Social Media Return for Reynolds??

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
" the bulldogs fans can't wait another 3 years to play finals footy....they want the team to play finals footy this year"
Mick Ennis
That quote doesn't mean anything in regards to Ennis' coaching ability. Ennis needs to get experience first being an assistant coach and/or going over to the Super League first. If you want someone like Ennis to be involved for 2021 it has to be under someone like Flanagan (who I don't think is available until 2022 anyways?) with Ennis being an assistant coach. Also if we recruit well we can play finals footy next year (if we don't then we've wasted the next three or so years - if we really mess it up).

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So ennis needs experience?

On how to communicate?
On how to lead a team?
On how to devise game plans?
On how to be passionate?
On how to bring the best out of the players? And the fans mind u ..
On how to recruit ? Ha

He has it in spades, and let me tell you him joining the raiders last year and them making the grand final was no coincidence.
That quote doesn't mean anything in regards to Ennis' coaching ability. Ennis needs to get experience first being an assistance coach and/or going over to the Super League first. If you want someone like Ennis to be involved for 2021 it has to be under someone like Flanagan with Ennis being an assistance coach.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

On how to communicate?
On how to lead a team?
On how to be passionate?
On how to recruit ? Ha

He has it in spades, and let me tell you him joining the raiders last year and them making the grand final was no coincidence.
Nah we need old dinosaur coaches like Bennett. I'd be in favour of a young coach with fresh ideas. Not much changed from Desball to Pay's style of footy.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

On how to communicate?
On how to lead a team?
On how to be passionate?
On how to recruit ? Ha

Nasheed here,
I think it's considered bad form not to promote a coach from a lower rank or a coach that's been in the system. Mess with career path goals for future coaches. Unfair on guys like Lee Malkoun or Jim Dymoxk who toil hard in the lower grades, to be overlooked for a commentator.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
" the bulldogs fans can't wait another 3 years to play finals footy....they want the team to play finals footy this year"
Mick Ennis
Fuck me dead.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think its also bad form by the previous board to appoint a coach purely as a PR exercise to save their arses,instead of best man for the job.

Let's see what the current board does in respect to coaching appointments with their necks on the line at the next elections.

Will it be another Pr exercise and go back to an experienced Nrl coach , stick with the status quo or make some bold moves.

So far their moves have been at snails pace
Nasheed here,
I think it's considered bad form not to promote a coach from a lower rank or a coach that's been in the system. Mess with career path goals for future coaches. Unfair on guys like Lee Malkoun or Jim Dymoxk who toil hard in the lower grades, to be overlooked for a commentator.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I saw was a bloke using his position in the Media to try and force the club to up there offer to the Tigers for one of his mates.I don't think bringing him back is the right move , but if they are looking at it at least they seem to be negotiating tough on the terms.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can only see upside
No benefit for reynolds same pay packet.
As if we haven't got an extra 100k lying around another api situation
All I saw was a bloke using his position in the Media to try and force the club to up there offer to the Tigers for one of his mates.I don't think bringing him back is the right move , but if they are looking at it at least they seem to be negotiating tough on the terms.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

On how to communicate?
On how to lead a team?
On how to be passionate?
On how to recruit ? Ha

Exactly AND from the way he spoke last night he wants nothing more than the dogs to be back in finals again just like the rest of us.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pays experience and success in the past has been with the juniors keep him on to look after the young players coming through and the pathways but ennis in my eyes is a MUST,he gets it and has unfinished business.
I'll even say this if he had an option to coach the sharks or the dogs he would pick the dogs without question.
Exactly AND from the way he spoke last night he wants nothing more than the dogs to be back in finals again just like the rest of us.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
100x better than Pay though. Id go all in.
Lol no. I can't believe how fucked our fanbase is to even suggest Ennis as head coach. This is why we no longer have nice things.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck our fans have lost the plot, Ennis as head coach :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
I wouldn't mind him in some sort of role, maybe an assistant coach. That was BEFORE he went in to bat for his "mate" lol.

Anyone who thinks Reynolds returning to our club will be some sort of good thing has lost the plot.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind him in some sort of role, maybe an assistant coach. That was BEFORE he went in to bay for us "mate" lol.

Anyone who thinks Reynolds returning to our club will be some sort of good thing has lost the plot.
Him being on the coaching staff and being head coach are two completely totally different things. But yes, Ennis in the media just constantly talks up his mates non stop and the suggestion that Reynolds HAS to be brought back is exactly that.

Seriously so many of our fans have absolutely lost it and this is the exact type of thinking that lead to us ending up with Pay as head coach.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe we should be signing other players for the future/ and for now where we are light on, like centre etc, the smart teams like chooks/ storm do it , etc morovski ,josh morris, we dont cos our club is allways sitting on their hands and have no vision!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lol no. I can't believe how fucked our fanbase is to even suggest Ennis as head coach. This is why we no longer have nice things.
I won't argue the point lol. Pay is poo.