No Source The Greenberg DISASTER

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is the harm that someone who looks at the game from a purely financial point of view can do. It might have been more costly to produce the talent, but only financially. With the restriction of a salary cap it's not possible to constantly have a strong team long term unless you have quality players (even if they're not stars) coming into the squad on a reasonably regular basis. It took the roosters a while to recognise this, and while they still have no great nursery to produce talent, they actively buy young talent frequently and get a few good years of service from them cheaply. Not that I think they're not cheating the salary cap, but they also supplement their top squad with good quality juniors.

At least the club seems to be attempting to develop a strong production line of juniors. Unfortunately it's not a process that can be rushed.
I agree...
Sadly we took their blueprint and they took ours !!!

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think if you look at players that came through the senior ranks then we did do pretty well. You can’t narrow it down to Nsw teams.

we had players like kasiano, taupau, Barba, Jackson, Reynolds, finucane, Elliot, Montoya Smith, averilo, Harper etc (some where here before Greenberg, some during his stay and some came after).

I can’t Blame the ceo for not developing players though. That was the coach. And it was Hasler that neglected a winning young breed of players that were finishing top 4 in u20 then went on that 3 or 4peat in nsw cup.

the facts are that Hasler set the club back a decade with his stance to put money into top grade and facilities instead of nursery’s. To not develop 12-16 year olds and to over pay and back end contracts.

Was Greenberg involved? Yes he was for signing off on it. Was castle involved. Yes. Almost worse then Greenberg. Was dib a contributor? Definitely.

So yes. Greenberg did set us back. But it was Through his empowering of hasler. Gave him complete reign over the football department without anyone with football acumen to answer to.

History will show that was a decision that closed a premiership window and left us as a bottom 5 team for several years.

I’m just hoping our blind faith will pay off with becoming more competitive from next year onwards.
I was never happy with the des Hasler signing.he was a manly legend and bled maroon and white.greenburg went after him to make his resume look good.it was a short term fix.hasler didn’t give a fuck about our club,development of juniors.he knew he had four years there and all that counts is a premiership for his resume.2012 was the only year we could have won and that was only on the back of one player! Ben barber! After 2012 we went back wards very quickly,back ended contracts again in hope of winning a premiership.but you can run but not hide as it will eventually come back to bite you.look at the rabble he left our club in. peter Moore would never have let this happen.our juniors years ago were strong.
Let’s hope that the club now has learnt from past mistakes.realene castle was from volley ball? What the fuck did she know about running a football club? well she bailed when she could another dumb decision to hire her.
I really felt for jim Dymock when we signed Hasler.he was a doggies legend and I think with a mentor like a michael Hagan he could have been ok.
Des Hasler list the dressing room long before he left.listen to what michael Ennius said about him.he hated playing footy under des.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was never happy with the des Hasler signing.he was a manly legend and bled maroon and white.greenburg went after him to make his resume look good.it was a short term fix.hasler didn’t give a fuck about our club,development of juniors.he knew he had four years there and all that counts is a premiership for his resume.2012 was the only year we could have won and that was only on the back of one player! Ben barber! After 2012 we went back wards very quickly,back ended contracts again in hope of winning a premiership.but you can run but not hide as it will eventually come back to bite you.look at the rabble he left our club in. peter Moore would never have let this happen.our juniors years ago were strong.
Let’s hope that the club now has learnt from past mistakes.realene castle was from volley ball? What the fuck did she know about running a football club? well she bailed when she could another dumb decision to hire her.
I really felt for jim Dymock when we signed Hasler.he was a doggies legend and I think with a mentor like a michael Hagan he could have been ok.
Des Hasler list the dressing room long before he left.listen to what michael Ennius said about him.he hated playing footy under des.
To be fair, Hasler jumped ship on Manly when they were ready to face the music as a result of back ended deals too. But at Manly, the back ended deals and many big money contracts were on creative players in the spine. Guys like DCE, Stewart etc. With us it was all forwards and an overpaid half in Mbye. So Manly got through the issue in a much better state. So it will be interesting to see if he builds an unsustainably priced roster and jumps ship when the shit is ready to hit the fan again. From all accounts Hasler bleeds dollars and cents rather than maroon and white.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To be fair, Hasler jumped ship on Manly when they were ready to face the music as a result of back ended deals too. But at Manly, the back ended deals and many big money contracts were on creative players in the spine. Guys like DCE, Stewart etc. With us it was all forwards and an overpaid half in Mbye. So Manly got through the issue in a much better state. So it will be interesting to see if he builds an unsustainably priced roster and jumps ship when the shit is ready to hit the fan again. From all accounts Hasler bleeds dollars and cents rather than maroon and white.
Don’t even talk about mbye Hasler through 750 at him and he had potential even now he is a 300k player