren't apart of the "privilege" 4.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wait. The article says he came out and retired of his own volition.

I thought it was a medical retirement?
I thought that it was a medical retirement but apparently not ...it was done by his own decision. The portion of his salary that applied up until he retired was included in the cap, the rest was waived and that meant that it was also waived for this year...but...he was paid by Souths for his role as mentor or whatever it was for last year and the job was one that was part of his 'retirement' and signed off on by the club and the NRL for a couple of years to recoup what he lost by retiring. It smacks of a way to get him off the books and gain a big leg up for this year.With his money they have purchased Mitchell and Goodwin resigned high profile players something that may not have been possible if the salary was still included in the cap. THAT is what is the bone of contention here...he retired........ that means he gave the game away but it now seems that considering his last few years was dogged by injury and mental issues he has miraculously recovered and regained his passion for the game. Well, now if a player 'retires of his own volition' with perhaps a little push from his club who needs cap space it can realistically free up cap space, he can be 'employed 'by his club for the rest of the year and then the following year he can get a big payday elsewhere....nicely set up and all effectively approved and signed off on by the NRL.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep here we have Danny Weidler and his usual bleeding heart interview with Inglis.....who now has been diagnosed with some type of bi-polar disorder.... and he made it a point to state it was not a medical retirement so other clubs have no reason to complain about the cap dispensation for 2020.......yep a nice even playing filed ...

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The majority can see this for the rort it is, but hypothetically, if Inglis was to be signed by us for the rest of the year, who'd be for it?

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I like footy but I don't like being rorted.

If the club doesn't challenge this and make it right somehow, I couldn't give a fuck about following NRL. What's the point in watching something so blatantly inequitable? I'm meant to pay money and waste my time watching a team compete in a competition that is legitimately uneven? Yeah. Nah

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I like footy but I don't like being rorted.

If the club doesn't challenge this and make it right somehow, I couldn't give a fuck about following NRL. What's the point in watching something so blatantly inequitable? I'm meant to pay money and waste my time watching a team compete in a competition that is legitimately uneven? Yeah. Nah
Hate the competition, but not your team. Remember anyday the NRL could implode... not our club though.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
FMD how do they get away with this shit, Inglis contradicts himself;
"People thought I retired for medical reasons, and that's not true"
"My mind and body just weren't in the game"
Last time I checked mind (psychiatric reason) and body (medical reason) with "not being up for it" are both the medical reasons why they (him and the Rabbits) were able to get out of the contract.

Go Dogs

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I reckon Bennett just told him to take a year off to get his body right.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
FMD how do they get away with this shit, Inglis contradicts himself;

Last time I checked mind (psychiatric reason) and body (medical reason) with "not being up for it" are both the medical reasons why they (him and the Rabbits) were able to get out of the contract.

Go Dogs
He ain't the smartest nut in the turd the ol' Grog Inglis.

Thegoldtoothrat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wouldn’t be surprised if Sam Burgess follows him over there too cause he is depressed about not playing bla bla bla and take huge pay day over there
Cant burgess is medically retired, inglis was a loophole because souths employed him. Greenburg when he first took over was seen as being too lenient on the bulldogs. So he went the other way and gave us nothing ie Foran. Inglis is a protected species he got blind at the all stars game and made a scene and it was all covered up, thats why he went in rehab. I personally think hes over rated id take barba, slater or lockyer over him at fullback.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant burgess is medically retired, inglis was a loophole because souths employed him. Greenburg when he first took over was seen as being too lenient on the bulldogs. So he went the other way and gave us nothing ie Foran. Inglis is a protected species he got blind at the all stars game and made a scene and it was all covered up, thats why he went in rehab. I personally think hes over rated id take barba, slater or lockyer over him at fullback.
True rehab ain’t cheap what is barba up to these days I guess there already sniffing around CHN to give him another chance somewhere even though we sacked him doing the right thing might as well get Benny back