Bryce Cartwright Saga

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Plenty of jobs have compulsory vaccinations pretty sure if you work in aged care or hospitals you have to have the flu shot

other jobs require Hep B vaccinations, meat workers need Q fever vaccinations etc

if there is a Corona vaccine in the future no doubt it will be the same no jab no play, will they refuse that too??

do these same players refuse pain killing injections?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The way I see things right now is that while this pandemic is still an issue, medical facilities that have equipment to deal with respiratory problems are best served by reserving them for potential corona virus sufferers. The flu shots will be infecting a weakened dose of the worst flu of the year which will allow people to build antibodies. Now the NRL is going to have the largest group of people working together at once in the country. So that means the players and anyone they live with will potentially be spreading the flu and potentially tying up a hospital bed if someone gets pneumonia. So if getting the flu shot mitigates the potential of that it's not a big sacrifice to make.

I've gotten two flu shots while working in a nursing home despite having a good immune system. I don't fear the flu, but an 80-90yo can easily die from a flu that will simply give me a runny nose. So if these footballers are too selfish to get the shot they should be willing to sit out the season without pay.

Immunization in general has eliminated some very serious illnesses in humans. I had a great grandfather with a messed up leg which I recall was from polio and he counted himself lucky that was the worst remnant he had. And in his time it was a hugely scary thing. So while some vaccines might be seen as being for minor issues, the fact that we as a species have developed immunity for serious diseases through immunization and the increased life expectancy of the general population is a direct result of this to a large extent.if I ever date someone that mentions she's an anti vaxxer I'll politely push her out of my door before I risk letting my potential offspring be exposed to stupidity related risk.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
i have travelled all over the world, lived in different countries, and never even been seriously sick while abroad. Do you think this is just pure luck? Or is there simply not as much risk as people would make you think?
Have you considered the possibility that the reason you haven’t caught polio, measles, mumps, diphtheria or smallpox for example is because the people that came before you had been vaccinated and as a result the diseases were close to eradicated? You can’t catch a disease if there is no one to give it to you. Nothing at all to do with luck or a “superior” immune system.

As for the “how many in the world are vaccinated question” the remotest tribe in central Africa hasn’t got smallpox to pass it on to you because the people that have visited them before you had the vaccination and thus couldn’t transmit it to the unvaccinated locals. Again you benefit in not being able to catch smallpox because of those that came before you.

The anti vaccination “cult” (and it truly is a cult) is extremely dangerous because the less % vaccinated means more chance of diseases being spread. The risk factors multiply exponentially and communication becomes many times easier. The “cult” is simply relying on other people who are vaccinated to protect them, but that only works while there is a tiny number in the cult, if that number grows then there won’t be enough vaccinated people to save them.

Go Dogs

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thanks for the honest answer. My answer to your question may offend you but oh well. Reality is just because you travelled the world doesn’t mean you were ever exposed to the diseases that we commonly vaccinate for. I would say that if you are unvaccinated it would be idiotic of you to knowingly expose yourself to say the measles.
The reality is that it’s your choice whether or not you want to vaccinate but let’s not pretend like that CHOICE would protect you if you were exposed.
Thankfully it sounds like you never have been and you will get the chance to watch the Bulldogs suck when the season commences like the rest of us.
Your right, it doesn't mean that I would have been exposed, but the chances of it are higher then if I lived in a bubble in suburban sydney.
I've had measles. Wasn't great, but survived. So I'm not pretending that my "choice" would protect me.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I love how there is always a bunch of fuckwit on the kennel who make it their crusade to prove to someone that they are a complete and utter idiot for having a slightly different opinion to theirs. Yep, looking at people like you @Nexus .
If any of you actually bothered to read my original post in this thread, which was a response to @Spoonman84 then you would see that I'm not actually anti vaccination, and i have actually been vaccinated on occasion. I am pro choice though.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I love how there is always a bunch of fuckwit on the kennel who make it their crusade to prove to someone that they are a complete and utter idiot for having a slightly different opinion to theirs. Yep, looking at people like you @Nexus .
If any of you actually bothered to read my original post in this thread, which was a response to @Spoonman84 then you would see that I'm not actually anti vaccination, and i have actually been vaccinated on occasion. I am pro choice though.
and the NRL players have a choice ...

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's not a ridiculous comparison. It's about people's rights not being taken away from them. You can't force people to put things into their own body without their consent.

The Flu shot has literally NOTHING to do with the coronavirus. They have played over 100 years without the flu shot being forced.
You’re completely missing the point.
All players being vaccinated against the flu was part of the plan the NRL had approved by the federal and state governments.
Players not being vaccinated may be cause to revoke the approval to restart.
This is not a wider “vaccinations are good” “vaccinations are bad” debate.
They're not being asked to be fully vaccinated against all vaccine preventable diseases, their being asked to get a flu shot.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They are forcing them by not letting them play.

Flu shot has 0% impact on coronavirus spreading. I don't get how you don't undertand that. It's a completely different disease.
No one is arguing that the flu shot is effective against corona, it had been identified that people with compromised immunities, like the elderly, cancer patients or someone who has, or has recently had the flu are not only more likely to get corona but more likely to require medical intervention.
Most people who die with AIDS don’t die from AIDS, they die from other diseases they contract while their immunity is compromised.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's not a ridiculous comparison. It's about people's rights not being taken away from them. You can't force people to put things into their own body without their consent.

The Flu shot has literally NOTHING to do with the coronavirus. They have played over 100 years without the flu shot being forced.
No one is forcing anyone to do anything. The Government set down rules that the NRL must adhere to to restart the season. The QLD government for example will not allow a player to take the field in this state if they havent had a flu shot.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Kent said last night that the original document that was presented to the Government said 100% of players and staff would have the flu vac. The Government said ok and then when it went back to the NRL someone amended the document to waivers. Government said no that was not the agreement and here we are. Players that don't agree should be stood down and we continue on or let's just forget this whole shite and come back next year.

The players (some) feel that entitled that the dumb shites can't even see or perhaps care when the very life of their job and sport is at stake. The players (some) have done nothing but try and kill everything with their stupidity and arrogant attitudes and every single player from Ado, LM, other bloke and Cleary all should have been banned for the rest of whatever 2020 season their is. V'Landys first massive fail! I can only guess that V'Landys didn't fully appreciate how bad the entitlement disease was in the NRL as he seems to be a tough operator. I wonder if he would make the same call in hindsight or hang them out to dry?

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your right, it doesn't mean that I would have been exposed, but the chances of it are higher then if I lived in a bubble in suburban sydney.
I've had measles. Wasn't great, but survived. So I'm not pretending that my "choice" would protect me.
How do you feel about no jab and no play? If that’s a condition for the players to play I think 99% will do it and not risk missing out on any more pay.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How do you feel about no jab and no play? If that’s a condition for the players to play I think 99% will do it and not risk missing out on any more pay.
What’s interesting is that all officials have done it for the clubs (trainers etc) They would have no job if they didn’t. Would they have contracts with their roles?

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Paul Green states that he was told from the beginning that to get the season restarted, the flu shot was a requirement.
Reported now that the NRL has written to the government requesting 2 Titans be given exemption.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hope Annastacia Palaszczuk says fuck off.
Hope she does too. What I find concerning is why the NRL didnt tell the Titans players where to go but instead wrote to the government asking for the exemption???

Broncos didnt bat an eyelid. Had their shots done and dusted quick smart so they could get on with training and focus on the restart of the season. God I hate them. Sorry Kaz.