News Kieran Foran for NRL return says Bulldogs coach Dean Pay

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lewis and foran combo won us a lot of games last year.
The ying and the yang.
Number 14 for wakeham for mine.
Yes alot of boring grinding games where we still struggled to score points

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Let's see what happens.
But we need to start winning.
No more excuses.
We were predicted/expected to finish second last before a ball was kicked. I'd now say with the Warriors situation we've been bumped up one position (14th).

The amount of wins the third last teams have got over the last three years:
2019 Cowboys 9 wins
2018 Titans 8 wins
2017 Tigers 7 wins

(Just saying, two of those clubs have recruited a lot better than us, which was expected due to our salary cap position)

In 2019 we finished on 10 wins when we were expected/predicted for the wooden spoon. If we're able to get 10 wins this season that's better than expected (like 2019 was). You're placing unrealistic expectations on the team and until we bring in top talent (2021) anything different is going to be a miracle.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You need to catch up, the boys and coaching staff drew a line in the sand after week12 or 13,of last year to concentrate on defence .
Big tick
Roosters put 38 on us in round 14 while we managed 12
Broncos game round 18 was 28-6

We got lucky with a few games last year by grinding out results against a few top 8 teams, our defence for the most part was hardly anything to sing praises by

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You make your own luck
Roosters put 38 on us in round 14 while we managed 12
Broncos game round 18 was 28-6

We got lucky with a few games last year by grinding out results against a few top 8 teams, our defence for the most part was hardly anything to sing praises by

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I reckon DWZ only has 1 more dropped bomb in him and he will be a winger...luv his passion and hitting the ball back but his hands are feet.
Lewis will end up a lock eventually.
And that is the problem with pay...whilst I like him he makes dumb dumb selections.

1/Holland and reimis Smith combo absolutely on fire, what does he do? Splits the combo.

2/ reimis Smith to centre - dumb - he is a winger fullstop

3/ dwz to fullback - dumb , hoppa or meaney are actually fullbacks

4/ Lewis and foran - won a stack of games together...lets see what he does.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey I agree with you but I doubt any other team is concerned who plays for us..we are lambs to the slaughter unfortunately still
I think pays already decided with his halves. Wakeham at 7 foran at 6.
He benched Lewis for a reason.
Probably just throwing off so the other teams don’t Know what to expect

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Averillo on the wing slowly worked into FB.

Wakeham in the halves with Foran.

Lewis on the bench as a utility.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't wait to see the worst attacking half in the comp in Lewis and an underdone and banged up Foran steer the team around... The Entertainers are back!

If things go as badly as they did in the first two weeks, then it could get ugly... I would hope the comp was suspended again just to avoid the stress and frustration.
It could be worse. Foran will be targeted by every forward trying to attack his injured shoulder. We could sign Reynolds, and witness Foran carried off after 20 minutes, and Reynolds following soon after for tripping.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It could be worse. Foran will be targeted by every forward trying to attack his injured shoulder. We could sign Reynolds, and witness Foran carried off after 20 minutes, and Reynolds following soon after for tripping.
Reynolds will either get sent off for tripping or join Foran in the casulty ward.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Reynolds will either get sent off for tripping or join Foran in the casulty ward.
These days players don't get sent of for tripping, they just get "on report" and cop a fine later. That said any Bulldogs player will get sent off and cop a 5 game holiday, just because it's us of course.

Go Dogs

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At 14 he will get game time.

We have to hit the ground running with this shortened comp.

Stick to what works, lewis and foran works along with JMK...
we need to win games straight away otherwise the season will be lost.

Wakeham will get his chance, but we cannot be treating the early rounds as trial games and trying to work on combos phuk that
And what position would you suggest he plays off the bench?? Hooker? Hell no. And I'm sorry to say, you simply don't carry a backup half on your bench. Averilo on the other hand can play anywhere from 1-7, so he makes sense. Wakeham is an out and out half. Not a utility. Either he starts, or he doesn't play.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
And what position would you suggest he plays off the bench?? Hooker? Hell no. And I'm sorry to say, you simply don't carry a backup half on your bench. Averilo on the other hand can play anywhere from 1-7, so he makes sense. Wakeham is an out and out half. Not a utility. Either he starts, or he doesn't play.
Averillo as the bench utility is a no brainier. He covers the whole backline and can spark something when he comes on.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
With Foran at 7 reynolds would thrive at 6

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree Lewis will end as lock. I think he will a half decent lock in Bundy cup or nsw cup.
It won't be in 1st grade. It's simple Lewis does not belong in 1st grade.
Well I reckon DWZ only has 1 more dropped bomb in him and he will be a winger...luv his passion and hitting the ball back but his hands are feet.
Lewis will end up a lock eventually.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Thursday he didn't sound like a chance, and yesterday he is.

Intersting times ahead.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So Thursday he didn't sound like a chance, and yesterday he is.

Intersting times ahead.
Not really he just hadn’t done a contact session and the day after that story he did a contact session.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree Lewis will end as lock. I think he will a half decent lock in Bundy cup or nsw cup.
It won't be in 1st grade. It's simple Lewis does not belong in 1st grade.
We dont need Lewis as a lock. The forwards are not that bad. We desperately need a centre and he might just fill the bill
instead of Smith. Drop Creighton and put Smith back to the wing.
Foran and Wakeham is apparently the way they are going, so Averillo is a must for the bench.