News Kieran Foran for NRL return says Bulldogs coach Dean Pay

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I hope we can do better than Lewis at centre to be honest. I don't know where he fits if he doesn't improve in the halves. Lock possibly but hed have to put on bulk muscle.

Not sure how long we can operate without a decent long kick though, Forans hammy's wont last and Wakeham only has a short kicking game from memory. If Lewis isn't beside Foran in the halves he isnt in the 17 for mine, wasted as a 14 (Averillo should have that in my opinion/if not starting). Last shot for Lewis, think if he had a stable quality partner every week he "may" have developed better.
Oh and Smith back to wing.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
How on earth do you make worthwhile signings when the bank is empty.
Bankcard doesnt cut it here.
Mate don’t let common sense and factual information get in the way of people’s chronic whinging

Farcanrefs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You mean Parramatta put 50 on the broncos?
Is that the same slimy eels team we man handled,and destroyed (2 weeks previous?
In front of a packed bankwest
Yep we destroyed them by scoring 2 tries and defending well. Team effort. The halves did their job. Nothing more.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He doesn't play then.
Averillo on the bench
And what position would you suggest he plays off the bench?? Hooker? Hell no. And I'm sorry to say, you simply don't carry a backup half on your bench. Averilo on the other hand can play anywhere from 1-7, so he makes sense. Wakeham is an out and out half. Not a utility. Either he starts, or he doesn't play.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He doesn't play then.
Averillo on the bench
Can you not see his potential in the handful of games he has played??? He just needs an experienced half alongside him like foran who can dictate play and relieve the pressure on him. Something that Lewis was seemingly incapable of doing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Exactly. Averilo can be a playmaker, but he can also finesse it on an edge or at fb.
Averillo is special, some of his touches in reserve grade the week before his debut were classy. If he isn't starting then we surely have to be using him in the same type of of role Bellamy used Paps last season. Would be an absolute waste to not have him playing footy this year.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep we destroyed them by scoring 2 tries and defending well. Team effort. The halves did their job. Nothing more.
And saved many tries, people forget Lewis set up a try or two and saved a big one on Shaun lane, and went in for Jackson after Nathan brown got the flick

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And saved many tries, people forget Lewis set up a try or two and saved a big one on Shaun lane, and went in for Jackson after Nathan brown got the flick
I'm definitely not one of the Lewis haters, but I think wakeham has a lot more to offer in attack, Which is the area we MUST improve. So he must start ahead of Lewis IMO.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You take Lewis tackling ability out and he offers very little as a half
No running game, passing and decision making slow
Kicking game average, all he does is put up bombs

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We bag foran guys had no luck I really hope he's past the bad run he's had and kicks on fingers xed

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I like how they keep describing Foran as Luckless instead of just being honest and saying he doesn't have a body that can cope with the demands of NRL football.