NRL competition to be 20 rounds starting May 28

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
First two rounds will count. Grand Final October 25. Origin after the GF.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So 18 more rounds. I recon the current competition leaders will finish down the bottom. Bring it on.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
So 18 more rounds. I recon the current competition leaders will finish down the bottom. Bring it on.
I think there will be a lot of surprise results this season.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How did they come up with 18 more rounds for a 16 team comp :/ are my maths way off or are they dyslexic.

I guess their thinking is no origin so they make back 3 weeks. And only lose 4 rounds. So it’s purely financial? Still. Feel sorry for the teams that play roosters, storm etc twice. You’ll end up vs 5 teams twice and 15 teams once.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How did they come up with 18 more rounds for a 16 team comp :/ are my maths way off or are they dyslexic.

I guess their thinking is no origin so they make back 3 weeks. And only lose 4 rounds. So it’s purely financial? Still. Feel sorry for the teams that play roosters, storm etc twice. You’ll end up vs 5 teams twice and 15 teams once.
More games = more money.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Since when did the NRL care about a fair comp?

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Breaking news. Pay is throwing out his lack of game plan, playing the 25% of players currently playing out of position in their actual natural positions.
He's given Wakeham the keys, was actually heard telling Lewis he was 'off his chops'.
He's returned Meany to fullback seeing as he's physically strengthened, improved with valuable game time the last 18 months. Said hes only seen him drop 2 balls but he wouldnt elaborate.
Katoa given a crack closely watched on by the training staff to hone his game as the weeks progress. He's booked in with Freddy 'the mind' Fitler as of the 12th for meditation sessions to help clear his mind and sharpen his game.
Was heard telling Smiffy 'pull your head in mate, get back out onyu wing'.
Tolman was told if he cant pick up a ball 6 inches from the try line and place it in the in goal that he now has to go back behind the sticks and have a smoke when we are 15 metres out from the try line.
Hopefully with these changes we will see some cohesion and dare I say it, some combinations latter in the season.
Cant wait for the 28th.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
True hey. How a 16 team Comp players 24 games :unamused:

Only thing worse is probably NFL. how long is their season? It’s gotta be under 20.
16 regular season games but you play all the teams in your division twice and each division champ makes the playoffs which makes it fairer than the NRL system.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think you will find it’s every team once then the last 5 rounds (in 5 months time) to be local derbies etc possibly with crowds giving clubs a chance to maximise revenue. So we will probably play Souths dragons eels tigers and maybe the roosters or Penrith.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I must say I've kind of lost interest in footy for 2020. It all just feels so desperate and sad. I also don't really rate Apostrophe. Guy comes across as a spiv tbh.

#unpopularopinions

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Bunch of greedy pricks... Should have just played everyone once and be done with the season imo.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I must say I've kind of lost interest in footy for 2020. It all just feels so desperate and sad. I also don't really rate Apostrophe. Guy comes across as a spiv tbh.

#unpopularopinions
Nah I'm with ya mate. Couldn't give a flying fuck about it.

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is zero chance all the players who are single will abstain from sex. Zero. When you combine testosterone filled athletes will zero brains it will end in disaster. Only have to look at the 2 dogs players And this will be for 4 months? Lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
There is zero chance all the players who are single will abstain from sex. Zero. When you combine testosterone filled athletes will zero brains it will end in disaster. Only have to look at the 2 dogs players And this will be for 4 months? Lol
The players can have sex with each other, that should be okay?!!