Call me nostradamus

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you will find it was the Bulldogs who suggested the penalties and the NRL endorsed them.
I liked both players but both had to go unfortunately
Nrl de registers 2 of our players less than 2 months ago and ado car & Mitchell commit multiple serious offenses firearms and non social distancing and the NRL simply give them a fine. I do hope our esteemed leadership at the bulldogs are pursuing the NRL with a vengance asking for an explanation as to how we cop de registrations, lose sponsors and suffer more indignity at the hands of an inept, incompetent and corrupt administrative body in the NRL and these 2 other clubs have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING imposed on them. Its beyond appalling. Its an absolute disgrace.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the fact that no girls were involved, and the term "culture" was used, had a big influence on the penalties.
Cleary had a room full of girls, ( it actually looked like a reverse Gang Bang ) & they all looked under aged & on top of that they were drinking Corona Beer,
and Adocar & Mitchell looked like they were completing the " Ivan Milat Advanced Serial Killer Course ". Can you just imagine if they were Bulldog players?, the Media would have gone bezerk And they would have copped life sentences with no possibility for parole. NRL - what a JOKE.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cleary had a room full of girls, ( it actually looked like a reverse Gang Bang ) & they all looked under aged & on top of that they were drinking Corona Beer,
and Adocar & Mitchell looked like they were completing the " Ivan Milat Advanced Serial Killer Course ". Can you just imagine if they were Bulldog players?, the Media would have gone bezerk And they would have copped life sentences with no possibility for parole. NRL - what a JOKE.
It’s a good point you made about Cleary, those girls did look underage and were drinking. Why hasn’t anyone in the media enquired about the ages of these girls and what will come of Clearys lies ...

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cleary had a room full of girls, ( it actually looked like a reverse Gang Bang ) & they all looked under aged
It’s a good point you made about Cleary, those girls did look underage and were drinking
They are Nathan's sisters friends.

His sister Indi is 21. So they would be around that age.

Also they were fined, so the police would know their ages.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are Nathan's sisters friends.

His sister Indi is 21. So they would be around that age.

Also they were fined, so the police would know their ages.
Yeh well the girls that our 2 players got sacked & shamed over weren't under aged either, & Cleary lied with his first apology so can you really trust him?
how do we really know if they were his sisters friends? and if they were why was he filmed doing aerobic dancing with them when everyone else is locked in down & copping heavy fines and even being jailed. Really it was all played down by the Media, The NRL & the Law. Like I said before "Imagine If a Bulldog player had done something like that ? "

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It is an absolute embarrassment that they did not go harder, and of course Addo-Carr and Mitchell are dealt with lightly because they default to the "we wanted to get connected with the land" excuse...

I don't have much sympathy for Okunbor and it is clearly obvious that CHN was dealt with far too harshly, but the biggest issue was there own stupidity.

I know the NRL has since apologised, but boy do I feel for Mitchell Pearce. > 100k fine, half the season and left out to dry by the NRL for really just being a goose.

Players should not be treated differently because of how many rep games they have played or their status in the game!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was originally commenting on the Mitchell and Addo-Carr incidents, and wasn't aware of what Cleary had been up to - and you are correct, had any of those players ever donned a Bulldogs outfit, that photo would have been plastered all over the front pages.

The fact that the girls were deliberately flouting the social distancing rules, and Cleary was up front and personal endorsing what they were up to, I shudder to think what the headlines would have said had he been a Bulldog. Goes to show how powerful some clubs personalities are when it comes to punishment.

I reckon Greenberg would have given them tougher penalties.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I walked in about half way through but on Nine News earlier this week (maybe late last week) there was video of a guy being arrested while wearing a Canberra Raiders shirt. I've tried to find a picture/video on line without success but I can imagine it would have been front page news if he was wearing a Bulldogs shirt. Headlines like Bulldogs Supporter Arrested would have been everywhere.

Go Dogs

Thegoldtoothrat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
2 players have court notices and get a fine that’s is mostly reduced and suspended.

2 players have no court notices but are rubbed out of the game and one might struggle to play top line footy again.

Yep. Nrl is still going like it used to :p
You sign an agreement with the nrl and they broke that. Just like there not allowed to talk to cheergirls.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One word - "schoolgirls".

The implication that a "child" was taken advantage of sits differently in the public mind. And it was a reminder of the motel room incident at Coffs.

We carry old baggage - but it does make me wonder what the penalty might have been had we signed both players, as many Kennelers wanted.
Funny thing about Coffs was it was in the outdoor spa, not in the room.

It was when she turned up the next night she knocked on numerous doors and was yelling out.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Funny thing about Coffs was it was in the outdoor spa, not in the room.

It was when she turned up the next night she knocked on numerous doors and was yelling out.
True. And that was the official police report.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nrl de registers 2 of our players less than 2 months ago and ado car & Mitchell commit multiple serious offenses firearms and non social distancing and the NRL simply give them a fine. I do hope our esteemed leadership at the bulldogs are pursuing the NRL with a vengance asking for an explanation as to how we cop de registrations, lose sponsors and suffer more indignity at the hands of an inept, incompetent and corrupt administrative body in the NRL and these 2 other clubs have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING imposed on them. Its beyond appalling. Its an absolute disgrace.
Can you do me a favour, & kick down the door to NRL HQ and say that there is a new Sheriff in town!
Make the bastards honest I say

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So let me call it here. Cody Walker will not be deregistered, Souths will not be fined, Walker will not even be given any game suspension. This is because Souths are one of the teflon teams of the NRL. Every other team can tarnish NRl's brand with no repercussions.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So let me call it here. Cody Walker will not be deregistered, Souths will not be fined, Walker will not even be given any game suspension. This is because Souths are one of the teflon teams of the NRL. Every other team can tarnish NRl's brand with no repercussions.
Glory Glory.
Fucken WWE, oh whoops sorry I mean the NRL.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cody will captain/coach Nsw and Australia on the back of this and he will be commended for coming forward about the extortion attempt and he will be seen as the victim/hero :p

the guy that was getting kicked in the head and the person who obtained the footage and tried to sell it will be the evil ones here :p

Last edited:

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Billy slater must be happy he copied his kicking style

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think the Club and New heads at the NRL should be reinstating both players and just issuing fines for the breach by both players.

In light of what has taken place with other players recently, and the fact they deregistered both these young guys ending there Careers and No income, is very harsh.

They did not break any Laws and this sacking has been a way over top reaction.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
NRL has been abusing Bulldogs for a long time now.. RSPCA should investigate