No Source Should dogs make a play for Ben Teo for this year?

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Ben teo could be another one to come back to the nrl for this season, should we make a play now we’re without chn and Stimson?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
11. Jackson
12. Elliot
13. Britt
is what id be running with now CHN is gone, bring Topine into the squad and give him some time in the top grade instead of buying a stop gap solution.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have serious doubts that the NRL will be approving any new contracts for the near future. Paying already contracted players is apparently breaking the bank. So this is largely pointless to discuss. If we'd had interest when he left league he'd have been a great signing. But now I think focusing on the future should be the priority.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We need to sign players that are going to be with us for at least two seasons. If they're for two seasons they need to be someone like Friend who's still in the game (similar to when we signed Kimmorley) but also for positions where we don't have many options. Players like Teo and Cooper don't fit that. We should be worrying about 2021 not 2020.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I have serious doubts that the NRL will be approving any new contracts for the near future. Paying already contracted players is apparently breaking the bank. So this is largely pointless to discuss. If we'd had interest when he left league he'd have been a great signing. But now I think focusing on the future should be the priority.
They will not approve contracts but you can get everything else besides that done and wait until after the Coronavirus calms down. Basically you'd just agree on X% of salary cap (and use the current salary cap to get the $).

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t need him, Chris Smith will be back next year so we’ll start winning again.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ben Teo circa 2014 would be an awesome addition to the squad.
Skilful, aggressive, competitive.
Ben Teo 2020, age 33, having spent 5 years in rugby, definately not as an exciting prospect.
In saying that, it would still be a good signing if we could get him for 2020, 2021 and perhaps a club option for 2022. It'd take the rest of this year for him to adapt back to league, 2021 turning 34 could play a big part in creating a winning culture at the dogs again.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That guy still around?

I wouldn’t waste money on him. Better off trying to get Thompson over a year earlier.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
most definitely sign teo, as well as quade cooper,we need halves maybe the club can resign brent sherwin and goal kicker we can sign hazam, sign omearly as we need some aggression in our forwards

stop with the wanting to sign old players well past their use by dates, money needs to be spent building a strong team not wasting it on rubbish

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
33 years old.. may be ok for a year or 2, But I would say NO as well. As for better options for this year.. who knows.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
33 years old.. may be ok for a year or 2, But I would say NO as well. As for better options for this year.. who knows.
Exactly. Let Broncos buy him and take J.Hopoate off their hands.

Last edited:

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
NO...
We should concentrate on building the team with young quality players...not retirees !