News Cody Walker Blackmailed

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
According to the news just now Walker has escaped punishment for his part in the fight the others copped a $500 fine from the law. Over to you NRL........not ......what is the bet the action is a big fat zero because the law did not charge him...
So since not charged by the police nothing to NRL can do in this case I assume....

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
So since not charged by the police nothing to NRL can do in this case I assume....
There is still grounds for the Nrlol to do something, IF the want to. Emphasis on the IF as they will probably do nothing as per usual.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your two players weren't charged by the police and they were de-registered. But I'll be surprised if Walker gets any punishment given the PR campaign he and souffs have embarked on over recent days. How many interviews has he done now?

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Your two players weren't charged by the police and they were de-registered. But I'll be surprised if Walker gets any punishment given the PR campaign he and souffs have embarked on over recent days. How many interviews has he done now?
Yep exactly, see how this pans out. Just gives CHN and JO more ammo when they contest the de-registration.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If the NRL does nothing about this, it's just going to show that the same trial or redemption by media applies.

You've all got this wrong people. This wasn't a violent attack out of the blue, it was a fearless act of heroism horribly taken out of context. Poor Cody saved a guy from Ross river fever by kicking at an attacking mosquito on his chest. Now someone has his heroic rescue on tape and is attempting to misconstrue the rescue as a dogshot with violent intent for the purpose of making money. We should be praising poor Cody as a hero and writing a script for a movie about this incredibly brave rescue attempt. When he kept trying to go on with the attack it was because the mosquito got away and was back on the guy he tried to rescue. He was calling the mosquito out for a fight mono E mono, not the victim who almost had suffered a mosquito bite. HOW FUCKING DARE YOU ALL THINK THIS WAS AN ACT OF AGGRESSION. Clearly Cody did what he did to save someone's life [end sarcasm]

I truly think I have a calling to be an NRL clubs spin doctor.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There is still grounds for the Nrlol to do something, IF the want to. Emphasis on the IF as they will probably do nothing as per usual.
Well, as we have seen the wonderful consistency in punishments have been well documented. Our players not charged by Police but still punished. I see today that Nathan Cleary given two weeks for his stupidity.

It is well and good to give interviews after the fact and play the sympathy card, which has become the big go to for players theses days, but let's not forget that he was intoxicated, rehabbing and not even involved in the altercation although he was going to the aid of one of his many cousins, which in his opinion should override anything that happened. Oh and don't forget it was all due to a family tragedy, something no one else has ever encountered... so over these blokes not taking responsibility for their actions it is always being a victim of circumstance or someone else's fault....

The NRL are a toothless tiger when it comes to handing out punishments to specific clubs....dick pics, domestic violence, assault and drunkenness are acceptable behaviour for some.....

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So..... now we also know, after the fact, that super coach Uncle Wayne knew full well that the incident had happened prior to it being reported to the Integrity unit. Let's see if the NRL take this into account when they broach the subject ( should I say IF) with Souths as Andrew Abdo made mention last night that it is the responsibility under guidelines for this information to be passed on as soon as it is known and Cody himself confided in his coach when it happened.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If the NRL does nothing about this, it's just going to show that the same trial or redemption by media applies.

You've all got this wrong people. This wasn't a violent attack out of the blue, it was a fearless act of heroism horribly taken out of context. Poor Cody saved a guy from Ross river fever by kicking at an attacking mosquito on his chest. Now someone has his heroic rescue on tape and is attempting to misconstrue the rescue as a dogshot with violent intent for the purpose of making money. We should be praising poor Cody as a hero and writing a script for a movie about this incredibly brave rescue attempt. When he kept trying to go on with the attack it was because the mosquito got away and was back on the guy he tried to rescue. He was calling the mosquito out for a fight mono E mono, not the victim who almost had suffered a mosquito bite. HOW FUCKING DARE YOU ALL THINK THIS WAS AN ACT OF AGGRESSION. Clearly Cody did what he did to save someone's life [end sarcasm]

I truly think I have a calling to be an NRL clubs spin doctor.
Bravo Alan, well played :tearsofjoy: