Opinion Tolman and the pack in the future

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tolman stays ....starting front row every game he is available for next 2 maybe 3 years and then sees out his career in our bench. Him and Jackson have been our most consistent for years. Napa had a pretty good start last year and curbed his Ill-discipline under Tolman and Jackson’s leadership. Off the field I reckon he’s a massive positive influence and on the field he can still hold his own. Seeing the likes of Ennis and Graham playing in another club’s colours is heartbreaking. Don’t ever let that happen to with Tolman (or Jackson)....never ever!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Tolman stays ....starting front row every game he is available for next 2 maybe 3 years and then sees out his career in our bench. Him and Jackson have been our most consistent for years. Napa had a pretty good start last year and curbed his Ill-discipline under Tolman and Jackson’s leadership. Off the field I reckon he’s a massive positive influence and on the field he can still hold his own. Seeing the likes of Ennis and Graham playing in another club’s colours is heartbreaking. Don’t ever let that happen to with Tolman (or Jackson)....never ever!
What do you mean by holding his own? Being out there? I think he's good for his leadership qualities but I don't think he offers enough as a player (just go through all the NRL teams starting props, he isn't anywhere near the top half). I don't think many, if any, NRL clubs will be chasing him. Maybe the Titans for those leadership qualities but I see him retiring or going to the Super League for some $. We lost Ennis and Graham while they were still good players, Graham was starting to decline tho (I think he showed that in his last season with us anyways).

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im concerned. If Tols is moved on whose gonna put their hand up to run that wasted 4th tackle hittup inside the opposition 10mtrs?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Im concerned. If Tols is moved on whose gonna put their hand up to run that wasted 4th tackle hittup inside the opposition 10mtrs?
Why is he being given the ball in that area? Everyone can see he's one dimensional. It starts getting to the point where you can't even blame Tolman anymore. It just looks like a weak option from the halves and hooker (we've done it under two different coaches and multiple halves and hookers tho).

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just looked him up. Shows how much I follow other players :p I didn’t even know he played rep footy :sweatsmile: is he that good? I never knew he was a kangaroo.

If Toomanga, Britt and Ogden can develop I think our middle forwards (assuming Thompson fires and Napa finds some impact and consistency) are solid. They should be able to compete with most other packs (maybe barring broncos). But in terms of speed, size, strength and skill in our back row we are a bit short. Especially if Stimson doesn’t fire next season.
He was a machine at the Storm and deservingly a rep player. Unfortunately he was hampered with injuries and had a knee reco last year and missed most of the 2019 season. Again, he is 27 and you’d say in his prime for a front row forward. No one is saying pay overs BUT surely we need more muscle and aggression upfront which means we should be atkeast looking at him as a prospect

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He was a machine at the Storm and deservingly a rep player. Unfortunately he was hampered with injuries and had a knee reco last year and missed most of the 2019 season. Again, he is 27 and you’d say in his prime for a front row forward. No one is saying pay overs BUT surely we need more muscle and aggression upfront which means we should be atkeast looking at him as a prospect
I’d take him. Any player that makes the kangaroos isn’t a bum. He is probably better then anything we have anyways and that’s including Thompson next year.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cant really understand the hate for Aiden Tolman. I know he's not the flashiest prop around, but he always gives 100%.
A few of the other gun forwards we have cannot claim to do that. I don't have a problem if he's moved on, as long as they replace
him with someone who is better than him. Napa and Toomaga may be his equal in some respects, but they are not better.
Hopefully Luke Thompson may be the answer we need.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tolman has been great but he screws any chance of us getting roll ons and how he always manages to get in the way and waste a hit up when we attacking the line the amount r of times he done it and still got no tries

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
go after walmsley.. thompson partner

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We have had this fucker in our team for so long and is now the best time to let him go ? Vlandys wants the interchange at 6 next season. One could argue keeping him, I'd like to see Elliot put on more mass instead and have him be the mobile bench middle forward of sorts. I do think with the interchange rule players that have a tendency to be lazy like Napa will be found out alot more

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
go after walmsley.. thompson partner
Walmsley turned 30 last month and over the last 5 years or so has had several good offers, from more than one team, to come to the NRL without any success.

Go Dogs

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
There have been many threads looking to the future, to better times ahead, we hope! I'm 2021 I think we're sure that our pack will look much different. This has to come with a few changes that's sure. This would be both in recruitment and retention and we may have to ditch some of our hardest serving players.

One of those would be Tolman. A great servent to the club and very underrated. I believe that he has got about 1-2 years left in him be that on the bench or at something like lock. He would be a mentor to our younger props and would help immensely.

In 2021 and the years ahead we would definitely sign a few forwards. A bunch of them could be:
Jamil Hopoate
Christian Welch
Francis Molo
James Fisher Harris
Nat Butcher
Ethan Bullamore
Toby Rudolf
Billy Magoulias
Alex Walmsley
Elisea Katoa
Tyrell Fuimano
Bunty Afoa
Agnatious Passi
Nelson Asofa Solomona
James Tamou
That's a lot of options which I'm pretty sure are available over the next 2-3 years. Some we could get for this year. If in 2021 we are unable to gather many great forwards then we should resign Tolman. If we can't get more than 1-2 props, 2-3 Backrowers (Depending on CHN) and 1-2 locks then I believe that we are in trouble.

Thoughts guys;
Rudolph just signed with warriors for 3-4 years
And Katoa re signed with the warriors for 3 or so years aswell.
Alex walmsley still has a couple years on his contract so does jfh.
But I heard somewhere jfh wanted to link back up with Dwz or it might of been chn.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Rudolph just signed with warriors for 3-4 years
And Katoa re signed with the warriors for 3 or so years aswell.
Alex walmsley still has a couple years on his contract so does jfh.
But I heard somewhere jfh wanted to link back up with Dwz or it might of been chn.
CHN and JFH were close/lived together when coming up/over from where ever they were. So it probably was CHN.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
CHN and JFH were close/lived together when coming up/over from where ever they were. So it probably was CHN.
Yeah could be. I think he’s good mates with Dwz aswell.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant really understand the hate for Aiden Tolman. I know he's not the flashiest prop around, but he always gives 100%.
A few of the other gun forwards we have cannot claim to do that. I don't have a problem if he's moved on, as long as they replace
him with someone who is better than him. Napa and Toomaga may be his equal in some respects, but they are not better.
Hopefully Luke Thompson may be the answer we need.
Honestly at the moment u could find 20 players,who can do exactly what Tolman does,a robot could do it he is programmed to run sideways 5 metres and die with the ball,

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Honestly at the moment u could find 20 players,who can do exactly what Tolman does,a robot could do it he is programmed to run sideways 5 metres and die with the ball,
So who do we have that is better than him? Napa and Toomaga might be but thats about it.
Ogden promised a lot and delivered nothing. So who else is there ATM. Also, there is no one of much merit, on the for sale list.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tolman, too small, can't off load or make metres, hog and doesn't hurt opposition in defence.

Apart from that everything you need in a Prop.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
The game changes every year. With the new rules and one ref the game will change again. Mobile packs and running 9s, halves are already the thing the way to go but may see it change a little more with smaller locks and tolman style props.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There have been many threads looking to the future, to better times ahead, we hope! I'm 2021 I think we're sure that our pack will look much different. This has to come with a few changes that's sure. This would be both in recruitment and retention and we may have to ditch some of our hardest serving players.

One of those would be Tolman. A great servent to the club and very underrated. I believe that he has got about 1-2 years left in him be that on the bench or at something like lock. He would be a mentor to our younger props and would help immensely.

In 2021 and the years ahead we would definitely sign a few forwards. A bunch of them could be:
Jamil Hopoate
Christian Welch
Francis Molo
James Fisher Harris
Nat Butcher
Ethan Bullamore
Toby Rudolf
Billy Magoulias
Alex Walmsley
Elisea Katoa
Tyrell Fuimano
Bunty Afoa
Agnatious Passi
Nelson Asofa Solomona
James Tamou
That's a lot of options which I'm pretty sure are available over the next 2-3 years. Some we could get for this year. If in 2021 we are unable to gather many great forwards then we should resign Tolman. If we can't get more than 1-2 props, 2-3 Backrowers (Depending on CHN) and 1-2 locks then I believe that we are in trouble.

Thoughts guys;
What about some frickin speedy outside backs.....sick of having the worst backs in the comp