No Source SBW

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wasn't there a respected poster on here talking about him coming back to the Dogs before Toronto came in with the BIG $$$$.

Regularly read that SBW and the Mormon are the only players from Union that could come back this year, but no one has mentioned SBW back to the Dogs ... as far as I've seen.

Am I missing something? If all the talk was that he'd come to us on a short deal BEFORE he went to Toronto, why wouldn't we be back in for him now? Especially with CHN on his way?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wasn't there a respected poster on here talking about him coming back to the Dogs before Toronto came in with the BIG $$$$.

Regularly read that SBW and the Mormon are the only players from Union that could come back this year, but no one has mentioned SBW back to the Dogs ... as far as I've seen.

Am I missing something? If all the talk was that he'd come to us on a short deal BEFORE he went to Toronto, why wouldn't we be back in for him now? Especially with CHN on his way?
What you are missing is closure apparently. I can understand wanting something badly that isn't going to happen. For me that thing is a random encounter with Jessica Alba who realises I'm the man of her dreams. There's an extremely small chance that might happen. I might also wake up tomorrow with super powers and a billion dollars in the bank. But realistically speaking I know that Jessica isn't going to knock on my door. I'm more likely to wake up and levitate my way to a diamond encrusted toilet. I think that people need to be realistic about the fact that SBW isn't going to be back in a dog's roster either.

Reactions: DT

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What you are missing is closure apparently. I can understand wanting something badly that isn't going to happen. For me that thing is a random encounter with Jessica Alba who realises I'm the man of her dreams. There's an extremely small chance that might happen. I might also wake up tomorrow with super powers and a billion dollars in the bank. But realistically speaking I know that Jessica isn't going to knock on my door. I'm more likely to wake up and levitate my way to a diamond encrusted toilet. I think that people need to be realistic about the fact that SBW isn't going to be back in a dog's roster either.
You seem to be presuming that I'd like him back at the Dogs?

My honest question is why it hasn't been talked about? Especially considering some on here were convinced he'd already agreed to come here, and even some journalists had the same idea. If that story was indeed true we'd sure be hearing about it with CHN rubbed out and us having more salary cap space available?

Unless otherwise that story wasn't true ... ;)

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wouldn’t say NO that’s for sure,would definitely give us a little well needed boost. problem is it won’t happen.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wouldn’t say NO that’s for sure,would definitely give us a little well needed boost. problem is it won’t happen.
Agree on all. Just surprised it hasn't been talked about on here and the media.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There are such things as "respected posters" on the TK?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You seem to be presuming that I'd like him back at the Dogs?

My honest question is why it hasn't been talked about? Especially considering some on here were convinced he'd already agreed to come here, and even some journalists had the same idea. If that story was indeed true we'd sure be hearing about it with CHN rubbed out and us having more salary cap space available?

Unless otherwise that story wasn't true ... ;)
The rumour did the rounds here for a while. And then money bill accepted huge dollars to play for the wolfpack. I think it did get discussed at greater length than was required. And sorry if that last post came off as a bit snarky. I just get sick of seeing rumours and discussion pop up about bringing him back whenever he nears the end of a contract. I lost all respect for him when he left us in the lurch. Mostly because when he signed his last contract with us we were forced to decide between which marquee forward to keep between him and Asotasi. The club chose poorly in hindsight.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
SBW has a 10 million dollar contract with Toronto.

Why would he come back?

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He wouldnt have the morals to come back.
Its about what can they do for me 100%.
Not what can i bring and offer them in return.
Never in the game has there been a gun for hire so much!
No thanks

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why would he come back ? Sentimental value ? He's won the NRL again with the Roosters, won a Rugby World Cup with the All Blacks and much much more. He doesn't care about us anymore and his pricetag is WAY too high for his age, even if we could get him back why would we ? Our roster isn't missing one or two star players to contend we are missing an entire spine. That money is better spent on marquee players that are young and play the right position (FB, HB, FE, HK)

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Toronto were getting lapped before the Super League shut down so it’s not like he was setting the world on fire there anyway. I watched a couple of his games and he looked cooked.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Funny how you refer to Israel as a Mormon but you refrain from referring to SBW as a Muslim.
Ha. Funny thing is I forgot how to spell Israel's last name so thought that'd be easier and I'd avoid embarrassment b

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The rumour did the rounds here for a while. And then money bill accepted huge dollars to play for the wolfpack. I think it did get discussed at greater length than was required. And sorry if that last post came off as a bit snarky. I just get sick of seeing rumours and discussion pop up about bringing him back whenever he nears the end of a contract. I lost all respect for him when he left us in the lurch. Mostly because when he signed his last contract with us we were forced to decide between which marquee forward to keep between him and Asotasi. The club chose poorly in hindsight.
No, it didn't come across snarky at all ....

This thread is an actual dig at those who started these rumours in the first place. I'm honestly mystified that such strong links / word about him returning to the Dogs at the start of the year with apparently a handshake agreement in place but ... when there's this talk about him potentially coming back to the NRL and not one whisper about him coming to us. Tells me that whoever started all of that was talking out of their arse.

Would I take him back? Honestly haven't thought about it, and don't really see the need to as he's not coming here.