Ennis wants the dogs to sign Reynolds again. Shut yo mouth fool!!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@GrogDog that was said in my Mr. T voice.

Fox news article says Ennis can't believe we ever let him go, and if we want to be any chance this year we simply must sign him! Is this guy legit? Fuck I'm sick of his opinions regarding our club. Signing Reynolds would be such a massive step backwards. We all know this!!! And I know there is a whole thread about it, but this is one more to do with Ennis, and his rediculous opinions.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Ennis was contacted by Foran who want a training partner in rehab and grub seemed perfect.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Michael Ennis blasts Bulldogs’ recruitment and says Josh Reynolds can ‘save their season’

Michael Ennis has launched a passionate attack on the Bulldogs’ recruitment in recent times and called on the club to bring favourite son Josh Reynolds back to Belmore.

Money looks set to be a stumbling block in bringing Reynolds home to Canterbury, but Ennis believes he never should have been let go.

This highlights a huge problem for the Bulldogs and that is they have just taken their eye off the ball when it comes to recruitment,” Ennis said on Fox League Live.

“The stuff about Josh Reynolds really frustrates me because I love the thought of Reynolds not only for the romantic return that rugby league would love, but it would be an enormous shot in the arm to have their favourite son come home.

“At a time when their coach is off contract and there is a lot of speculation around that and a lot of indecision form the club.

To bring someone home like Reynolds that took them to two grand finals and won an Origin series. That in 14 games averaging just 36 minutes a game for the Wests Tigers has created six try assists and had three tries and numerous amounts of repeat sets of six.

“And the fact that it would only be short-term to get them through this period is an absolute no-brainer for me.”

Ennis said the Bulldogs are lacking in experience in the playmaking stocks and said if Kieran Foran can successfully return from injury then Reynolds is the man to help unlock their attack.

“Where Foran is at with his career he loves to play direct and control the game and the unpredictability of Reynolds could be what saves the Bulldogs’ season,” Ennis said.

“They will not get any better with what they are doing at the moment.

When you turn up to training and you see your halves sometimes you don’t really know where other clubs are at. You don’t see the standard that other people are training at. What other level they are at.

“The Bulldogs at the moment are comfortable with Brandon Wakeham, who is only a young kid I don’t want to be too tough on him because I’ve liked some of the stuff that he has done and I’ve like defensively what Lachlan Lewis has done.

But they are not going to be a top four side with that halves pairing.”

Ennis believes the Bulldogs have to have an experienced halves pairing to end the Bulldogs’ finals drought this season.

“Kieran Foran they can’t get him back quick enough, but they really need to invest in Josh Reynolds,” Ennis said.

“It is 18 months with this short season and if ever you need someone like Josh Reynolds it is this season.

“I was really frustrated with the Bulldogs for a period of time with some of the decisions that were made.

“It was because I saw players like James Graham, Josh Reynolds and Dale Finucane be allowed to walk out the door. I don’t think I need to say anything else.”

Reactions: DT

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe that their pros and cons with signing grub, the cons are that he is well past his best and now injury prone. The pros are that he at appeared to inspire the rest of the team, which he may be able to do again, and also become a fan favourite once again. I believe the club saw that paying him a lot of money would not be a good idea at this stage.
Just for the record, to all the past Elliot distracters, I believe that he was also picked because he played with real determination, in spite of his lack of ability. Which may be an inspiration for the remainder of the team.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ennis is just doing a hot take. If he was coach he wouldn’t even pick up the call from Reynold’s agent

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mick's just doing Grub a solid. Grub is the Godparent to one of Micks 4 kids lol - they're best mates. Trying to keep him in the news/ talked about to keep him employed.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ennis chats shit to help out his best mate. Pretty much just that.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Would reynolds improve our team atm? Ennis has a point

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I notice he mentions James Graham at the end of the article too. The Dogs haven’t got many things right in recruitment over the last few years but they got it absolutely spot on with Graham and Grub leaving at the right time. Ennis is kidding himself if he thinks Grub would lead the club the finals.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As much as I don't want Reynolds - I see Ennis as coming from a place where he is sick to his stomach to see us in the position we are in. We all can have our opinions on what is best for this club - I admit his might be a little biased considering how close they are as mates - but I do not believe this is a step in the right direction.

IF there was a way we could bring him over just for this season - maybe it's worth the consideration. The biggest issue that the Reynolds signing poses is the fact it could hinder 2 players who could be a huge part of our future in Averillo and Wakeham.

You can hate the idea, but you can't hate on our former captain for wanting what he believes is best for our club.

Remember - this bloke bled for us. I'll hold Reynolds to the same level when he eventually hangs up the boots - just hopefully not at our club.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
No he doesn't have a point because recruitment shouldn't just be based on "does he improve our team" and instead on a variety of things.
2 year deal for 350k and the tigers would pay half hos contract. It's a good deal for us. Reynolds has been good for the tigers when he has played. He is a competitor and would win us games

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Michael Ennis blasts Bulldogs’ recruitment and says Josh Reynolds can ‘save their season’

Michael Ennis has launched a passionate attack on the Bulldogs’ recruitment in recent times and called on the club to bring favourite son Josh Reynolds back to Belmore.

Money looks set to be a stumbling block in bringing Reynolds home to Canterbury, but Ennis believes he never should have been let go.

This highlights a huge problem for the Bulldogs and that is they have just taken their eye off the ball when it comes to recruitment,” Ennis said on Fox League Live.

“The stuff about Josh Reynolds really frustrates me because I love the thought of Reynolds not only for the romantic return that rugby league would love, but it would be an enormous shot in the arm to have their favourite son come home.

“At a time when their coach is off contract and there is a lot of speculation around that and a lot of indecision form the club.

To bring someone home like Reynolds that took them to two grand finals and won an Origin series. That in 14 games averaging just 36 minutes a game for the Wests Tigers has created six try assists and had three tries and numerous amounts of repeat sets of six.

“And the fact that it would only be short-term to get them through this period is an absolute no-brainer for me.”

Ennis said the Bulldogs are lacking in experience in the playmaking stocks and said if Kieran Foran can successfully return from injury then Reynolds is the man to help unlock their attack.

“Where Foran is at with his career he loves to play direct and control the game and the unpredictability of Reynolds could be what saves the Bulldogs’ season,” Ennis said.

“They will not get any better with what they are doing at the moment.

When you turn up to training and you see your halves sometimes you don’t really know where other clubs are at. You don’t see the standard that other people are training at. What other level they are at.

“The Bulldogs at the moment are comfortable with Brandon Wakeham, who is only a young kid I don’t want to be too tough on him because I’ve liked some of the stuff that he has done and I’ve like defensively what Lachlan Lewis has done.

But they are not going to be a top four side with that halves pairing.”

Ennis believes the Bulldogs have to have an experienced halves pairing to end the Bulldogs’ finals drought this season.

“Kieran Foran they can’t get him back quick enough, but they really need to invest in Josh Reynolds,” Ennis said.

“It is 18 months with this short season and if ever you need someone like Josh Reynolds it is this season.

“I was really frustrated with the Bulldogs for a period of time with some of the decisions that were made.

“It was because I saw players like James Graham, Josh Reynolds and Dale Finucane be allowed to walk out the door. I don’t think I need to say anything else.”
Cheers for adding this. Never works when I try.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I notice he mentions James Graham at the end of the article too. The Dogs haven’t got many things right in recruitment over the last few years but they got it absolutely spot on with Graham and Grub leaving at the right time. Ennis is kidding himself if he thinks Grub would lead the club the finals.
If we are any chance of finals football, Foran needs to stay fit and wakeham and averilo need to be in the side. These guys are our future, not Reynolds.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our goal should be to have a competitive team in a year or 2. And for that team to be competitive in the long run. Dont think reynolds is going to help that cause.
1 hes going to take up a spot that potentially can be taken by a younger player 2 hes going to take up space under the cap that can be used for a player that can offer longer term solutions. Not to mention a minor point like we would help and ease cap issue for a competition.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2 year deal for 350k and the tigers would pay half hos contract. It's a good deal for us. Reynolds has been good for the tigers when he has played. He is a competitor and would win us games
He has become far too injury prone. That's not what we need. If he had played the past 2 seasons without injury, then maybe worth a punt. But he hasn't.
Besides, we have a number of halves atm, what we need is a strike back, and a quality backrower, not a stop gap half/hooker.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we are any chance of finals football, For an needs to stay fit and wakeham and averilo need to be in the side. These guys are our future, not Reynolds.
I can't see us making the finals unless there's so type of miracle and we get 3 gun players into the squad.

As you say get the games into Wakeham, Averillo and other young players that have a genuine future.