Predicted Dogs Team for R3

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
With Pay's recruiting history, he'll probably bring in Clay Priest again. Problem solved.
I’m not sure they are even looking to recruit. Pay said he was happy with what he has and they haven’t even announced that anyone has been promoted. Our squad had massive holes in it to begin with we can’t get away with not filling those 3 vacant roster spots.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is matt doorey really that bad? We lost two second rowers and his name still has not been mentioned.
Are we buying too many fringe first graders that our younger players cannot be promoted? Pitovao is another example. I think hes been playing in the middle last season or 2. Doesnt look like hes going to play nrl soon with sue, smith and britt in front of him.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is matt doorey really that bad? We lost two second rowers and his name still has not been mentioned.
Are we buying too many fringe first graders that our younger players cannot be promoted? Pitovao is another example. I think hes been playing in the middle last season or 2. Doesnt look like hes going to play nrl soon with sue, smith and britt in front of him.
That’s the biggest problem with the current NRL squad there’s too many fringe NRL players that are blocking the juniors coming into first grade. We have 7/8 proven NRL players and the rest are fringe players that have been in and out of NRL at a number of clubs and failed to stamp themselves as first graders or players very early in their career.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe he has got a great attitude and good defence...
If he is convinced, he could became a team work-horse !!!
I’ve been one of his biggest supporters however....
Unfortunately he’s cut from a different cloth. Yes he has a great attitude, yes he can defend. He can’t set a single attacking play let alone direct a full set of 6.His mobility,speed & agility are his glaring weaknesses. Can’t see him featuring in the halves (barring injuries ). Not mobile enough to play on an edge or centre or lock. Could be useful #14 at very best.

By workhorse I presume you mean plodders- our roster is littered with plodders/workhorses. Sure they’ll never lose you a game; but they will never won you one either.

Last edited:

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is Topine ready?
Not sure mate. If im not mistaken, you have to be 19 to play nrl. He was playing schoolboys last year. Plus he only had a handful of u20 games. May be next year more likely

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure mate. If im not mistaken, you have to be 19 to play nrl. He was playing schoolboys last year. Plus he only had a handful of u20 games. May be next year more likely
It's 18 to play nrl

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doorey is the next cab of the rank followed by Pitovao Doorey is a good player its just if he is ready for the next step he a Josh Jackson clone imo

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is Topine ready?
I think Topine really needs a full season in Canterbury cup 1st he will be a gun his just not ready yet he only 18 don't turn 19 till August he struggled in the seniors trials during the pre season with the pace of the game its a shame that he don't get game time this year in Canterbury cup

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I feel like CHN was really coming into the year in form as well :( he is definitely big loss. He would have worked well with Foran running to.
SO SO disappointed still regarding CHN. I’m dreading the day soon where he’ll be in another teams jersey absolutely tearing up the opposition. Two clubs have already officially enquired about his services for season 2021.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
SO SO disappointed still regarding CHN. I’m dreading the day soon where he’ll be in another teams jersey absolutely tearing up the opposition. Two clubs have already officially enquired about his services for season 2021.
I’m holding hope he comes back to us. He was becoming my favourite player.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I predict that at least 5 players will be playing put of position, we will continue with no game plan and the bench will be misused.
Put your house on it :(

dibbie83

Waterboy
Reaction score
1. Averillo
2. Smith
3. Hopoate
4. Dwz
5. Meaney
6. Foran
7. Cogger
8. Napa
9. Wakeham
10. Britt
11. Rfm
12. Elliot
13. Jackson
Love to c this team

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Foran plays I would like to see Wakeham at 1/2. I think he needs an experienced 5/8 alongside him to give him confidence and to push him into having a go, use his skillset. I don't have that same opinion if the others halves play, they simply don't have the experience to give him what he needs right now.

Go Dogs
Go Dogs