Predicted Dogs Team for R3

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I want and think Meaney can be the answer. B Smith or McInnes are the only other fixes at 9 bar Daryl Clark from Warrington
This is where our club isn’t thinking outside the box. Clubs like the Tigers are leaving up for dead with things like the Harry Grant loan. They get him for a year and have a season to be in his ear about making it permanent.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Meaney for fullback. I thought he has shown enough in his early days to be a potent player in years to come. Yes dwz runs harder on kick returns, but this is suited to winger play these days anyway.

Gubanaculum

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. Avrillo
2.meaney
3.harper
4.dallin
5.smith
6.wakeham
7.foran
8.napa
9.hoppa
10.tolmen
11.jackson
12.rfm
13.britt
14.to omaga
15.ogden
16.elliott
17.jmk

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What happened with zac woolford
Went to Newcastle, told me personally that he was never going to Huddersfield and the Bulldogs told him that he could look elsewhere, then when he started playing well they came back and he said no thankyou. Newcastle kinda shafted him tbh he was looking at playing for Newtown I believe as Cameron Kings replacement but Covid 19 and all...

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Meaney for fullback. I thought he has shown enough in his early days to be a potent player in years to come. Yes dwz runs harder on kick returns, but this is suited to winger play these days anyway.
Agree
Meaney to fullback. Why, cause he is a fullback not a winger. Good under the high ball. DWZ offers nothing more than Meaney at fullback.
DWZ to wing. Why, cause he isnt setting the world on fire at fullback. Has height, strength, isnt expected to pass the ball for the most part. Looks to be what a current day winger looks like.
Smith back to wing. Why because he plays better on the wing and looks out of sorts in the centres.
Straight up 2 positions strengthened and maybe the 3rd now that Meaney has progressed in first grade.
I dont know what Im missing, this just seems so logical to me.
Play players to their strengths in there natural positions first than work out who we need to buy.
Once again, probably missing something, seems like common sense to me.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Avrillo
2.meaney
3.harper
4.dallin
5.smith
6.wakeham
7.foran
8.napa
9.hoppa
10.tolmen
11.jackson
12.rfm
13.britt
14.to omaga
15.ogden
16.elliott
17.jmk
Im all for the averillo experiment at fb. Got pace and some skills. High ceiling. Hoppa did well there and we won a few games but may be not long term solution with his lack of pace. Dont really like other options that we have like dwz and meaney.
Who knows we can get another barba. Could be wrong but dont think barba played much fb before he was put there in first grade. Shaky too in his first year.

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
  1. DWZ
  2. Meany
  3. Averillo
  4. Hoppa
  5. Smith
  6. Foran
  7. Wakeham
  8. Tolman
  9. JMK
  10. Napa
  11. Jackson
  12. Britt
  13. Elliott
  14. Renolyds
  15. RFM
  16. T'Oomonga
  17. Ogden
I think that this is closest to the best side that PAY will but out. I don't think he is that dumb to keep Smith at centre but I think DWZ needs one more chance. Foz back,a letllet him help Wakeham take full reign. I think Pay will drop Lewis. If Katoa doesn't play then JMK has to be 9. Renolyds can be a great back up creative energetic utility. Britt will be great I'm the back row. Add Ogden to the bench and there you go.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Swap Britt with Rfm and Renouf with Tolman. Can't argue with the rest for now. Hooker and fullback still a massive issue. Jmk definitely not our long term hooker. I don't think dwz can be a long term fb but I haven't given up hope on him just yet.
  1. DWZ
  2. Meany
  3. Averillo
  4. Hoppa
  5. Smith
  6. Foran
  7. Wakeham
  8. Tolman
  9. JMK
  10. Napa
  11. Jackson
  12. Britt
  13. Elliott
  14. Renolyds
  15. RFM
  16. T'Oomonga
  17. Ogden
I think that this is closest to the best side that PAY will but out. I don't think he is that dumb to keep Smith at centre but I think DWZ needs one more chance. Foz back,a letllet him help Wakeham take full reign. I think Pay will drop Lewis. If Katoa doesn't play then JMK has to be 9. Renolyds can be a great back up creative energetic utility. Britt will be great I'm the back row. Add Ogden to the bench and there you go.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
  1. DWZ
  2. Meany
  3. Averillo
  4. Hoppa
  5. Smith
  6. Foran
  7. Wakeham
  8. Tolman
  9. JMK
  10. Napa
  11. Jackson
  12. Britt
  13. Elliott
  14. Renolyds
  15. RFM
  16. T'Oomonga
  17. Ogden
Bahahahaha Reynolds

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would change a few things personally but this is the team i genuinely think pay will go with...

1. DWZ
2. Meaney
3. Smith
4. Hoppa
5. Montoya
6. Foran
7. Wakeham
8. Tolman
9. JMK
10. Nappa
11. Elliot
12. Jackson
13. Britt
14. Toomaga
15. RFM
16. Smith
17. Holland / Averillo

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would change a few things personally but this is the team i genuinely think pay will go with...

1. DWZ
2. Meaney
3. Smith
4. Hoppa
5. Montoya
6. Foran
7. Wakeham
8. Tolman
9. JMK
10. Nappa
11. Elliot
12. Jackson
13. Britt
14. Toomaga
15. RFM
16. Smith
17. Holland / Averillo
I've never called for Pay's head before, but if he picks that team I'l join the band wagon.

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Any team with Montoya in it is destined to get reamed. I would rather Crighton, Harper, Holland, Averillo, hell anyone. Montoya is mud!

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have noticed most are leaving Lewis out of the team as most would agree he is not a halfback. Although he lacks a little speed I think he might work as a defensive Centre. God knows we have no real world beaters in the centres anyway other than maybe Hoppa.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have noticed most are leaving Lewis out of the team as most would agree he is not a halfback. Although he lacks a little speed I think he might work as a defensive Centre. God knows we have no real world beaters in the centres anyway other than maybe Hoppa.
Wouldn't his complete lack of any running game only get exposed even more at centre? Lewis is no where near good enough to manufacture a spot for him in the 17 if he can't make it in the halves.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
WE. DON'T. HAVE. TO. FIND. A. SPOT. FOR. LEWIS.

If we're giving a new centre a run then we should go with Harper who has actually played in that role or blood Averillo there who actually has an explosive running game. The only place for Lewis is if he bulks up and plays in the backrow, even then I doubt that will work as he can't even use his big frame as a half.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. Only thing I don't agree with is Lewis as a backrower in 1st grade. Lewis isn't a 1st grade half, lock, backrower, centre, prop, hooker, fullback, wing or bench player. Hell he isn't even a water ball, trainer or coach. Did I leave something out? I don't get people's love affair with him must be his dreamy eyes. Lewis is not an nrl player simple. Nsw cup is where he belongs. Just like 100s of other nsw players.
WE. DON'T. HAVE. TO. FIND. A. SPOT. FOR. LEWIS.

If we're giving a new centre a run then we should go with Harper who has actually played in that role or blood Averillo there who actually has an explosive running game. The only place for Lewis is if he bulks up and plays in the backrow, even then I doubt that will work as he can't even use his big frame as a half.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My opinion is if they dont have any running game, can make meters or break tackles, there is just no spot for them these days. They just dont ask the opps any question.
If lewis is to be picked on defence for ctr, why not just pick a more mobile forward that can make more tackles and hurt opps more?