Hi everyone new here go the dogs!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Born in bankstown hospital played footy all my life live in newcastle now. My dad played for the dogs and my pop was president of bankstown sports club a few moons ago.
Welcome ratboy, enjoy your stay :grinning:

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With a pedigree like that, your more qualified than the rest of us.

If your dad is still around theres a good chance he might get a call from Pay.

Welcome, I'm expecting a lot.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My dad is Ron 'corky' Harmer played sg ball, flegg, u/23s, presidents cup, reserve grade and had a run in the amco cup for the dogs. Played u/18 nsw school boys and redfern all blacks and golden gloves of bankstown police boys club. Played with stan cutler, tim pickup, gary hughes etc. hes 64 now.He played 7 some 6 and Mortimer was the 1st grade 7 so didnt get many opportunities.
My pop was Arnold Harmer president of bankstown sports , berries selector and he was a boxer.
My uncle larry 'snake' played grade at the sporties.
My dad also built and coached bankstown city rl. He was coach of the bankstown city u/17s and they won the bankstown competition beating east hills who barry ward was the captain and were minor premiers.He got offered the bulldogs jersey flegg coach but had already decided to move to Newcastle for work.
He rated geoff robinson as one of the toughest players the dogs had.
I played tooheys cup for toronto scorpians willie masons junior club and central wyong in the central coast 1st grade.
I also played school footy with mick ennis for morisset high school.
My brother trent played tooheys cup with toronto scorps and 1st grade with central wyong razorbacks.
My brother brock harmer played sg ball with north sydney bears, toyota cup with south sydney, premier league with newtown jets and a short train on stint with newcastle nights. Then played tooheys cup for toronto scorps, wests newcastle and cessnock goannas
My uncle brian cosgrove played juniors with bankstown city and was captain and 7 of the u/17s bankstown city team that won the gf. He then played for berala bears and senoir football with wentworthville magpies and was named player of the year in approx 95. He had a talk with parra but they opted for a younger player.
Our family loves it footy and the bulldogs
My nan lived at yagoona, uncle sefton, cousins penania and we lived at fairfield my 1st club was canlyvale kookaburras
So thats my story if anyone cares haha. Just putting it out there.
Geoff Robinson is married to my mums cousin.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My dad is Ron 'corky' Harmer played sg ball, flegg, u/23s, presidents cup, reserve grade and had a run in the amco cup for the dogs. Played u/18 nsw school boys and redfern all blacks and golden gloves of bankstown police boys club. Played with stan cutler, tim pickup, gary hughes etc. hes 64 now.He played 7 some 6 and Mortimer was the 1st grade 7 so didnt get many opportunities.
My pop was Arnold Harmer president of bankstown sports , berries selector and he was a boxer.
My uncle larry 'snake' played grade at the sporties.
My dad also built and coached bankstown city rl. He was coach of the bankstown city u/17s and they won the bankstown competition beating east hills who barry ward was the captain and were minor premiers.He got offered the bulldogs jersey flegg coach but had already decided to move to Newcastle for work.
He rated geoff robinson as one of the toughest players the dogs had.
I played tooheys cup for toronto scorpians willie masons junior club and central wyong in the central coast 1st grade.
I also played school footy with mick ennis for morisset high school.
My brother trent played tooheys cup with toronto scorps and 1st grade with central wyong razorbacks.
My brother brock harmer played sg ball with north sydney bears, toyota cup with south sydney, premier league with newtown jets and a short train on stint with newcastle nights. Then played tooheys cup for toronto scorps, wests newcastle and cessnock goannas
My uncle brian cosgrove played juniors with bankstown city and was captain and 7 of the u/17s bankstown city team that won the gf. He then played for berala bears and senoir football with wentworthville magpies and was named player of the year in approx 95. He had a talk with parra but they opted for a younger player.
Our family loves it footy and the bulldogs
My nan lived at yagoona, uncle sefton, cousins penania and we lived at fairfield my 1st club was canlyvale kookaburras
So thats my story if anyone cares haha. Just putting it out there.

Impressive.

Would of sucked to be a half in Turveys time for opportunities but also a privilege to have played with such great players you mentioned.

Please advice how we get out of the quicksand we are sinking in.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thegoldtoothrat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. I just signed up recently too. Finding everyone quite friendly.

You just gave me flashbacks of going to the footy with my folks, and getting the old paper team lists. From memory you had to buy them too. Or was it part of a magazine you could buy. My memory isn't that good, but I reckon some would be good collectors items these days.

Ahhh the old days.
Yeah its a small paper book with all the weeks teams you could buy them at the ground

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. I just signed up recently too. Finding everyone quite friendly.

You just gave me flashbacks of going to the footy with my folks, and getting the old paper team lists. From memory you had to buy them too. Or was it part of a magazine you could buy. My memory isn't that good, but I reckon some would be good collectors items these days.

Ahhh the old days.
Do you remember buying doubles for the hookers or first try scorer?

Early form of betting on the game.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your dad will also remember when multiple games where played at the same time and the ground announcer would read out progress scores and the crowd would cheer when certain teams were losing etc.