Call me nostradamus

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I still believe so yes (especially CHN). But the Dogs are always made an example of.

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes. the penalty should be revisited especially for CHN.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There can be only 1 Nostradamus on the kennel.. as per Kennel rules it can be settled with a garlic chicken Competition ...

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lets see if this affects the players on field.
Dean Pay said he would not stand up for these 2 players, Hence the sack etc etc .... so lets now see what the real costs for the club are when they return to the field of play shortly

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nrl de registers 2 of our players less than 2 months ago and ado car & Mitchell commit multiple serious offenses firearms and non social distancing and the NRL simply give them a fine. I do hope our esteemed leadership at the bulldogs are pursuing the NRL with a vengance asking for an explanation as to how we cop de registrations, lose sponsors and suffer more indignity at the hands of an inept, incompetent and corrupt administrative body in the NRL and these 2 other clubs have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING imposed on them. Its beyond appalling. Its an absolute disgrace.

I think most Aussies were over the initial were all gonna die feeling and towards the end of full restrictions had made their minds up and started to "break social distancing rules". (This includes Cleary also, he should just of been honest from the start).

A lot of blokes especially in the bush will shoot a target etc without a shooters license.

Not sure that the Dogs were hard done by.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can you say you aren't sure the dogs were hard done by? Both covid 19 and firearms offenses carry fines and jail terms. All offenders since have been criminally convicted by police for offenses & our boys didn't even cop a fine. Blind freddy can see that is a MASSIVE discrepancy in penalty handed out by the NRL.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty easy I just type on a keyboard, but seriously I see your point (no law was broken and some schoolgirls are smoking hot), however.

After Coffs Harbour, every Dogs player would surely be aware of whats acceptable behaviour in relation to sex on trips away.

Sex with schoolgirls in the teams motel you met whilst on an official club visit to their school is surely not on the list of do's.

That to me explains why the Dogs did not argue with decision plus we lost sponsors who viewed this behaviour in a dim light.

In regards to the NRL decision.

The way I see it,It's no different to teachers having sex with students, they are sacked immediately, regardless if they are over 16 and a willing participant.

But hey thats my opinion and I have one blue and one white eye plus they were 2 of the players I wanted retained moving forward.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
How can you say you aren't sure the dogs were hard done by? Both covid 19 and firearms offenses carry fines and jail terms. All offenders since have been criminally convicted by police for offenses & our boys didn't even cop a fine. Blind freddy can see that is a MASSIVE discrepancy in penalty handed out by the NRL.
AGREE!!!! Importantly it's the same fucking Code of Conduct that has been broken in all these instances. There is only one Code of Conduct. Its just the penalty has been inconsistent. Its either broken or its not.

When drafting the Code of Conduct did the drafters take potential consequences into account when the Code is broken? Did the drafters consider a breach of the Code which is also unlawful in society as potentially doing more damage to the game than a breach which doesn't actually break any laws?

Its the reputation of the game that matters here. So street fighting, wife bashing, dragging your girlfriend by the hair across the road, breaking covid lockdown, illegal discharge of a firearm, fighting with police, drink driving....all these things...punishable by law and potential jail time don't bring the game into disrepute? But consensual sex with some girls does?

Its either incompetence on the part of the games administrators or its straight out unsupportable bias. Which one is it?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
They still have court appearances though and not convicted. I dare say the punishment from the NRL may depend on the court outcomes too

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They still have court appearances though and not convicted. I dare say the punishment from the NRL may depend on the court outcomes too
...and yet the punishment of our players was not dependent on any court conviction because the only court they were court-martialed from was a kangaroo court called the NRL At the time this occurred I posted that I could cop it on the chin as long as the NRL did the same for consequent offenses. We have had 4 indiscrentions since then & all have been more serious (as indicated by criminal charges & fines) yet not one of them got anywhere near the penalty our club and the 2 players concerned copped. Its fucking appalling.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
...and yet the punishment of our players was not dependent on any court conviction because the only court they were court-martialed from was a kangaroo court called the NRL At the time this occurred I posted that I could cop it on the chin as long as the NRL did the same for consequent offenses. We have had 4 indiscrentions since then & all have been more serious (as indicated by criminal charges & fines) yet not one of them got anywhere near the penalty our club and the 2 players concerned copped. Its fucking appalling.
It is and I agree with you but it was a punishment determined after all investigations were concluded, the others are ongoing