News Bulldogs focus on Wakeham, Foran as prospect of Reynolds return fades

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
oh yeah and then a club sweeps him up and we get caught with our pants down and then he wins a comp with some other club.

if he a knowledges his next contract will be a downgrade let’s sign him up now because when he is playing he is one of the best!
Possible but highly unlikely.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’d rather him off the bench but use him as a super sub like the Storm did with Papsmear. He isn’t the experienced at fullback and I’m not sure putting him back there is really doing the right thing by the kid. If he came on in the back end of the halves he could really cause some damage plus you have the entire backline covered if there’s a injury.
He definitely offers great utility value, but if foran and wakeham are our halves moving forward, especially if foran is resigned, then Averilo has to be in the starting side IMO. So fb should be his spot.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He definitely offers great utility value, but if foran and wakeham are our halves moving forward, especially if foran is resigned, then Averilo has to be in the starting side IMO. So fb should be his spot.
If he is going to start I like him at centre he’s played plenty of that in the lower grades so he’s familiar with it. He learns to defend in the front line and still gets his hands on the ball plenty of times. I just think it’s asking a bit much putting him at fullback at the minute. In saying all that I’m not that fussed as long as he’s in the 17 if Pay picks Holland over him he deserves the sack.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What has Foran done when he’s taken the field to suggest he’s anywhere worth a million dollars when fit like some suggest in this thread? The guy hardly controls a game he’s no Smith , Cronk , Tedesco , Slater. Yeah he’s a good player but hardly worth a million dollars from what he’s shown the past 5 seasons on the field throw in his injury history on top and he’s clearly a dud buy. He’s more like Hunt then then Smith. If he’s he doesn’t sign for 300k or less fuck him off

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I’d rather him off the bench but use him as a super sub like the Storm did with Papsmear. He isn’t the experienced at fullback and I’m not sure putting him back there is really doing the right thing by the kid. If he came on in the back end of the halves he could really cause some damage plus you have the entire backline covered if there’s a injury.
Agree mate. If Foran is starting with Wakeham then Averillo has to be 14. That’s why I really don’t like the idea of signing Reynolds.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
the club in talks with foran already lol, what are they scared another club is going to come in and sign a busted up player whos breaks down from just sneezing
Seems like they are struggling to attract a great recruit.. salary cap cant be the excuse anymore..

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The obvious issue is the team can never be successful with young halves as his body is so unreliable,he really needs a big season from now on if his body doesn’t last all season wed be lunatics to re sign him unless ridiculously cheap

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If he is going to start I like him at centre he’s played plenty of that in the lower grades so he’s familiar with it. He learns to defend in the front line and still gets his hands on the ball plenty of times. I just think it’s asking a bit much putting him at fullback at the minute. In saying all that I’m not that fussed as long as he’s in the 17 if Pay picks Holland over him he deserves the sack.
I'm not suggesting he plays fb in round 3. He can play off the bench for the remainder of the year, but then if he is good enough, he is old enough, give him a ft gig. The kid is a wuality half, but with an athletic gift. I think he would be fantastic at fb.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not suggesting he plays fb in round 3. He can play off the bench for the remainder of the year, but then if he is good enough, he is old enough, give him a ft gig. The kid is a wuality half, but with an athletic gift. I think he would be fantastic at fb.
DWZ has hardly shown he’s the answer at fb either. Throwing Averillo in at fb could be a master stroke similar to when Michael Morgan was playing fb for the Cowboys

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DWZ has hardly shown he’s the answer at fb either. Throwing Averillo in at fb could be a master stroke similar to when Michael Morgan was playing fb for the Cowboys
I’m sure that Des has done his homework and would be instructing DCE to test out Dallin with some nice bombs,
He needs to show safety and confidence to be playing FB,if not Dean has to take swift action.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m sure that Des has done his homework and would be instructing DCE to test out Dallin with some nice bombs,
He needs to show safety and confidence to be playing FB,if not Dean has to take swift action.
When has Pay shown swift action while coach of the Bulldogs?

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When has Pay shown swift action while coach of the Bulldogs?
I know what you’re saying he does seem to give players extended time to prove themselves
That trend could have changed if we take the Lewis exit from the field in round 2 as an example.
Perhaps his patience is running a bit thin this year fully understanding the urgency for results.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reynolds looked creative at the Tigers and if they don't need him that bad a return to Belmore would be great even if he rotated at hooker.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
DWZ has shown he has too many errors in his game at this stage. He has some good moments, but he also doesn't have a great array of ball skills, as others have mentioned. I'd actually rather see Meaney get another crack at fb, and then later on have Averilo transition into the role. It's a no brainer for me.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Re-signing Foran would be as big a mistake as signing Reynolds would be. The club need to look to the future and stop living in the past.

You just can't rely on Foran due to his constant injuries. People point out how good he is when he plays (he's had several shockers where he did nothing also) but they underestimate the impact him being in and out of the team has and the disruption it causes.

Re-signing a player who we have the data to prove is incapable of playing more than half the games would be sheer madness. Say you sign him to 400k, well you know you're paying him at least 200k to sit out with injury and miss games each year. How anyone can justify this way of thinking is beyond me.

Would anyone here as a business owner pay someone a full salary when they are only going to work half the time? I think not..

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Would anyone here as a business owner pay someone a full salary when they are only going to work half the time? I think not..
We have several employees who are worth $100k a year but they only work 40% of the time (2 days a week) so we only pay them $40k.

Go Dogs