Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"If you don't wanna play that way....don't play that way"

GOAT.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I think he's one of the GOATs however that stint in the minor league IMO did disrupt his career. For instance Kobe Bryant has scored more points than him and if MJ didn't switch then he probably would've got more. I still think that he's one of the GOATs but it's hard to dispute who stands alone - I mean Larry Bird's gotta be up there as well and he didn't score anywhere near the amount that MJ did.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Absolutely loving this series!

Not a super big NBA guy, but have loosely followed it since my young days in the early 90s playing NBA Jam.

Following this story has been riveting and they've done a good job going from 1998 back to the begging and back to 1998 again.

Whether Jordan is GOAT or not, we can all agree he is a freakish athlete with the mental strength to match it.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Absolutely loving this series!

Not a super big NBA guy, but have loosely followed it since my young days in the early 90s playing NBA Jam.

Following this story has been riveting and they've done a good job going from 1998 back to the begging and back to 1998 again.

Whether Jordan is GOAT or not, we can all agree he is a freakish athlete with the mental strength to match it.
Even though you only follow it loosely, is there a team(s) you follow in either conference? I like Heat in the East, and Lakers in the West.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's the GOAT for sure, if he was playing today with the restrictions on Defense he'd put up 60 a game.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Even though you only follow it loosely, is there a team(s) you follow in either conference? I like Heat in the East, and Lakers in the West.
Yep! Always followed Charlotte! Even in the Bobcats dark days!

So happy they've got their image and mascot back.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think he's one of the GOATs however that stint in the minor league IMO did disrupt his career. For instance Kobe Bryant has scored more points than him and if MJ didn't switch then he probably would've got more. I still think that he's one of the GOATs but it's hard to dispute who stands alone - I mean Larry Bird's gotta be up there as well and he didn't score anywhere near the amount that MJ did.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA at even mentioning Kobe alongside Jordan.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Michael Jordan's will to win was something else.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not a major follower of Bball, but been surrounded a number of mates who are. I still recall sleeping under a huge MJ poster when I was like 10 - if him dunking on someone. Was a big fan of him in the 90s, but a love for the sport did not fester on from there. I do watch the finals now and again though.

The documentary so far for me (I have not watched the last 2 eps yet) has been phenomenal. Every aspect of it - it's really well directed, the way they grasp so many peoples ideas and opinions about certain situations - the overall input from various parties was outstanding. He has a deep seeded hunger to win, probably the biggest I have ever seen of any sports star. It is absolutely crazy. Those moments in some of those games - wow. That moment when he was jumping up after a game winning shot against the Cavs in the finals and you can read his lips as he yells "GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE"... unbelievable. He may not have the most points, the best individual stats - but when it comes down to it - 2x3-peats says a lot.

I don't hear too many people put Kobe up there in the MJ bracket - the closest is LBJ and a few others. And you can break down their careers and say one is better than the other or whatever. I really hate these sorts of questions, because there is no definitive answer -it is all opinion based. Some people have Abdul-Jabbar in there, and then there was Wilt Chamberlain who dominated the league during his career. The problem here is - unless you're 100 years old, you have not seen all the players who could stand up and be counted in the conversation - so you're opinion is invalid. You can only comment on what you've seen. You can't lie and say "I've gone back and seen footage" - you can only provide an opinion on what you know. And if you comment that your opinion is based on that of greats back in the day that said that XYZ was a great player, then its not really your own opinion.

And this is why I hate the millennial generation who claim LBJ is the greatest, considering barely any of them saw MJ (probably until this doco). If I was to give my limited opinion, I would say MJ. But my opinion is flawed in that I don't watch much BBall, and apart of that is Nostalgia growing up in the 90s, this documentary, and the various conversations I just happen to be part of when basketball is discussed.

But this doco... Wow!

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last 2 episodes are today. Nooooooo. It’s been a helluva series. Can’t get enough of it.

GOAT MJ 23

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not as massive basketball fan either, but this doco was unbelievable. i Have Kayo sports and there is a Doco on the Newcastle Knights preseason which was good as well. Would love the Bulldogs to do some sort of Doco, all access etc

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
great doco and well worth the watch. the dennis rodman espn 30:30 is great as well

Pheonixss

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
great doco and well worth the watch. the dennis rodman espn 30:30 is great as well
i agree on the rodman 30 for 30 series, i really enjoyed it.

really enjoyed the last dance, MJ’s drive to win at all costs is pretty crazy

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love Rodman. The 30 :30 doco is a must watch.
Hope about him leaving mid finals series to wrestle with hulk hogan.
Wtf??

Jordan will to win was incredible but he is also unlikeable in that respect.
People who are that successful are ruthless and cutthroat and a rarely nice to be around. Until they win everything that is

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
As a basketball fan, The Last Dance is an amazing documentary and one of the best I have seen. I'm so glad I was at an age where I could appreciate watching MJ in his prime, even though I am a Lakers fan. Basketball in the 90's was massive here and I lived and breathed it. I mean, who couldn't wait for the top 10 plays of the week at the end of NBA Action, then go try and emulate it on your own basketball court.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Massive NBA fan and a bit behind the eight ball here and only a few episodes deep but so far it's great.

Didn't see MJ play as too young but you cannot deny his work ethic and desire to win/succeed.

FYI, there are a few 30min long Docos on players (VC, Reggie Miller, KG to name a few) called Beyond The Glory.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Massive NBA fan and a bit behind the eight ball here and only a few episodes deep but so far it's great.

Didn't see MJ play as too young but you cannot deny his work ethic and desire to win/succeed.

FYI, there are a few 30min long Docos on players (VC, Reggie Miller, KG to name a few) called Beyond The Glory.
Cool username, Avenged Sevenfold and The Rev.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Great doco however I couldn't help but notice how jaundice MJ's eyes were. Shot liver maybe?