Only 6 venues to be used by the NRL for the first few rounds

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Central Coast Stadium= Warriors, Knights, Sea Eagles.

Campbelltown Stadium= Tigers, Raiders, Dragons, Sharks.

Bankwest Stadium= Eels, Panthers, Bulldogs, Roosters, Rabbitohs.

Suncorp Stadium= Broncos & Titans.

Queensland Country Bank Stadium= Cowboys.

AAMI= Storm.

Last edited:

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems a bit left field but I’d and when they redevelop anz stadium I can’t see why we set up shop at Campbelltown it’s a nice venue close to a hub of our supporters I love bankwest the tigers don’t use c town as much as it should .
Remember back in the day when they were gonna build that stadium at Liverpool how mad it would have been

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We are at our winning ground lol, good start !!

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Roosters been playing front of empty seats for years
Should suit them down to the ground

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Has anz redevelopment started anyone know?
Not yet.
Scheduled to close 30 June but that was with playing Origin there in the plan just a few days before closing and that’s very unlikely to happen. They haven’t sent comms to members on any changed plan to date so at this stage likely still closes 30 June, even if no games are played there beforehand.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not yet.
Scheduled to close 30 June but that was with playing Origin there in the plan just a few days before closing and that’s very unlikely to happen. They haven’t sent comms to members on any changed plan to date so at this stage likely still closes 30 June, even if no games are played there beforehand.
Yeah only 6 weeks away. Hope they start it sooner.
We need that redevelopment to boost our club IMO.
Parra have taken huge strides with theirs.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Agree mate. Safe bet to assume no Origin there as originally scheduled and also assuming they won’t feature in the restart they should get the machines rolling and start earlier. We won’t play there until season 2023 regardless but good to build in extra buffer for wet weather or other interruptions.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
they didnt deserve any of it either... cheated for years and got spoon. can count themselves very lucky the powers that be went incredibly soft on them...

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don’t quote me on this, because I think it’s wrong. But I think there was talk of moving it until the end of the season to accomodate the GF and origin, which seems silly to me. Even the July thing seemed silly. Why leave a virtually empty stadium sitting there from October to play 2 games in June.

But it wouldn’t surprise me if the redevelopment doesn’t happen for a while now. SFS was lucky to get the jump. I was always concerned waiting 8-9 months would throw a spanner in the works.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don’t quote me on this, because I think it’s wrong. But I think there was talk of moving it until the end of the season to accomodate the GF and origin, which seems silly to me. Even the July thing seemed silly. Why leave a virtually empty stadium sitting there from October to play 2 games in June.

But it wouldn’t surprise me if the redevelopment doesn’t happen for a while now. SFS was lucky to get the jump. I was always concerned waiting 8-9 months would throw a spanner in the works.
I still reckon ANZ stadium needed doing way before Allianz did, but you know, Roosters get privilege.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I still reckon ANZ stadium needed doing way before Allianz did, but you know, Roosters get privilege.
Allianz failed it's public safety audit, wouldn't have been issued a venue licence for 2020, was also refused public liability insurance for the same reason. There was no choice but to demolish it as the major problems couldn't be rectified within the existing structure.

As much as I like dumping shit on the Chooks, this one was not of their doing.

Go Dogs

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Exactly. Fair enough maybe the bathroom
Facilities weren’t great at the sfs. But it was a purpose built football stadium. Don’t know why it needed a knock down and rebuild. I actually thought it was great for footy.

ANZ is a track and field stadium. It’s slanted too far out for atmosphere in the middle of the field. It can’t fit AFL or cricket. And is not suited to the cauldron for Nrl.

I was saying it all along. SFS just needed an update. Maybe a new stand on one side to get the “corporate seats” politis wanted (so they can get maybe 2000 more people attending to bring yo their attendance to 6000/game). New facilities and bathrooms. They just had a new screen put in. Don’t know why it needed a complete rebuild.

But like you said. Liberal politics protecting their greatest asset which is the eastern suburbs. While 3-4 teams play out of a stadium that you can barely get a decent view of footy from 80% of the seats.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Allianz failed it's public safety audit, wouldn't have been issued a venue licence for 2020, was also refused public liability insurance for the same reason. There was no choice but to demolish it as the major problems couldn't be rectified within the existing structure.

Go Dogs
To be fair I think it could have been rectified. I had read some reports that stated all it needed was 110 million to bring it up to code. Even double or triple that would have been reasonable. Fair enough safety standards have come a long way in 30 years.

It’s just a shame that probably the best viewing football stadium in the state was a knockdown rebuild. And the Olympic stadium which isn’t suited to NRL at all is just getting redeveloped.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
To be fair I think it could have been rectified. I had read some reports that stated all it needed was 110 million to bring it up to code. Even double or triple that would have been reasonable. Fair enough safety standards have come a long way in 30 years.

It’s just a shame that probably the best viewing football stadium in the state was a knockdown rebuild. And the Olympic stadium which isn’t suited to NRL at all is just getting redeveloped.
From what I have seen of the plans and models, ANZ will be highly suitable for square field games (league, soccer, rugby) once it is redeveloped.

Allianz had concrete rot, with encapsulated rusting reinforcement, the number of toilets was 40% under the minimum, fire containment plus the sprinkler system was not remotely up to standard and neither was wheelchair access. etc etc. The main problem was the entries and exits could not accommodate the number of people in the required amount of time for an evacuation, such as a fire or other mass emergency. They couldn't be simply expended as the existing structures wouldn't hold them and they wasn't sufficient space available to make them stand alone. The cost estimates to fix all of the problems was greater than the demolish and rebuild cost. It really was a no alternative decision.

Go Dogs