Opinion Current situation regarding the future of Luke Thompson

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
My view is that most things will go back to normal in a few weeks, some things might take a couple of months, but in a year we will have completely forgotten what corona virus even is.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It'll depend what the situation is like over there. If he comes here he has to take a pay cut tho (and it could be up to 40% depending how long the league is out for).
That means he would still earn double the ESL rate. The salary cap in the ESL is 2.1m pounds (about $4m) and what’s included is different to ours.

Go Dogs

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
That means he would still earn double the ESL rate. The salary cap in the ESL is 2.1m pounds (about $4m) and what’s included is different to ours.

Go Dogs
Yes, but if he classifies as a marquee player in the Super League it isn't all included in the cap. If he comes here he has to take a pay cut to his rumoured 850k which is all I said and what the thread is about.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We will have cap space because alot are going off big contracts

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think we will still get him... He's head and shoulders above any middle forward we have.
Totally right.
Also, the Coronavirus rubbish is ten times worse in the UK.
It seems reasonable that he would want out of the place if he can.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My view is that most things will go back to normal in a few weeks, some things might take a couple of months, but in a year we will have completely forgotten what corona virus even is.

Go Dogs
Gee...this would be an awesome outcome, but I think it has less chance of getting up than any of my crap selections on a Saturday punt..This is going to be painful, boring and for some of us very sad. We should all do our bit and stay away, keep clean and protect our loved ones.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I do see a lot of contracts falling apart. Especially if the money isn't there. Might be a good opportunity for the Bulldogs to upgrade the team. As I suspect there may be a huge gulf in what teams can afford, and the I suspect the salary cap will be a lot more fluid. Similar to after super league war.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most people are gonna lose there jobs houses other things and to honest league players whinging about having to take a pay cut to there above modest salaries is a joke no one wants to hear there sob storys cause the supporters who love the game gonna be the ones who are affected most no more $8.50 cafe made coffees to post on Instagram

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Go Dogs
How's this panning out..?

NovaScotiaDog

Waterboy
Reaction score
the world will be very different on the other side of this
if you think otherwise you are the most naive c*** ever
big changes coming, people will be starving in the street.
in a thin margin economy like ours, with so many living week to week this will be a very critical situation very soon. League is the last of everyones worries
Yep I agree with some of what you say but remember the Great Depression when sport in particular cricket was considered a saviour and people flocked to games. Rugby league will have a head start on any other sport and could flourish

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
How's this panning out..?
Pretty well actually, the NRL restarts in 17 days, in a couple of months (July is likely) spectators will be allowed, possibly in limited numbers start off with, and by this time next year we will be into Round 10.

Go Dogs

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pretty well actually, the NRL restarts in 17 days, in a couple of months (July is likely) spectators will be allowed, possibly in limited numbers start off with, and by this time next year we will be into Round 10.

Go Dogs
I don't get personal as a rule with debate or discussion. But you are bordering on being an idiot.

Your comments were that this is a nothing issue and within 12 months we will have all forgotten what Covid-19 is or was.

4,000,000 + so far infected and almost 300,000 DEAD world wide in less than 5 months that we know about and no cure in sight. 10' of millions unemployed, thousands of bussiness's destroyed blah blah blah.

Yeah fuck all, nothing to see here...

Wombat.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't get personal as a rule with debate or discussion. But you are bordering on being an idiot.
Your comments were that this is a nothing issue and within 12 months we will have all forgotten what Covid-19 is or was.
4,000,000 + so far infected and almost 300,000 DEAD world wide in less than 5 months that we know about and no cure in sight. 10' of millions unemployed, thousands of bussiness's destroyed blah blah blah.
Yeah fuck all, nothing to see here...
Wombat.
We were talking about NRL and COVID-19, when and how it would resume, its effect on NRL next year, not the rest of the world, not the economic effect, not the number of people sick, not the number of deaths, just the NRL effect.

You are falsely attributing my comments on a singular subject to much wider issues. Then even further extrapolating that far beyond the specific context those comments were made in relation to.

Go Dogs

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Go Dogs

We were talking about NRL and COVID-19, when and how it would resume, its effect on NRL next year, not the rest of the world, not the economic effect, not the number of people sick, not the number of deaths, just the NRL effect.

You are falsely attributing my comments on a singular subject to much wider issues. Then even further extrapolating that far beyond the specific context those comments were made in relation to.

Go Dogs
Yeah...ok. Your words in red from you, not made up and not out of context. "in a year we will have completely forgotten what corona virus is"

Put the shovel down.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah...ok. Your words in red from you, not made up and not out of context. "in a year we will have completely forgotten what corona virus is"
Put the shovel down.
Let me provide an example relating to the concept of context, you posted (the complete post, unedited);
Me thinks you watch to many conspiracy shows..The world is flat, we never landed on the moon and Lattrel Mitchell is the next GI...
That means you are a flat earther, don't believe that Neil Armstrong walked on the moon and think LM is the next GI.

Whether I believe the virus is real or not for starters..? Forget the 2 dickheads that many on here said we should sign that yet again have thumbed their nose at the rules and everyone else. Seriously, if anyone is about to start a conspiracy theory on here that the virus is bogus etc blah blah.. FMD Oh, and the excuses offered for what they did is “It was a cultural gathering,” he said. “Learning about our land and our culture, learning how to hunt, live off the land.” Really?
So back then you weren't sure if the virus was real or not?

I know in both posts that's not what you "meant" but viewed in isolation from the other posts before it that's what you "said". That's why context is important, and we were talking about Covid-19's effect on the NRL, not the whole world.

Go Dogs

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let me provide an example relating to the concept of context, you posted (the complete post, unedited);
That means you are a flat earther, don't believe that Neil Armstrong walked on the moon and think LM is the next GI.

So back then you weren't sure if the virus was real or not?

I know in both posts that's not what you "meant" but viewed in isolation from the other posts before it that's what you "said". That's why context is important, and we were talking about Covid-19's effect on the NRL, not the whole world.

Go Dogs
Keep digging oldmate.

Regardless of what context you try to put it, anyone can go back and read my posts (you are now painfully trying to use to justify your dribble) and see that I was being sarcastic to make a point. However, your direct quote (NRL related or not) "My view is that most things will go back to normal in a few weeks, some things might take a couple of months, but in a year we will have completely forgotten what corona virus even is."

It was either silly, misguided or just fucking stupid and is/was completely wrong in any context. For the record you are expert and picking apart anyone's comments on these threads particularly if they appear to show any negativity towards Pay. Multiple posts can be brought up if you wish that show the lengths you will go to and also google to find answers that suit your comments, regardless of the context.

Like I said, put the shovel down.