Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You serious or taking the piss? Have you not seen the shit fight that has unfolded with Naughty Dog, fans and whomever else since the game got leaked the other week.
I have, (followed it somewhat) but the fact last of us was soo good (for the story line) etc and the fact that this has been one on the waiting list.. it’s still a very objective subject, and like every thing people will have their views on it.

now I am waiting for the game. I loved last of us (as millions did) and naughty dog did it well, and weather or not there’s been a shit storm. I’m playing this game and can’t wait.!! As will MANY last of us fans.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have, (followed it somewhat) but the fact last of us was soo good (for the story line) etc and the fact that this has been one on the waiting list.. it’s still a very objective subject, and like every thing people will have their views on it.

now I am waiting for the game. I loved last of us (as millions did) and naughty dog did it well, and weather or not there’s been a shit storm. I’m playing this game and can’t wait.!! As will MANY last of us fans.
I loved The Last Of Us, it was a great game. I too was looking forward to part 2 but I know too much now so I'll wait and see. I got a shit ton of games I need to finish at the moment anyhow before Cyberpunk comes out. I just got playing the Yakuza series, brought the series the other week as they had a massive sale on them in the PlayStation Store and picked them up cheap as. Also got Judgment which is a spin off of the Yakuza games. So all up worked out to be like 8 games.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I loved The Last Of Us, it was a great game. I too was looking forward to part 2 but I know too much now so I'll wait and see. I got a shit ton of games I need to finish at the moment anyhow before Cyberpunk comes out. I just got playing the Yakuza series, brought the series the other week as they had a massive sale on them in the PlayStation Store and picked them up cheap as. Also got Judgment which is a spin off of the Yakuza games. So all up worked out to like 8 games.
I respect your view on it I do..

but you know even though this little drama had gone down, for the leaked content etc.. millions will still purchase this game because the fact of the matter is, naughty dog have produced and made some of the best selling games ever, and they will continue too..!!

I’ve never played the games you mentioned, will have to check them out. Oh another game I loved was the evil within 1&2 , fucking scary, I like my horror games..!!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

but you know even though this little drama had gone down, for the leaked content etc.. millions will still purchase this game because the fact of the matter is, naughty dog have produced and made some of the best selling games ever, and they will continue too..!!

I’ve never played the games you mentioned, will have to check them out. Oh another game I loved was the evil within 1&2 , fucking scary, I like my horror games..!!
Each to their own brother, I'm not trying to sway you from playing TLOU2. Naughty Dog have made some good games, but Naughty Dog are not the same company as many involved with those games have left or been made to leave. I am not a fan of Neil Druckmann and his ideology unfortunately. Its just at the moment my interest in TLOU2 game has been lost.

Yakuza games are huge in Japan and have only recently in the last few years have come our way. Also, the audio is all in Japanese so the games have subtitles. Judgment is the only one where you can have either Japanese or English audio. It doesn't bother me as I am a fan of Japanese anime so I'm used to watching subtitles, plus I like Japan in general. The games are story driven beat em ups in an open world setting of fictional Japan.

I'm also a big fan of horror games, though I haven't gotten round to playing The Evil Within games.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just Rockstars way of getting more people playing online so they can suck some more cash outta people buying shark cards. That's why we haven't seen any single player DLC or even GTA 6. It's the longest inbetween time of a GTA game, and there is still no signs of a GTA 6 on the horizon.
There is signs. A few weeks back Rockstar announced that they're working on the next GTA.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Each to their own brother, I'm not trying to sway you from playing TLOU2. Naughty Dog have made some good games, but Naughty Dog are not the same company as many involved with those games have left or been made to leave. I am not a fan of Neil Druckmann and his ideology unfortunately. Its just at the moment my interest in TLOU2 game has been lost.

Yakuza games are huge in Japan and have only recently in the last few years have come our way. Also, the audio is all in Japanese so the games have subtitles. Judgment is the only one where you can have either Japanese or English audio. It doesn't bother me as I am a fan of Japanese anime so I'm used to watching subtitles, plus I like Japan in general. The games are story driven beat em ups in an open world setting of fictional Japan.

I'm also a big fan of horror games, though I haven't gotten round to playing The Evil Within games.
I'm still looking forward to TLOU2. Loved Uncharted 4 and Uncharted Lost Legacy so I'm not too worried about their direction yet. I've also avoided TLOU2 spoilers to the most part (caught a little bit by accident). I'll probably end up playing and do a big, "oh piss off"

Need to play through the Yakuza games. I have Yakuza Kawami and Yakuza Zero installed on the Xbone. Just haven't got around to playing them.

Also 80% of the way through Evil Within and have Evil Within 2 ready to go. Just need to get going on those.

Recently finished Ori and the Blind Forest which is a prick of a game (died more times in that than I did in Dark Souls), also finished Doom Eternal and got every ublockable, and Control but still need to finish the DLC.

Right now I'm playing through Ori and the Will of the Wisps and Assassin's Creed Origins. Could never get into Origins but eventually I realised that about 4 or 5 hours in it starts getting really good. It's just struggling through those initial hours. Also, it's pretty much not worth playing wuthout HDR.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is signs. A few weeks back Rockstar announced that they're working on the next GTA.
Ok, I hadn't seen anything official just a lot of rumours. I'd love for them to do an updated Vice City, just like they did with V as San Andreas. Could you imagine a neon lit Miami night on a Next Gen console, especially after seeing that unreal engine 5 demo with its lighting effects.

I'm still looking forward to TLOU2. Loved Uncharted 4 and Uncharted Lost Legacy so I'm not too worried about their direction yet. I've also avoided TLOU2 spoilers to the most part (caught a little bit by accident). I'll probably end up playing and do a big, "oh piss off"

Need to play through the Yakuza games. I have Yakuza Kawami and Yakuza Zero installed on the Xbone. Just haven't got around to playing them.

Also 80% of the way through Evil Within and have Evil Within 2 ready to go. Just need to get going on those.

Recently finished Ori and the Blind Forest which is a prick of a game (died more times in that than I did in Dark Souls), also finished Doom Eternal and got every ublockable, and Control but still need to finish the DLC.

Right now I'm playing through Ori and the Will of the Wisps and Assassin's Creed Origins. Could never get into Origins but eventually I realised that about 4 or 5 hours in it starts getting really good. It's just struggling through those initial hours. Also, it's pretty much not worth playing wuthout HDR.
I don't begrudge anyone looking forward to or playing TLOU2, I hope it turns out to be decent but in saying that, as I mentioned before i was looking forward to it but now it's become a wait and see not a must buy for me.

So far I am enjoying Yakuza, 0 , Kawami 1 & 2, and 6 all use the Dragon Engine, which is an updated engine and looks good. 3,4 and 5 are on an older engine and are more of a remaster then a remake compared to the Kawami games that were remade, considering they were PS2 games originally.
I've played 0 and Kawami 1 and have just started Kawami 2. Will have to then play 3,4,5 (which supposedly are not as good as the previous ones, but still ok) then 6.

I also started Judgment, just to try it out. It also uses the updated Dragon Engine and looks really good, especially at night under the neon lit nights of a fictional Tokyo based around it's red light district (same place the Yakuza games are set around, which also look great at night). Judgment though, instead of playing a Yakuza member, you find yourself on the opposite side of the spectrum playing as an ex lawyer turned private eye investigating a series of murders. It plays just like a Yakuza game still. Because all these games are very story driven, you will at times have some long cut scenes throughout them, but nothing like the overly long Metal Gear Solid 4 style of cut scenes.

I recently finished Sleeping Dogs, which i 100% and got the platinum trophy for. Also finished Doom Eternal too.

I didn't mind Assassin Creed Origin, but I liked Assassin Creed Odyessey more. Looking forward to Assassin Creed Valhalla when it comes out.

I haven't played the Ori games or really know much about them.

Speaking of games I'm looking forward to
Yeah this one I am keen on. Been waiting for a good Feudal Japan game, the recent ones on PS4 didn't appeal to me and Sekiro just came across as a Dark Souls clone, which i wasn't a fan of at all.

Last edited:

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score

Fucken Evil Within....I can't even make it down the first corridor of EW1 without getting killed. Probably might help if I'm not drunk while playing it lol.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fucken Evil Within....I can't even make it down the first corridor of EW1 without getting killed. Probably might help if I'm not drunk while playing it lol.
It's a pretty cool game. They ripped a lot (and I mean a lot) off Resident Evil 4, but then added other cool shit and some weird arse Japanese shit. I really need to get around to finishing the first one 'cause apparently the second one is 10 times better.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm also playing through Far Cry 5 right now. Such a cool game but I get bored of the Far Cry games 'cause they're always too open world and easy to get confused about what the main mission actually is when everything feels like a side mission.

The side stuff in FC5 is cool though especially the crazy, over the top stunt stuff with the full stunt man story.

Also playing throught Resident Evil 7 a 3rd time. Went through it first normally, then second time in PSVR, now playing through on PSVR in Madhouse mode which is basically ultra-hard but things get randomised and changed around.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
TLOU2 is the new GOT season 8.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's a pretty cool game. They ripped a lot (and I mean a lot) off Resident Evil 4, but then added other cool shit and some weird arse Japanese shit. I really need to get around to finishing the first one 'cause apparently the second one is 10 times better.
I haven't had the chance to play them yet but they are on my list of "get to" games. Lol weird Japanese shit. I'll give the Japanese they are good at doing horror, just have to look at their movies that Hollywood steal and make worse compared to the Japanese version. Even their horror animes are pretty good.
I'm also playing through Far Cry 5 right now. Such a cool game but I get bored of the Far Cry games 'cause they're always too open world and easy to get confused about what the main mission actually is when everything feels like a side mission.

The side stuff in FC5 is cool though especially the crazy, over the top stunt stuff with the full stunt man story.

Also playing throught Resident Evil 7 a 3rd time. Went through it first normally, then second time in PSVR, now playing through on PSVR in Madhouse mode which is basically ultra-hard but things get randomised and changed around.
I brought Far Cry 5 the other week for $15 bucks but haven't installed it yet (lack of room so it's in my library along with many others I still need to play). I've brought way too many games of late due to being stuck at home aside from work, but I'll get round to it at some point. I need to stay off the PSN store when they are having big sales lol.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I haven't had the chance to play them yet but they are on my list of "get to" games. Lol weird Japanese shit. I'll give the Japanese they are good at doing horror, just have to look at their movies that Hollywood steal and make worse compared to the Japanese version. Even their horror animes are pretty good.

I brought Far Cry 5 the other week for $15 bucks but haven't installed it yet (lack of room so it's in my library along with many others I still need to play). I've brought way too many games of late due to being stuck at home aside from work, but I'll get round to it at some point. I need to stay off the PSN store when they are having big sales lol.

You'll see what I mean by "werid Japanese shit". It's like one team made a full on horror game then another team came in and said, "let's add a few small touches to it. But first let's take some LSD"

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
You'll see what I mean by "werid Japanese shit". It's like one team made a full on horror game then another team came in and said, "let's add a few small touches to it. But first let's take some LSD"
Sounds very interesting indeed :-)

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
I've only got it on PS3. Are the storylines on PS3 and PS4 the same or do they update the games on the PS4 versions of PS3 games?