NRL axes controversial 'Simply the Best' ad for season restart

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Common sense has prevailed. Suck a fat one Greenturd you bloody fool, putting Loltrell as the poster boy for the ad. Stevie Wonder could have seen the guy was going to screw up.

That ad was littered with PC garbage, surprised they didn't include Fagelmore doing his grand final performance.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
An NRL ad needs only one thing in it:

People playing footy. Nothing more, nothing less.

That’s literally all the ad should be.
fans with war paint, banners etc but yeah just footy.

Spot on. Highlights reels of exciting plays with some flashes of fans celebrating is enough. Balance it out enough that every team gets about the same amount of footage to involve supporters from every team and it's a recipe for advertising success.

In hindsight I'm surprised they didn't cram footage of people gambling in the original ad.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
my life has improved by at least 80% since they axed this thing

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Let’s just have adverts where every team features equally (and more of the doggies) :innocent:

no big loss with this ad gone lol, I’m fact I’m glad...!!

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Remember that stupid man hating pc Gillette ad with its left wing white straight male hating agenda?

Wtf is with all this left leaning propaganda finding it's way into simple everyday advertisement?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Remember that stupid man hating pc Gillette ad with its left wing white straight male hating agenda?

Wtf is with all this left leaning propaganda finding it's way into simple everyday advertisement?
Those Gillette ads were stupid. Let's just attack the majority consumer of our product with an ad about how bad a person they are...that will boost sales.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This ad is an interesting point in the plight of the "face of the league" poster boys. It seems to be some sort of curse or something.

I'm too lazy to to do, but if you looked back at the last few years, there would be quite a few instances where someone was featured front and centre of a promotion, to them fuck up spectacularly so shortly thereafter.

Benji Marshall and Ben Barba are a couple that spring to mind.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
about time,

but I think they need to go more left field...

they need ad with all players off-field indiscretions, have the Tina Turner's "Simply the Best" playing while footage of Matt Lodge punching on and terrorizing his victims in America