The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When the Queen Dies

1) Simply replace the role of Governor General with the title President which is no longer the Queens Representative.
2) Change the flag to my two sided flag design, colours to be green and gold with the Southern Cross only on flag (light green or Kangaroo Jersey Green and gold I don't care).
3) Not perfect but I'm sure you get my drift.

Any one with me?

View attachment 14500 View attachment 14501
One like, thanks you know who you are much appreciated.

No many wanting change I suppose.

To the rest, this is for you our national anthem pre April 1984.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
One like, thanks you know who you are much appreciated.

No many wanting change I suppose.

To the rest, this is for you our national anthem pre April 1984.

Yeah Id like to see some change but like many, we all have different views.

Id like to somehow incorporate the Aboriginal flag with the Southern Cross. The blue background with white stars and red pinstripe outlining the stars. To me that would represent our links to England and New Zealand. Anzac I suppose and ties in with our heritage. I think of relatives that fought in wars and i think of them knowing what our flag was during those times so its hard for me to dismiss that aspect.

On the other hand your design is completely fresh. We have Aussies now from all over the globe, your design is natural and encompassing of everything and everyone under the Southern Cross. I do love green and gold and see those colors also as Australian.

So yeah as I said, we all have different views and its not to say some ideas are better than others. I think thats the hard part.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah Id like to see some change but like many, we all have different views.

Id like to somehow incorporate the Aboriginal flag with the Southern Cross. The blue background with white stars and red pinstripe outlining the stars. To me that would represent our links to England and New Zealand. Anzac I suppose and ties in with our heritage. I think of relatives that fought in wars and i think of them knowing what our flag was during those times so its hard for me to dismiss that aspect.

On the other hand your design is completely fresh. We have Aussies now from all over the globe, your design is natural and encompassing of everything and everyone under the Southern Cross. I do love green and gold and see those colors also as Australian.

So yeah as I said, we all have different views and its not to say some ideas are better than others. I think thats the hard part.
Lets incorporate Aboriginals by changing the national anthem from for we are young and free to for we are strong and free for starters.

We should change the Australian Constitution to recognize Aboriginals as the first Australians etc.

As for the flag I think it would be as divisive as having the union jack on our flag.

In my eyes how cool would our flag be if it was a star constellation that every Australian no matter where they live or ethic background they have, can see every night they look up at the sky.

Plus it will allow us to change our currency to the Australian coat of arms instead of replacing the Queens portrait to Charles.

Enjoyed your thoughts, I feel its time we as a nation once again started the conversation.

Shame Turnbull got rolled because I fear we have buckleys with any other conservative leader.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lets incorporate Aboriginals by changing the national anthem from for we are young and free to for we are strong and free for starters.

We should change the Australian Constitution to recognize Aboriginals as the first Australians etc.

As for the flag I think it would be as divisive as having the union jack on our flag.

In my eyes how cool would our flag be if it was a star constellation that every Australian no matter where they live or ethic background they have, can see every night they look up at the sky.

Plus it will allow us to change our currency to the Australian coat of arms instead of replacing the Queens portrait to Charles.

Enjoyed your thoughts, I feel its time we as a nation once again started the conversation.

Shame Turnbull got rolled because I fear we have buckleys with any other conservative leader.
Some great idea's.
FMD, imagine having Charles ugly mug on the back of our coins.
Surely if when the Queen passes Australians will revolt when it comes time to replacing the Queens portrait with Charles. I hope this re-ignites the conversation. How much traction that would gain is anyone's guess.
We have no great men, no great leaders. There all a bunch of pussies that have no back bone. The NZ PM has more balls than our lot.
Anywhooosss...

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I have zero loyalty to the monarchy. I think the time when royalty should hold añy relevance to any society should be well in the past. I actually wonder why England actually still hasn't tried to alter their political system given that the house of Lords tends to quash any changes that need to be made to balance inequality. The house of Lords is an antiquated notion that allows people born into privilege that was granted to them by royalty to retain power over elected officials. So I don't know why I didn't click like on the original post about it.

But it actually sickens me to see people fawning over the royal family who for many generations have grown fat on the tears of the people they regard as peasants. But I'm still not convinced on your flag design. Too late at night to think about the things in Australia's history both pre and post colonial age and the relevant symbols we as Aussies have stood behind.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Covering up corruption with blackmail, the con job continues.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The upright moral fabric of society trying to preach when their smart ass bullshit is worse than my dumb shit.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
People that take no notice of lockdown rules at this fragile time. and selfish bastards..!!!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Desperate tactics, sometimes they just over do it.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I grinded a blokes gears at works today, he started carrying on he is hungry and shitty which is fair enough, he said he's going to the shop all good the boss says finish what your doing before you have lunch because we have other trades waiting on us fair enough also some days it happens who cares
.he then stared carrying on I should go to the shop then stomped around like a 3 year old .I said before you make demands you probably should say what you want and produce some money, it's not my job to provide you food and pay for it .more carrying on this is where I upped it " should I buy you a snickers or some vagasil for your vagina " I got a few muttered replies which I retored do you need a cuddle? Well this resulted in threats of violence which my reply was your vagina seems to have a large amount of sand in it.
Anyways I went and got my lunch when I got back he is packed his stuff and left .
Tommorrow should be interesting

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I grinded a blokes gears at works today, he started carrying on he is hungry and shitty which is fair enough, he said he's going to the shop all good the boss says finish what your doing before you have lunch because we have other trades waiting on us fair enough also some days it happens who cares
.he then stared carrying on I should go to the shop then stomped around like a 3 year old .I said before you make demands you probably should say what you want and produce some money, it's not my job to provide you food and pay for it .more carrying on this is where I upped it " should I buy you a snickers or some vagasil for your vagina " I got a few muttered replies which I retored do you need a cuddle? Well this resulted in threats of violence which my reply was your vagina seems to have a large amount of sand in it.
Anyways I went and got my lunch when I got back he is packed his stuff and left .
Tommorrow should be interesting
Funny you should mention vagasil, my mother-in-laws partner used it as shampoo, I said it's ok, you're a **** anyways.

Yeah he doesn't like me very much now lol

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Funny you should mention vagasil, my mother-in-laws partner used it as shampoo, I said it's ok, you're a c*** anyways.

Yeah he doesn't like me very much now lol
Fkn lol ,we got this young chick at work she spins out because I give vagina boy. shit and when she does something I say put your testicles into it don't be a poofter .

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fkn lol ,we got this young chick at work she spins out because I give vagina boy. shit and when she does something I say put your testicles into it don't be a poofter .
My last job was mostly working with women. Best way to go about annoying them was to avoid conversation when they wanted to chat. Single syllable answers to questions can really get on their nerves.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I got up at 7.30 to use the loo this morning, offered the dog a chance to go outside so he wouldn't wake me if I got back to sleep, (not interested, too fucking cold thanks look). So I pee go back to bed because it's 6 degrees inside the loungeroom and fall asleep with the electric blanket on. About 1/2 hour after I get to sleep again, dog wakes me up wanting to go outside by jumping on the chair next to the window and barking like he's seen the apocalypse coming and he alone can avert it by barking in the back yard. Having sensed his urgency from the volume of his barking, I get up, put on a jacket, socks, long pants and gloves because it's still fucking cold. I set them on fire for good measure because it's fucking cold. The dog excitedly runs downstairs and heads for the back door which I open. Dog takes one step outside, realises it's fucking cold, gives me a dirty look like going outside was my idea and slinks shivering back to his bed. I've decided if he farts where it reaches my nose once today he's going to the pound.