Major Sponsor

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
Guys did anyone see on channel 9 news I think we had a major sponsor on our jerseys. I do think it was just a dedication cause I'm pretty sure it said Australian Health Care.

Reaction score
Look like on Ch 7 major sponsor was Australian Building Centre
Guys did anyone see on channel 9 news I think we had a major sponsor on our jerseys. I do think it was just a dedication cause I'm pretty sure it said Australian Health Care.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s not a new sponsor for some reason they were wearing jerseys from 2015 at training today! The one with Australian Building Centre is the under 20’s jersey from 2015.
59FDD733-4B8C-4FE6-96F9-F27BB84AE1FD.jpeg

Alex Hunter

Dog4Life
Reaction score
I’ve got a bit of money in the bank. How much do you think they’d want?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Heard the dogs are close to signing a deal with the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT!!! JOB KEEPER looking the goods.

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
Sure I read somewhere that if we didn’t get one , that Canterbury leagues will help us out. That was before the lockdown !

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Let's take a moment to realise how much better those jerseys look.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Palmer United Party? Didnt he buy a shitload of useless vaccines he needs to offload. C19 with a big red cross threw it would look sick on the front of our jerseys.
That's probably hydroxachloraquine - an early stage effective drug treatment as long as you don't have heart disease, rather than vaccines I think your referring to. I have it on good authority Virgin Airlines are looking at us.They were impressed with our school liaison work pre virus. One slogan could be If you cant Board a Virgin... try to have a nice time anyway.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Let's take a moment to realise how much better those jerseys look.
What I would give you have a company like Emirates or Samsung sponsor us :unamused:

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What I would give you have a company like Emirates or Samsung sponsor us :unamused:
A blue coloured Samsung logo would be a killer look for us.

You'd almost take the sponsorship for less just to give off a premium look, which in turn would gather us more interest from other companies that want to share that Jersey space.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

You'd almost take the sponsorship for less just to give off a premium look, which in turn would gather us more interest from other companies that want to share that Jersey space.
Exactly right - that's what I'm thinking.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Samsung make defective products.

so the 2 organizations will suit each other

fyi - I use Samsung products

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Attracting a major international brand is hardly normal these days - especially for the crowded Sydney NRL club market.

Sydney Team Sponsors (other than Bulldogs):

Penrith - OAK - known outside Australia? Unlikely.
Parra - Aland - known outside Australia? Unlikely.
Dragons - St. George Bank (a subsidiary of Westpac) - nice name association but known outside Australia? Unlikely.
Chooks - Steggles - nice brand association - but known outside Australia? Unlikely.
Tigers - Brydens Lawyers - known outside Australia? Unlikely (and their Chairman is the principal at Brydens too).
Soufs - Aqualand - known outside Australia? Unlikely.
Manly - URM - known outside Australia? Unlikely.
Sharks - Duracote Roofing - known outside the Shire? :-) Unlikely.

One team town sponsors:

Titans - Neds - known outside Australia? Unlikely. They are now a subsidiary of Ladbrokes (yes, known outside Australia).
Knights - NIB - known outside Australia? Unlikely.
Storm - Red Zed - known outside Australia? Unlikely.
Ponies: KIA - tick for international brand (and their data would've told them to go to a market where they got better bang for buck and they still didn't walk completely away from the Dogs, so they must believe there's some value there).
Cowboys: Toyota - tick for international brand.
Warriors: Vodafone - tick for international brand.
Raiders: Huawei - tick for international brand, but one that was banned from taking part in Australia's 5G Network build due to security concerns from Chinese companies - so how long will this sponsorship last?

So that's 25% of clubs across the NRL with big international brands sponsoring them. Even the back-to-back Premiers and glamour clubs like the Storm can't pull off a major international brand these days.
So the fact that we had Rashays was a good win when compared to other Sydney clubs.
The NRL simply doesn't have the global following that say the EPL or NFL have. This was supposed to be what Super League was going to achieve for rugby league and we all saw what happened there.
And the more indiscretions from players, the harder it will be to get them too.

It would be great to see major international brands again sponsoring NRL clubs - remember Hyundai (Bulldogs), Reebok (Sharks), Pepsi (Manly), BP (Newcastle), Citibank (Bears) - but in today's climate it's not very realistic - and probably more so post the Rona for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
They could put a "your logo here" patch on like they do with empty billboards

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cowboys: Toyota - tick for international brand.
The Cowboys Toyota sponsorship is just a group of local dealerships in North Queensland that got together rather then Toyota Australia.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The Cowboys Toyota sponsorship is just a group of local dealerships in North Queensland that got together rather then Toyota Australia.
Which gives even more credence to what I was saying in response to suggestions that Samsung etc are viable sponsors in the current climate.
Toyota is a big international brand, but marketing budgets are usually always local decisions in country. You can be sure that American Express advertising decisions for Australia are not made in New York - because they have no idea about what works here and what doesn't.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which gives even more credence to what I was saying in response to suggestions that Samsung etc are viable sponsors in the current climate.
Toyota is a big international brand, but marketing budgets are usually always local decisions in country. You can be sure that American Express advertising decisions for Australia are not made in New York - because they have no idea about what works here and what doesn't.
Love your work Dinkum.