Movie Discussion

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bahahaha!! Be like the Simpson’s and the Planet of the Apes musical.. Or it’s brilliant A Streetcar Named Desire musical! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

ps.. WTF?
I honestly couldn't listen beyond the 30 second mark on that. All I could make out was the Tony Montana bit.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Man, that type of "gangster" would be the first piece of shit shot by Tony Montana.
I think Montano would bend him over and give a dose of his little friend..no homo!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm chucking this 2pac remix in here as it uses quotes from Scarface plus the music video uses 3 of my favourite movies, including Scarface. Also it's Pac :smiley:

Boyz n the Hood? Great movie..

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Boyz n the Hood? Great movie..
Boys N the Hood is a good movie, but the movies in the video clip were Scarface obviously, Training Day and Menace II Society, which is pretty much another Boys N the Hood movie.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Boys N the Hood is a good movie, but the movies in the video clip were Scarface obviously, Training Day and Menace II Society, which is pretty much another Boys N the Hood movie.
My bad.. I knew Scarface..heard of Training Day..but not Menace II Society..

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Overdrive

upload_2020-5-18_9-1-19.png

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1935194/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Two car thief brothers, who journey to the south of France for new opportunities, wind up in the cross hairs of the local crime boss.

Those who have the The Fate of the Furious might remember Scott Eastwood's character, 'Little Nobody', and he returns later in 2017 for this movie also about fast cars and driving, although it's on a more discreet level. In this movie, he plays the half brother to another thief who together are masters at stealing high-end cars. Their latest heist is an extremely rare Bugatti Type 57 S Atlantic (one of only 2 in the world) which sold at an auction in France for €41,000,000.00 and when they try to sell it on the black market, the owner of it blindsides them who intends to kill them. In a plea bargain, they make a deal with the owner who happens to be the biggest mobster in Marseille, and that deal is that they would steal an extremely rare and expensive Ferrari 250 GTO from another mobster in France for him to add to his collection. He agrees and gives the brother 1 week to get this done.

Now as they form a plan to steal this car, they gather a crew to assist them, including a master pick-pocket, and other great drivers. As the movie draws to the end, a massive twist takes place (which I love) however as you would expect leaves the movie vulnerable to some plot holes.

Overall the film is enjoyable, and while it contains fast cars and Scott Eastwood, it is obvious that it is not trying to emulate the Fast and Furious movies.

8/10

Wahesh

Reaction score
Breaking In

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7137846/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

A woman fights to protect her family during a home invasion.

So a women inherits a secure fortress from her deceased father, and bad guys try to rob it and steal $4,000,000 hidden in a safe somewhere in the house. She has her 2 young children with her. Long story short, all the bad guys die, and all the good people live.

Nothing unusual here.

4/10

Wahesh

Reaction score
Twinsanity

Abandoning the yoga business she shares with her twin sister, Celeste sets out to forge her own identity, but her plans are derailed when her desperate twin stops at nothing to bring her home.

It's kind of hard to explain this movie. The twins sisters are ones that are meant to be hot... but you just for some reason can't class them as that. It's a daytime tv movie that is pretty boring, especially considering the biggest part of it is about Yoga. The 'evil' twin turns up looking for her sister, and ends up becoming a psychopathic killer stopping at nothing to get her back from the guy she fell in love with.

Pretty boring and predictable.

3/10

Wahesh

Reaction score
Tower Heist

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0471042/

When a group of hard-working guys find out they've fallen victim to their wealthy employer's Ponzi scheme, they conspire to rob his high-rise residence.

Ben Stiller was paid $15,000,000 for his role in this movie. Let that sink in for a moment.

This has to be the shittest movie I have seen this year. I cannot fathom why he was paid that much. It's just stupidity and a very minimal amount of entertainment. A rich guy is bailed out and can live in his penthouse apartment while awaiting trial, and a few guys who got caught up in his pyramid scheme attempt to steal his Ferrari (which is coated in paint but made of gold), and pull it apart to make their money back as well as the money of the tower's employees. There was no action, no drama, nothing that was even remotely interesting in this movie, yet Ben Stiller was paid $15,000,000 to appear in it. I cannot even begin to fathom how on Earth the films budget was $70,000,000 for this. Apart from Stillers fat cheque, what else did they blow money on???

2/10

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tower Heist

When a group of hard-working guys find out they've fallen victim to their wealthy employer's Ponzi scheme, they conspire to rob his high-rise residence.

Ben Stiller was paid $15,000,000 for his role in this movie. Let that sink in for a moment.

This has to be the shittest movie I have seen this year. I cannot fathom why he was paid that much. It's just stupidity and a very minimal amount of entertainment. A rich guy is bailed out and can live in his penthouse apartment while awaiting trial, and a few guys who got caught up in his pyramid scheme attempt to steal his Ferrari (which is coated in paint but made of gold), and pull it apart to make their money back as well as the money of the tower's employees. There was no action, no drama, nothing that was even remotely interesting in this movie, yet Ben Stiller was paid $15,000,000 to appear in it. I cannot even begin to fathom how on Earth the films budget was $70,000,000 for this. Apart from Stillers fat cheque, what else did they blow money on???

2/10
Eddie Murphy and Ben stiller got around 60 mill combined for this pos.

That's where the cash went - they could have hired a team of midgets and some mini pools and water slides for a lot less and it would have been infinitely more entertaining than the end product

Wahesh

Reaction score
Eddie Murphy and Ben stiller got around 60 mill combined for this pos.

That's where the cash went - they could have hired a team of midgets and some mini pools and water slides for a lot less and it would have been infinitely more entertaining than the end product
I'm still scratching my head as to how this... movie... managed to rake in $152,930,623 internationally at the box office.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol I didn't actually mind Tower Heist. I'm a big Eddie Murphy and Ben Stiller fan though, so I've got my bias glasses on. I thought it was a funny and solid 6.5/10 comedy.

By no means an amazing film, but still good for a laugh here and there.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Lol I didn't actually mind Tower Heist. I'm a big Eddie Murphy and Ben Stiller fan though, so I've got my bias glasses on. I thought it was a funny and solid 6.5/10 comedy.

By no means an amazing film, but still good for a laugh here and there.
Well that's the other thing... you got a comedy legend like Eddie Murphy in there, and I was left wondering as to why he never even made me laugh.

Anywho... you're a Ben Stiller fan? My cousin was gobsmacked the other day when I told him I've never seen Zoolander! Worth seeing?

Dodgeball, however... I can watch that movie a good few times over lol.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well that's the other thing... you got a comedy legend like Eddie Murphy in there, and I was left wondering as to why he never even made me laugh.

Anywho... you're a Ben Stiller fan? My cousin was gobsmacked the other day when I told him I've never seen Zoolander! Worth seeing?

Murphy leading up to this film was in awful form so I wasnt too surprised he didnt give off many laughs with this. I think he was happy to take his money and run on this (excuse the pun lol).

Zoolander's a good comedy, but over the years has gotten ridiculously overrated by people. I wouldnt go into it expecting anything more than a Dogeball level film, which isn't a bad movie as you said!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

Zoolander has it's moments but I think it's mostly too stupid. Dodgeball was ok. Tropical Thunder was one of Ben Stillers better ones. In saying that, I am not the biggest fan of his. But each their own.

Jabba the Mutt

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Tower Heist

2/10
Watched it last night @Wahesh - yep, it stunk!
(I can add nothing more and I usually find at least some redeeming features to almost anything!)

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
unnamed.jpg

Disaster strikes when a man invites his dream girl to an island resort -- but a previous blind date shows up instead.

OK, I usually steer well clear of anything new released under Happy Madison productions, or anything with David Spade, Rob Schneider or any or Adam Sandler's groupies, but for some unknown reason I actually sat down and watched this and it didn't suck, and to my own astoundment I actually laughed - more than once.
In saying that, it still isn't good by any stretch of the imagination, but credit where it's due it had some decent jokes

2.7/5