Bryce Cartwright granted exemption based on medical grounds

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Bryce Cartwright has been granted a flu shot exemption and will be allowed to train and play when the season return on May 28.

Cartwright wrote to Queensland’s Chief Health Officer for a flu shot exemption based on medical reasons.

Channel Seven’s Chris Garry reported Cartwright claimed a bad reaction to a vaccine prompted his anti-vax stance.

The Titans believed he had compelling case for an exemption and were proven right.

“Bryce Cartwright provided the Club with medical documentation seeking an exemption from the influenza vaccine protocol,” The Titans statement read.

“This was subsequently passed on to Queensland’s Chief Medical Officer Jeannette Young for review.

“Dr Young has granted Cartwright an exemption based on medical grounds.

“Cartwright is now eligible to return to training with the playing squad in preparation for the season restart.”

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know why they care so much. He is lucky to make the bench. Should have just stood him down.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Him and Brian Kelly can’t tackle for shit. Must be because they are anti vaxxers

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Once again a gov't shows they are weak as piss. Of course, nobody is surprised.

"Medical grounds".

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
This guy never mentioned his bad reaction to a previous vaccine before, at least not that I remember reading. He is clearly just throwing every piece of shit at the wall until something stuck.

His wife is an absolute nutter like Wintersteins wife.

The thing I find funny is that Cartwright says he has never said he is anti vaxx, that he is simply pro choice. Yet he follows all of these anti vaxxer pages on social media. He is just trying to lessen the PR blow of his stance.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This guy never mentioned his bad reaction to a previous vaccine before, at least not that I remember reading. He is clearly just throwing every piece of shit at the wall until something stuck.

The thing I find funny is that Cartwright says he has never said he is anti vaxx, that he is simply pro choice. Yet he follows all of these anti vaxxer pages on social media. He is just trying to lessen the PR blow of his stance.
Pretty sure I read somewhere she had a huge whinge and claims the tits players should strike in "support" of her hubby (who's covered in ink anyway so clearly isn't adverse to needles)

Ahh, the world we live in

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty sure I read somewhere she had a huge whinge and claims the tits players should strike in "support" of her hubby (who's covered in ink anyway so clearly isn't adverse to needles)

Yeah I saw that screenshot. She was asking for some players to support him as she feels that if a group of them bandied together they would have to take them seriously. Shock horror, most people aren't anti vaxxer morons.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I strongly suspect that if he had a niggling injury and needed pain killers to play that he wouldn't be asking what was in it either.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
would be pretty funny if he caught the flu after all of this

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I strongly suspect that if he had a niggling injury and needed pain killers to play that he wouldn't be asking what was in it either.
As if BC would play if he were in doubt.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Be careful, what you said could be deemed as hate speech, I seem to remember a few Kennelers being banned by you for such indescretions, you don’t want to ban yourself simply because you disagree with their stance right?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bet if it was a bulldogs player.. it would have been a totally different outcome, we all know this..!

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I didn’t know already being retarded was grounds for a medical exemption?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bet if it was a bulldogs player.. it would have been a totally different outcome, we all know this..!
The pitchforks would have been out and the witch hunt underway no doubt at all. It would have been magnified x 10 if it was us, as the past has shown.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

Who listens to their wife :laughing:

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Be careful, what you said could be deemed as hate speech, I seem to remember a few Kennelers being banned by you for such indescretions, you don’t want to ban yourself simply because you disagree with their stance right?
Dumbest post I have read in a while.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck you guys talk some shit. Every person on this planet should be entitled to make their own decisions. Who the fuck are we to tell them they can't!!!
If the chief medical officer of qld decided he should be exempt from taking the vaccine, what makes you geniuses think you know better???
Classic kennel.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Cartwright plays, it helps our chances of not getting the spoon. Rubbish player

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
NRL caves again. If it was a condition of allowing the competition to go ahead it should still be required. One of his team mates used the excuse relating to an adverse reaction ( Peats) but he had the vaccination done as did the other Titans player Kelly when they were told in no uncertain terms it was a condition relating to being permitted to play. The excuse of an adverse reaction was not what was mentioned when he declined to have it done initially. He is not what one would consider an elite player anyway. This makes him I believe the only player issued with an exemption to play....

His wife is a very prominent anti vaxxer so better do as the missus says......
https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...up-for-her-husband/1o6npcd3lfyol1wrqmrxx0w1zr