News He deserves congratulations': Greg Inglis defends James Roberts after 'appalling' Ben Ikin comments

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I actually dont mind Ben Ikin, but those comments he made were really stupid and uneducated.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What the fuck is Ikin talking about? Darius Boyd would have played his whole career as a park footballer going by that logic.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
There is a tiny part of me that sees where Ikin is coming from though but only because Roberts has been on this substance abuse roller-coaster for a very long time now. Some part of the system is failing here, and if the pressure of first grade is a factor in his constant issues then maybe he does have to give it up.

I do agree though that it takes a lot of courage to seek help and anyone doing that should be commended.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
What the fuck is Ikin talking about? Darius Boyd would have played his whole career as a park footballer going by that logic.
Probably about right for the most overrated player in the NRL.

Go Dogs

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Fuck off GI.
He must be sick of pissy-driving and assaulting women for this to have caught his attention.

Gallo2014

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I like the part where GI is grateful that Roberts has Bennett in his corner. Waynker is doing a great job with the likes of Latrell and Cody Wanker! Last year it was Surgess, Gurgess and GI himself. Stay tuned for more fun!

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the part where GI is grateful that Roberts has Bennett in his corner. Waynker is doing a great job with the likes of Latrell and Cody Wanker! Last year it was Surgess, Gurgess and GI himself. Stay tuned for more fun!
The pride of the League huh..
Puhleassse

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grubs of the league I hate them more than roosters , only cause they get away with shit all the time. Burgess retiring wAs the biggest crock of shit,

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Seems like no one actually read the article.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/e77c89f75fbacf584b2cde55e4aeb5b9

This is what he said.

At what point does the responsibility fall on the individual to say, this job might not be for me, I don’t like the pressure or scrutiny, it’s not good for my mental health, so I’ll find a job where those forces don’t exist.

Or conversely, choose to play rugby league minus all the fanfare, it’s called community football.

You don’t get paid, but if you’re truly in it for the love of the game, trust me, there are plenty of options.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seems like no one actually read the article.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/e77c89f75fbacf584b2cde55e4aeb5b9

This is what he said.

At what point does the responsibility fall on the individual to say, this job might not be for me, I don’t like the pressure or scrutiny, it’s not good for my mental health, so I’ll find a job where those forces don’t exist.

Or conversely, choose to play rugby league minus all the fanfare, it’s called community football.

You don’t get paid, but if you’re truly in it for the love of the game, trust me, there are plenty of options.
I agree with Ikin, if you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Same.

The Ikin article heading was clickbait.

And seems GI etc didn't read the article, just the heading.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
OK, congratulations james for checking into rehab, big pats on the back all round

Happy now grogliss