Call me nostradamus

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its a no brainer, once shit blows over they are dead set walk ins back to the game.
Yeah, problem is there's no way that they would come back to us after how we treated them.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, problem is there's no way that they would come back to us after how we treated them.
What? For being pissed off that they let us all down?? (Team mates, sponsors, family, fans etc etc..) if there is any good in CHN he will want a chance to make it up to everyone.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nrl de registers 2 of our players less than 2 months ago and ado car & Mitchell commit multiple serious offenses firearms and non social distancing and the NRL simply give them a fine. I do hope our esteemed leadership at the bulldogs are pursuing the NRL with a vengance asking for an explanation as to how we cop de registrations, lose sponsors and suffer more indignity at the hands of an inept, incompetent and corrupt administrative body in the NRL and these 2 other clubs have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING imposed on them. Its beyond appalling. Its an absolute disgrace.
Can you please change your name to nostradamus

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nrl de registers 2 of our players less than 2 months ago and ado car & Mitchell commit multiple serious offenses firearms and non social distancing and the NRL simply give them a fine. I do hope our esteemed leadership at the bulldogs are pursuing the NRL with a vengance asking for an explanation as to how we cop de registrations, lose sponsors and suffer more indignity at the hands of an inept, incompetent and corrupt administrative body in the NRL and these 2 other clubs have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING imposed on them. Its beyond appalling. Its an absolute disgrace.
They dont call us the Dogs for no reason.. Weve been copping it doggy style from the NRL for as long as I can remember..

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
They dont call us the Dogs for no reason.. Weve been copping it doggy style from the NRL for as long as I can remember..
Bloody oath we have, which makes us more passionate, and when we are back at the top (which we will be) then we get our justice, and the haters can get fucked..!!!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Can I make a point that regardless of what the NRL did, I do NOT want those two idiots back at our club. I don't care how good they are as players and what they did to get the NRL to make that decision, but what they DID do is break our clubs code of conduct. FFS we went through this shit with the CH bullshit in 2004, why should we have to go through it again?

I agree the NRL is a joke and the standards are clearly double, and they should have a right to appeal and return to the NRL, that's fine, but I don't want them at Belmore!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's their call I reckon.. club didn't do anything wrong really. The story was always going to come out and they only got Sacked because they were deregistered.. if anything they should consider themselves lucky to come back after the crap they pulled.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What? For being pissed off that they let us all down?? (Team mates, sponsors, family, fans etc etc..) if there is any good in CHN he will want a chance to make it up to everyone.
That's their call I reckon.. club didn't do anything wrong really. The story was always going to come out and they only got Sacked because they were deregistered.. if anything they should consider themselves lucky to come back after the crap they pulled.
I get what you're saying but CHN got thrown under the bus hard on this one. He didn't pick up at the school, he wasn't even there. From what I read, he just picked up a girl on tinder. He just got thrown in to the chaos because of what okunbur did.

You have up admit, if CHN had just picked up the girl on tinder and brought her back to the room, yes it would have broken their rules but without okunbur getting with the girl from the school he went to, nothing would have came of it.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I get what you're saying but CHN got thrown under the bus hard on this one. He didn't pick up at the school, he wasn't even there. From what I read, he just picked up a girl on tinder. He just got thrown in to the chaos because of what okunbur did.

You have up admit, if CHN had just picked up the girl on tinder and brought her back to the room, yes it would have broken their rules but without okunbur getting with the girl from the school he went to, nothing would have came of it.
True, I think CHN got the wrong end of the stick punishment wise and did not deserve to be tarred with the same brush as JO. The problem for him was he already had form so he should have known better and kept it in his pants..

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So... why are we calling you nostradamus exactly?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

At the end of the day we probably only know half the real story... CHN could have known it was a school girl from the school that the club visited that day and probably had a chuckle with knockon about it. It could have been a nothing but a big laugh for them blinded from what was to come or he could have been what you say but in all honesty I believe they both plainly fcuked up royally.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The new NRL regime have failed dismally at their first real challenge -disappointing. Abdos performance in front of the cameras did not instil confidence nor did the decisions.
Not a fan of Okunbor or CHN but I believe they have grounds to appeal n win and would be crazy not to pursue the legal path.
I agree with you here. Based purely on the fact that their deregistration was based purely on moral grounds. Players haven't been sacked for other questionable immoral acts in recent years. Usually they'll cop a fine and at most a modest suspension. This was a trial by media. Not proud of either player and I would have been happy for both to miss a significant amount of game time. But the punishment was well above and beyond what other immoral acts have earned.

Maybe, maybe not. The club didn't make the decision to deregister them. The NRL did. Either player might feel hard done by with the fact that the club didn't appeal the punishment though.

Go back and read the exchange of text messages. To me they imply that while Okunbor might have met the girl at school, he didn't get her number there or make advances at the school. As I read the exchange of messages, it seems like he probably found her later on a dating app too. He did find out that she was a student before meeting up later though. So right there he's stepped into immoral territory. But the typical punishment dished out by the NRL for immoral acts doesn't tend to be this harsh. The media exposure no doubt influenced the severity of the punishment.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The NRL laid out their code for a strict adherence to the government's standards regarding group gatherings. They made it clear that a breach of the code could see the end of any hope of a return of the NRL season in 2020; and said punishment would be severe.

What we've seen is how quickly the NRL goes to water when their favoured sons are guilty of a breach. No mercy was shown to the Bulldogs pair back when the NRL had standards, and teeth to back them up.

Todd Greenberg was a giant compared to these weak "leaders" of the game.

Shame on the NRL.

I lose interest in the game by the day.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: I’ll call you Nostradamus and you can call me time traveller! It’s a gee up surely! It’s attempted murder what they did. If they had virus and it spread chance of killing someone. Fuck me sideways to Sydenham. Their apologies was fake and disrespectful. I bet if they were bulldogs and low profile player would have got a worse outcome
Fuck me sideways to Sydenham...now there's a Sydney expletive if ever I've heard one. Well done I like your colourful language.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
nrl is fucking shit the best thing that could of happened it went broke and the lot of these useless ***** left and we started again

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think the punishment to CHN and Okenbor was too severe, but the punishment handed out to Addo Carr and Mitchell was a joke... especially using the excuses they had. It is obvious that they do not think the rules will apply to them, and at the very least get let off easily... They both should have been suspended for the rest of the season without pay or at least none of the money the NRL were giving clubs used to pay them. They could be paid by TPA's if the third party still wanted to be associated with them. Their behaviour (and see no reason why it will not continue) will risk the continuation of the competition and the livelihood of many players and possibly affecting club survival.

A

Alexander the Great

This is what you get when you do the right thing by the NRL. Whoever thought this was a good idea to go to Greenberg first with the stuff up should be sacked.
If they shut their mouth and played dumb it would have been swept away under the rug with the Latrell and Ado-Carr situation.

A

Alexander the Great

It is already in the pipeline. They just need the NRL to reject their appeal and they will be on their way.

The new NRL regime have failed dismally at their first real challenge -disappointing. Abdos performance in front of the cameras did not instil confidence nor did the decisions.
Not a fan of Okunbor or CHN but I believe they have grounds to appeal n win and would be crazy not to pursue the legal path.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So... why are we calling you nostradamus exactly?
because I made a post when our 2 boys were banned saying that I can cop it on the chin but future punishments have to be consistent with what we were given. Call me Nostradamus!!!!!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
because I made a post when our 2 boys were banned saying that I can cop it on the chin but future punishments have to be consistent with what we were given. Call me Nostradamus!!!!!
Which they weren't (consistent), which a true Nostradamus would have foreseen.

Go Dogs