News Kieran Foran for NRL return says Bulldogs coach Dean Pay

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lewis and foran combo won us a lot of games last year.
The ying and the yang.
Number 14 for wakeham for mine.
Defence won us a a lot of games last year.
Lewis is a great defender but offers little in attack. Wakeham offers more in attack and was willing in defense in the first 2 rounds.
With the new one ref and 6 again for ruck infringements, I'd much rather a capable running threat in the halves in Wakeham then see Lewis put up another bomb from 30 out.
Averillo in the 14 to get him some time on the field.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lewis is useless. I'll never forget the look on his face when he got benched. All that big talk about Wakeham having to fill the big boots of Foz, then Lewis plays so shit he gets benched LOL.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate, why can't you appreciate that for the last 7 or so games of last year these 3 players built something special together.
Oh yeah they were regularly racking up 30 points a game weren’t they....

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fozzy,wakeham is obviously the right call, mind you Averillo wouldnt be a bad idea either, but it will be the first lol.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mate, why can't you appreciate that for the last 7 or so games of last year these 3 players built something special together.
Because it wasn’t special every game we struggled for points. It was painful watching us attack and Lewis and JMK were major factors in that. If you are happy with that and think it’s special then the bar is set as low as it can be. I’m struggling to comprehend how you can think that was special!

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We won games.
I mean what are we building at the bulldogs?
What's the point, we built successful combinations like Holland and remis then we tear it down
Same with Lewis/ foran/jmk great winning percentages, let's tear this one down as well.
Its about winning, the dogs have been winning UGLY for years on end.
Isn't that part of our DNA?
Because it wasn’t special every game we struggled for points. It was painful watching us attack and Lewis and JMK were major factors in that. If you are happy with that and think it’s special then the bar is set as low as it can be. I’m struggling to comprehend how you can think that was special!

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And what about Nick meaney, the kid finally starts hitting his straps last year becoming quite a good winger on that side of the wing.
What do we do this year....move him to the other side of the wing FMD !!
We won games.
What's the point, we built successful combinations like Holland and remis then we tear it down
Same with Lewis/ foran/jmk great winning percentages, let's tear this one down as well.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We won games.
Since when is winning 4 and losing 3 a great winning percentage for the Lewis\Foran\JMK combo? Those wins relied more on 100% commitment in defence then anything in attack. Winning in then style we did at the end of last year isn’t sustainable. If you are happy with good luck to you.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You mean Parramatta put 50 on the broncos?
Is that the same slimy eels team we man handled,and destroyed (2 weeks previous?
In front of a packed bankwest
How did the great Broncos side that we beat by 30 go in the semis? Sorry I forgot they got rolled by 50 plus...... We beat a shithouse Broncos side. Nothing to rave about.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bet pay would not mind a 57% winning record.
Boost him up from his 36%.
These stats gets you a birth in the finals in the season proper
Then as you know anything can happen from there.
Or are you happy with our season being over within the first half of the season like the last 2 years..
We need defence, we have that now, lets not tear that up to...and work on our attack and combinations that work.
Since when is winning 4 and losing 3 a great winning percentage for the Lewis\Foran\JMK combo? Those wins relied more on 100% commitment in defence then anything in attack. Winning in then style we did at the end of last year isn’t sustainable. If you are happy with good luck to you.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I stll don't see what you guys see in wakeham...
He was a young gun coming through and you can see he has some spark he just needs game time. Lewis is not up to first grade and has had too many chances. Wakeham needs his shot and will benefit playing alongside Foran.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Or are you happy with our season being over within the first half of the season like the last 2 years..
We need defence, we have that now, lets not tear that up to...and work on our attack and combinations that work.
Our season was done by round 2 last year after conceding 76 points and scoring only 22
Three weeks later we get rolled by the dragons 40-4
Not sure how that classifies as good defence

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can't wait to see the worst attacking half in the comp in Lewis and an underdone and banged up Foran steer the team around... The Entertainers are back!

If things go as badly as they did in the first two weeks, then it could get ugly... I would hope the comp was suspended again just to avoid the stress and frustration.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Using less then 10 games as a percentage is useless anyway. Lewis and JMK are irrelevant it’s Foran being the main factor his problem is he doesn’t play enough. Lewis especially has had enough chances now and hasn’t done a thing it’s clear as day to me he’s not the answer.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need to catch up, the boys and coaching staff drew a line in the sand after week12 or 13,of last year to concentrate on defence .
Big tick
Our season was done by round 2 last year after conceding 76 points and scoring only 22
Three weeks later we get rolled by the dragons 40-4
Not sure how that classifies as good defence

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's see what happens.
But we need to start winning.
No more excuses.
Using less then 10 games as a percentage is useless anyway. Lewis and JMK are irrelevant it’s Foran being the main factor his problem is he doesn’t play enough. Lewis especially has had enough chances now and hasn’t done a thing it’s clear as day to me he’s not the answer.