Ennis wants the dogs to sign Reynolds again. Shut yo mouth fool!!

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, but offering someone three years instead of two can help with recruitment (someone like Cotric for e.g. I wouldn't have a problem doing it with). We definitely don't want to put injury prone players on big contracts for three years tho.
I’d rather not offer any contract to a player which is injury prone to be honest
Our club was fully aware of injuries that Foz had at the time,it turned out to be a real disaster from day one.
Surely the doctor employed by management would advise accordingly.
Both he and grub must be the luckiest players I know with those big money contracts.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
leave reynolds at the tigers, let them pay the full amount of having him on their books, why should we sign a busted player and help their salary cap and potentially waste our money, to big a risk and no advantage to our team

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep. The club is clearly OK with 3 years where they believe they’ll get value: reliability, character etc - DWZ, Thompson, Jackson, Stimson as recent examples.
Agree,the management seems ok with the three year contracts
I would still rather a 2 year plus extension options unless they are a top grade marquee player.
The DWZ and Stimson time frames are making me a bit nervous.
Not really sure about their long time success.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats a no as coach from me then.

I like DWZ and cant wait to see him again in action.

No surprise we looked better last year with him at FB.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agree,the management seems ok with the three year contracts
I would still rather a 2 year plus extension options unless they are a top grade marquee player.
The DWZ and Stimson time frames are making me a bit nervous.
Not really sure about their long time success.
DWZ isn't even a proper fullback while Stimson is a fat fuck and likely another player that drops a few levels after leaving the Storm. If the club believes these guys are key players moving forward then God help us.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He gets us playing over the advantage line that's the key attribute he brings imo. Not many halfs we have have shown they can do that. Cogger was doing it but got dropped for Lewis
Which is why I don’t understand why Cogger isn’t getting a chance. Apart from his season ending injury in 2017 I think he’s done the same as Wakeham as a junior. I’m happy that Wakeham is getting a chance don’t get me wrong but people are quick to say Cogger won’t make it and I don’t see too much difference in their play at the moment.

Foran hitting the line hasn’t improved our record with or without him in the lineup. Massively overrated these last five seasons

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's part of being in the media you have to talk rubbish. There is no doubt Ennis is delusional if he really believes that.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’ve been reflecting on this for a couple of days and feel he’d be a shrewd addition if:
We don’t pay more than $400k (prorated new salary cap)
He becomes one of 5 or 6 new faces heading into next season
We offer 18 mth deal only

Yes, he’s past his best, yes, he’s injury prone, however he brings experience, he brings energy and he brings scoring opportunities, these are sadly missing from today’s squad.
I said from Day 1, Lynne and Pay played the wrong approach in my opinion. We are not a development club, but yes we should have strong juniors. We should not be ‘getting games into the young guys’ but young guys should be given a chance. The reality is NRL is the top of the sport and every year, especially under salary cap you should be aiming to make finals, anything less is fail, multiple years missing finals shows a flawed and weak club. If a player is 16 or 36 should not matter, you need to win, full stop !!!

If we had a competitive squad and Grub is in there somewhere, from 14-30 under above description, he should be welcome back

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry....

Ennis I really liked as a player for us, gave his all, like Reynolds. Both left for better deals.

Ennis is purely looking after his mate. He doesn’t give a f@&k about our club anymore. Take your opinions elsewhere now pal.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Reynolds should go help out the Warriors

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Everyday this past week or so I come on the TK and when Im about to click on the 'Bulldogs Discussions' tab my eyes squint and my sphinkter tightens because im afraid im going to see a 'Reynolds signs with the Dogs' thread.

This year is a non event for NRL so like others I would rather see our youngsters get a 'good' run in the halfs win or lose. Why buy Josh with injury concerns to maybe/if win a couple of extra games when this year could be used for development leading into next year. Just chuck in Katoa for 4 back to back games from the first game and be done with it aswell. Is he really that shit? Can he not be trained? Only natural Hooker we have so what could it hurt this year. Over the experiments trying to manufacture players, Pay isnt a master coach. Either buy or play players in their natural positions. Set Lewis aside and give Wakeham the keys to see if he's going to work out or not.
I just see no positive to signing Josh and Ennis has no credibility when talking of the Dogs due to his negative bias.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Who the fuck is Ennis and why should we care what she thinks?

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reynolds is worse than Lewis. Ennis has lost the plot bloody knuckle head

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Reynolds is such a great asset why doesn’t he just stay at the Tigers?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Does he not understand that the player in question now has a raft of chronic injuries and at the moment we do not need another player who is more than likely to break after 20 minutes of football.

Yep, Josh was well liked and he was held in high esteem by the fans of the club because of his passion and love of the club but today that is no where near enough reason to sign him up. If we intend to go with the halves and the hooker we have we really don't need him. Sorry but that ship has well and truly sailed....

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ennis think's Reynolds is the Bulldogs "favourite son"? Don't think a mistake machine that can't pass, kick, or set runners up properly could be a favourite son. Running around saying you love the club doesn't set you up for immortality, you still have to be able to play.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DWZ isn't even a proper fullback while Stimson is a fat fuck and likely another player that drops a few levels after leaving the Storm. If the club believes these guys are key players moving forward then God help us.
I hope that any recruitment player works out for our great club but obviously that’s not always going to be the case.
Only time will tell regarding the most recent signings.
Thompson is one which gives me more confidence moving forward,
Let’s see if our management bring quality after June 30.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reynolds wont deliver us a premiership. Would be a short term solution but the better we play the more attractive we are to players on the market. Nobody wants to come here anymore. 350k wouldnt break the cap. If we can win half our games and reynolds can help us do.that then hes a bargain.
The fact that we can’t attract elite players is a major concern....something has to change....Pay needs to go

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Reynolds is such a great asset why doesn’t he just stay at the Tigers?
The Tigers coach is not stupid,
He will do what’s absolutely best for his team moving forward
We need to give our young players valid game time this year.
Wakeham,Harper and Avv for example.